Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 06:00 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,122,755 times

Advertisements

Trump the buffoon at it again..

Old 08-02-2016, 06:04 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,529,279 times
Trump could have said, "thank you sir for the gesture and the vote of confidence and your sacrifice for our country, but YOU earned that medal, I didn't" But of course, he didn't say that. I'm pretty sure Trump doesn't really know what a Purple Heart is.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:08 PM

17,807 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
pin it on his lapel....OMG Trump has the NERVE to wear a real hero's metal!!!!

You just failed at politics.
Meh, I like people that weren't wounded.............okay?

Old 08-02-2016, 06:12 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Trump could have said, "thank you sir for the gesture and the vote of confidence and your sacrifice for our country, but YOU earned that medal, I didn't" But of course, he didn't say that. I'm pretty sure Trump doesn't really know what a Purple Heart is.
A class act would have been to say "I thank you for your service" (he never said anything like that) "but I can't accept it" and then hand or pin it back on the vet. But for Trump is was all about himself and pocketing a trophy.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:16 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,512,720 times
Quote:
Gotta love politics - every move is open for critique.

OMGOMGOMG he put it in his pocket!!! The REAL story!!!!!!! In his pocket!!!!!!!
The honorable thing to do would have been to tell the veteran that he's honored but he can't take it, then pin it back on him and given him a proper military salute, like a Commander in Chief would do.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:17 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,943,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
The honorable thing to do would have been to tell the veteran that he's honored but he can't take it, then pin it back on him and given him a proper military salute, like a Commander in Chief would do.
You have data to back that up or is it just your opinion?

Old 08-02-2016, 06:19 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
It was reported that the vet Mr. Dorfman, said that it was a replacement - not the original one he received.
OK... this is off topic, but so very much in sync with how strange this political season is going... Dorf man? really? What a name - that poor guy! But, google is your friend, and it turns out that there are 3 Dorfman's who have received Purple Hearts.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:31 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Metal of Honor winner, Dakato Meyer, Sarah Palin's son-in-law speaks out against Trump.

Sarah Palin's son-in-law speaks out against Trump | Washington Examiner
Well..so much for the Palin Family standing side by side with the Trumpster...Anyone ever wonder why Palin an earlier supporter of Trump wasn't within smelling distance of their Convention??...Instead..like of screeching of Hillary haters YET don't bother mentioning Trump LOL

Point is..Trump as the Standard Sanction Leader of GOP is not supported by GOP folks!! Never mind Dems or Libs...It's a lose lose situation for Trump and I won't even address right now Trumps lack of Ground game..nor using data (not talking Twitter-Modes Operandi either) because having manpower to get out the vote has always been a MUST..going way back..BUT Trump just loves to spew his incoherent sometimes repetitive rhetoric..loses his trend of thought..but instead..responds to audience..and often it is then he makes his GAFFS!!

He's a train wreck and unless he gets an intervention ( previous one's lasted a day or so) plus appropriate meds and attitude adjustment..He's going to be considered a LOSER..Something he LOVES to label others with...

But side by side..the numbers SHINE on him as being TOP Loser..LOL..Of course typical Trump will tout top rating Loser as some sort of Badge of honour!! All Media is good..LOL

Old 08-02-2016, 06:32 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
You have data to back that up or is it just your opinion?
It is subjective. The fact is Trump isn't really a class act.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:33 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,291,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post

I would have fallen out of my chair, truly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections