Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 09:38 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,656,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Your brain is telling you your heart is wrong? Explain.

If they do not align with your principles why would you want them to win anyway? Principles really don't matter to you?
I see you're the type who asks rhetorical questions to answer your own narrative. Good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 09:47 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
Actually, people are so interested in this election cycle that, despite the fact that there is disdain for both of them, there will be a lot of people voting .... maybe more than we've seen in a long time.
Also, the Clinton campaign, will be very active in getting out the vote. They will put a tremendous amount of energy into getting people to the polls.

And while it's good to be principled, sometimes the right this isn't the smart thing.
It's good to send a message but this is not the time to be stubborn, prideful and righteous. It's a "luxury" that this country can't afford right now.
These two candidates are not equally "evil". One, imo, absolutely is and the other (H.C.) is a typical politician who may or may not be able to make some positive changes. There is a chance that she'll do some good. There is absolutely no chance, given who he is and how people (ya know, like congress and others that a president needs to work with) feel about him, that trump will do any one any good. At all. Period. These are not two equally deplorable candidates with the potential to do equally horrific damage.
If trump is elected the country will be thrown into extreme chaos and the devisiveness will continue and actually get much worse and he won't be able to get a damn thing done. Your vote for Jill Stein will be contributing to a very, very bad situation.
Oh, I think we will see more people voting this election, I just think Trump and Clinton will see less votes than Obama and Romney.

Actually this is the time to vote for principle because it is always a good time when it comes to voting. I would never vote for someone I didn't agree with, and I especially don't vote for anyone who would cheat an election. Hillary has proven herself to be a corrupt politician and I can't knowingly support that with my vote.

I actually think it would be better for an idiot like Trump to win because it would force the Democrats to move further to the left and push to win more elections in Congress in 2018, and push a better candidate for president in 2020. If Trump were to ever win, he would be a useless one term president that would have no influence in Congress. Hillary winning will further damage the Democrats and could easily cause the country to move much further to the right.

So you vote for Hillary all you want, but if the Democrats wanted my vote, then they shouldn't have cheated to get Hillary nominated.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:59 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,940,972 times
I'll try to find a Republican to convince to vote for Johnson so my Stein vote isn't "wasted" or considered a vote for Trump as so many seem to think.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:00 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,820,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
That's code for "I'm anti-vax." I have no respect for a physician talking like that, to pander. She knows better. A leader is supposed to lead.
I think a doctor knows vaccines more than someone who claims to used to work in the field on an anonymous Internet forum. What medical degree do you have that trumps Stein? You really think someone with a MD degree, who spent their undergrad, their medical degree, their residency, and their career in continuing education studying science, medicine and healthcare practices would really be anti-vaccine?

If anyone is pandering here it's Hillary or Trump. If the Green Party pandered it would be exactly like the Dems.

A MD degree surpasses any nursing or healthcare administration degree so unless you are saying you are a doctor yourself or a pharmacist then frankly I don't think you have the ground to stand on for your argument. It would be like saying a paralegal knows more than a judge.

She's not saying to get rid of vaccines. Shes saying to get rid of corporate interest in them, like giving bonuses to doctors who vaccinate a certain number of their patients (insurance companies). If I say I am against illegal immigration does that suddenly make me racist? That is the same logic you are pulling here, you are really REACHING FOR ANY EXCUSE to be against the Green Party.

Error 404: logic not found.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:03 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,820,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
If I still lived in California, where the election is already decided, I'd vote for Stein out of principle and to give the Green Party more leverage (same reason I voted Nader in 2000). But I live in Ohio and have to vote practically, not ideally, because the race can always go either way here.
I personally think the election has already been decided for us. However, I can see Ohio going for Trump this election given the fact that Clinton's recent rallies in the state have been minuscule.

I live in Arizona. My state will go to Trump I can guarantee it. But I encourage you to vote for what you agree with, not because of fear. We need to change that mentality in this country.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:03 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
Actually, people are so interested in this election cycle that, despite the fact that there is disdain for both of them, there will be a lot of people voting .... maybe more than we've seen in a long time.
Also, the Clinton campaign, will be very active in getting out the vote. They will put a tremendous amount of energy into getting people to the polls.

And while it's good to be principled, sometimes the right this isn't the smart thing.
It's good to send a message but this is not the time to be stubborn, prideful and righteous. It's a "luxury" that this country can't afford right now.
These two candidates are not equally "evil". One, imo, absolutely is and the other (H.C.) is a typical politician who may or may not be able to make some positive changes. There is a chance that she'll do some good. There is absolutely no chance, given who he is and how people (ya know, like congress and others that a president needs to work with) feel about him, that trump will do any one any good. At all. Period. These are not two equally deplorable candidates with the potential to do equally horrific damage.
If trump is elected the country will be thrown into extreme chaos and the devisiveness will continue and actually get much worse and he won't be able to get a damn thing done. Your vote for Jill Stein will be contributing to a very, very bad situation.
Hyperbole and B.S. That's how to get people to see things your way according to you and many others. LOL, keep on trying, it isn't going to work.

I'm voting for Stein but the truth is, if I had to absolutely vote for either Trump or Hillary, I would vote for Trump.

So what do you now have to say about my vote for Stein?

Old 08-01-2016, 10:05 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I see you're the type who asks rhetorical questions to answer your own narrative. Good day.
I'll take that as you ceding the point.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:09 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Hyperbole and B.S. That's how to get people to see things your way according to you and many others. LOL, keep on trying, it isn't going to work.

I'm voting for Stein but the truth is, if I had to absolutely vote for either Trump or Hillary, I would vote for Trump.

So what do you now have to say about my vote for Stein?
Great point, if I could only pick between Trump and Hillary, I wouldn't vote for president this election, so that means my vote for Stein isn't a wasted vote since I wouldn't have voted for either one anyway.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:23 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,630,780 times
Any vote for Stein or Johnson is a vote for a better future for ourselves, or neighbors, our children, and our country. This is just the beginning. People are disgusted with the Parties and the nominees they shove down our throats.

The more we grow the faster we will grow.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:50 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,630,780 times
The Hill writes that third-party support is surging. If momentum is maintained this could be a momentous election year.

Third-party support surging | TheHill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections