Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 01:49 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
If Trump always wanted a Purple Heart he could have gone in the service and EARNED one or encouraged his kids to go in the service and EARN one. A Purple Heart isn't just a piece of memorabilia that rich old guys can collect, it's what they symbolize that is important. And I don't want to see someone post about his bone spur as an excuse for him not going in the service. They can be removed easily and after a few months you're as good as new.
You're off on a pointless tangent now. Perhaps Trump doesn't have all the honorable traits of a Purple Heart recipient? Maybe that's why he wants one? To basically say anyone could sign up and earn a Purple Heart is disrespectful to those who received one. You should be ashamed.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:49 PM

21,136 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpicture View Post
...Then he puts it in his pocket.

Here's the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR66EoDQEt0
That was beautiful. It is amazing how the Hillarians tried to twist this into Trump being disrespectful. Pretty shameful. They should have more respect for our military.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
NO service member "wants" a Purple Heart.

The people who want a Purple Heart are memorabilia collectors. Trump's office is full of sports memorabilia. He must be giddy with excitement that he has a Purple Heart to add to his collection.
Why couldn't one want the traits of a soldier standing behind that Purple Heart. Personally I hold vets like that in high regard and wouldn't mind one bit of a child of mine wanted to be just like them.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:18 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,030,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Why couldn't one want the traits of a soldier standing behind that Purple Heart. Personally I hold vets like that in high regard and wouldn't mind one bit of a child of mine wanted to be just like them.
I don't know what you're saying. Trump has never done anything heroic nor has any of the traits that come close to deserving a Purple Heart.

Sure, if one thinks it's heroic to battle against STDs while sleeping around with ten-rated women while at the exact same time, people like my brother were fighting in Vietnam, sure, he definitely deserves a purple heart and we should shower him with accolades.

If that's the case, yes, Trump is truly a hero. That was quite a battle he went through back in the 70s. He fought it hard and won. All the more reason to be proud of this brave man.
~amanda

Old 08-02-2016, 02:27 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Never to look at it again. I hope that vet enjoyed his 15 seconds of fame because now he's lost his Purple Heart to a man who couldn't possibly care less about him or the sacrifice he made for his country and would never, ever, make himself. Poor fool.
Maybe trump will walk around with it pinned to his lapel, and talk about how he was given in and it was so easy to get. yeah, that will make us all respect his sacrifices so much more.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
I don't know what you're saying. Trump has never done anything heroic nor has any of the traits that come close to deserving a Purple Heart.
99.99% of people have never done anything heroic and many of them might not have the traits of a Purple Heart recipient. THAT'S why one might want to be like a Purple Heart recipient.

YOU have turned a discussion about an American hero's interaction with Trump into a political mud slinging tangent. You should be ashamed.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:32 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
You know what I find amazing? The man can't do a damn thing right in some of y'alls eyes.
Trump is damned if he does, damned if he dont.
blah, blah, blah he insulted a gold star family blah blah blah
blah blah blah how dare he! He accepted someone's purple heart...and he kept it blah blah blah.

Old 08-02-2016, 02:34 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,030,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
99.99% of people have never done anything heroic and many of them might not have the traits of a Purple Heart recipient. THAT'S why one might want to be like a Purple Heart recipient.

YOU have turned a discussion about an American hero's interaction with Trump into a political mud slinging tangent. You should be ashamed.
Oh yeah, I'm ashamed. To associate Trump with a Purple Heart is shameful. No, I'm not ashamed.
~amanda

Old 08-02-2016, 02:45 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Dear Lord.

I always wanted a Purple Heart, but I never actually wanted to earn one by going into combat and getting wounded or anything crazy like that. Having it literally handed to me us just so, so much easier.

Well, I'm sure he feels he's earned it because some people hurt his feelings by saying mean things about him. That's the same thing, right? Like his sexual escapades in the '60s were "his own personal Vietnam," this campaign can now be "his own, personal Afghanistan." Only, you know, without any personal risk whatsoever.

What an ass.
Most on this forum have a different view of this and the man was genuine when he gave to Mr. Trump. Trump is trying to make positive change . The establishment Media and the Establishment in DC do not want change. Even long GP guys are in on this .

If this your standard then you must think the private server is illege and Gross negligence was committed.
But Hilary remains above the law.

That's OK what's a little corrupt Politics?

Old 08-02-2016, 03:12 PM

381 posts, read 177,265 times
Americans are thankful to this brave veteran for his service.

And LOL @ people acting as if ANYTHING Trump says would ever please them. The fake outrage act is more intolerable day by day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections