Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 03:53 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
I'm sure you on the left would treat Trump equally and call it him, just doing his job, had he pulled the same stunt. She got a rapist off with about a year in prison and plea'd the rape down to "improper fondling".

Really? Since when does a 40 something year old push his penis into a 12 year old and come out with only a "improper fondling" charge? It doesn't negate his guilt, only gets him off on a technicality. You know, the kind Hillary uses when she says things like "that I can recall"....."short circuited"....spinspeak for you got me now I got to pivot and avoid the truth.

SHE defended a rapist and got him off easy, so much for "the woman's choice".....hey, if you want her to protect your daughters Moms of America, vote for Hillary. Who knows? Maybe when YOUR 12 year old kid gets raped by a grown man, her cronies can get it plea'd out for a lesser charge and set him free in about a year.

You okay with that? Crickets......
SHE defended a rapist. Because that is what lawyers do.

Yeah, I'm okay with a lawyer doing their job. I wish the prosecutor in this case had done a better job. And I blame the prosecutor, because that's who botched this case.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:56 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
There were only two practicing female attorneys in the district at the time.
Oh....so that's it...because she was one of only two attorneys in the world, she decided to defend a guy who raped a 12 year old...and to the Democrats....it's okay, business as usual.

Hey, vote Hillary....she's here to protect you....tell that to the next rape victim. You vote her in, expect more of the same malaise when it comes to crime. But hey, she is just doing her job.

Right?

Christ, it's one thing for her to rape a 12 year old all over again, quite another to rape the country.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:02 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
She most certainly is not. And she never laughed about the case itself or the fact that the defendent pled guilty to a lesser offense.

Provide a source or stop your lies.
She pled him down. "He" didn't do anything except shove his penis into a 12 year old and got pled out to a lesser charge thanks to the prosecutorial team's less than stellar work.

Doesn't alleviate it. He raped her. Period. Quit making excuses. Benghazi, Rose Law firm, taking furniture out of the white house when they left in 2001, the Clinton Foundation's latest escapades with foreign despots, lying to the FBI and getting caught, running Nixon out for erasing tapes but, she gets in for erasing emails...nice.....

walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's an f'n duck. Or, are YOU just too blind to see it? Maybe it's NOT a vast right wing conspiracy but, a crook that's finally getting caught for all the shiite she has done these past 40 years.

This rape is just one more nail in her coffin. A competent and good lawyer would not take a case knowing the only "justice" was a plea to a lesser offense.

Please.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-10-2016 at 04:14 PM..

Old 08-10-2016, 04:07 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,194,523 times
Quote:
She pled him down. "He" didn't do anything except shove his penis into a 12 year old and got pled out to a lesser charge thanks to the prosecutorial team's less than stellar work.

Doesn't alleviate it. He raped her. Period. Quit making excuses. Benghazi, Rose Law firm, taking furniture out of the white house when they left in 2001, the Clinton Foundation's latest escapades with foreign despots, lying to the FBI and getting caught, running Nixon out for erasing tapes but, she gets in for erasing emails...nice.....

walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's an f'n duck. Or, are YOU just too blind to see it? Maybe it's NOT a vast right wing conspiracy but, a crook that's finally getting caught for all the shiite she has done these past 40 years.

This rape is just one more nail in her coffin. A competent and good lawyer would not take a case knowing the only "justice" was a plea to a lesser offense.

Please.
Another non-lawyer opining on the legal system, I see. Defense attorneys - good and competent defense attorneys - take rape cases, take cases where they have to defend someone who disgusts them, take cases where they still have to follow their professional obligations and provide a defense, and yes, sometimes plead out cases esp. where (as has been documentation in many links cited throughout this thread) the victim and their mother requests that they resolve the case and not make the victim go through a trial.

A defense attorney is not the defendant and is not guilty of the crime even if their client is.

Any other inaccurate statements about the legal system you'd care to share? Along with repeating false decades old smears?

Old 08-10-2016, 04:09 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I could have sworn the constitution specifically said everyone deserves legal representation to defend him/herself? Even the most vile human beings on earth deserve a chance to defend themselves. This is the core of our democracy.

Clinton was doing her job at the time. Why blame her for misplaced evidence?

Are you guys actually suggesting anyone who's a suspect of a horrific crime does not deserve legal representation?
Ohhh My..digging up something from over 42 years ago..because HRC defended someone accused of rape (..Geesh loueeze) Maybe look at just the past half decade on how rapists get treated..even with Forensics ( unavailable back in the olden days) of today..The female is mostly found either encouraged it..entrapped or deserved it..boy I'm going back long ago since was part of Rape Kit Gathering team following scientific proof.

But I would remise to point out..even those who Kill unborn children and blatantly abuse kids get lesser sentencing than some who stole a stick of gum or happen to posses some sort of deemed back then contraband ...

Life sure wasn't fair back then..In the age of enlightenment ..Things are changing..BUT bringing up cases from over 4 decades ago seems rather irrelevant... What was considered "Whatever's" back in those days has NOW taken on a new look..

If One wants to look back at a history of a candidate..Just maybe be fair and compare the numbers of people directly affected by their actions?? Before Trumpets want to point out those affected by Benghazi

The sooner voters focus on the candidate who appears most knowledgeable and capable of being "Stable" or "Clear thinking" or willing to listen to advisements" BEFORE any actions..kind of exaggerates Trump's liability and his likely cause to damage American's Leadership within the Global Community!! Consider the multi-thousands that Trump defrauded (Rico Cases) and as for creating jobs..He applies for Immigrant workers to fill those jobs..and not American's..WHY?? It's Obvious..Cheap Labour!! Then those same same Visa Workers flee into American society...Just who is creating many of those illegal workers?? Just a thought..

Old 08-10-2016, 04:12 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,639 times
Quote:
Oh....so that's it...because she was one of only two attorneys in the world, she decided to defend a guy who raped a 12 year old...and to the Democrats....it's okay, business as usual.

Hey, vote Hillary....she's here to protect you....tell that to the next rape victim. You vote her in, expect more of the same malaise when it comes to crime. But hey, she is just doing her job.

Right?

Christ, it's one thing for her to rape a 12 year old all over again, quite another to rape the country.
What is it with you guys and lying? She was assigned to it and she even tried to get out of it. She didn't decide to do it. It was decided for her.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:17 PM

26,471 posts, read 15,057,355 times
Quote:
SHE defended a rapist. Because that is what lawyers do.

Yeah, I'm okay with a lawyer doing their job. I wish the prosecutor in this case had done a better job. And I blame the prosecutor, because that's who botched this case.
She smeared a 12 year old that she believed was telling the truth about getting raped into a coma with unsubstantiated slander, something that lawyers are not legally suppose to do, because that is what:

(A) Feminists do?

or

(B) Witches do?

Old 08-10-2016, 04:20 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,210,591 times
Quote:
This was small-town America. Think To Kill a Mockingbird. The legal system was an old-boys-network. A defendant asks a judge for a female lawyer. The judge is wondering, "What female lawyers even work here?" The defense attorney says there's a new attorney married to an instructor at the University, she's working to put together a legal aid office, and the judge says, "Hah! That'll work."

Based on the interview it sounds like it was a messy case and there was a lot of incompetence, evidence was mishandled, the judge doesn't sound very swift, and the girl didn't have much of a chance for justice anyway. I have never heard of a defendant using a public defender being able to pick and choose their attorney. One story said he had a male attorney first and then decided he wanted a woman. That alone skews in favor of the defendant, it was a long time ago and old boys may have just favored the rights of the old boy over the little girl. Don't want to ruin the man's life, do we? Hillary was just one of the boys.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Okay. Prosecute Hillary for perjury then.
Statute of Limitations and at this point what difference does it make?

You are fine with BS from Democrats, but not Republicans....and to quote the brutally raped victim "Hillary made my life a living hell" from the false slander.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The orange maniac will never be president.
Nice deflection.

"If they win office and they are in my party it makes their BS fine by me!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections