Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 12:32 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,117,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
that has yet to be seen. for trump to have received royalties from those sales would be a violation of FEC law.
So in other words, you have no evidence of wrongdoing.

Do you understand that you have to provide evidence when you make a claim of wrongdoing.

When you have to add, if this, and if that, it means that there is not proof of wrongdoing.

Hillary will be in Reno tomorrow to give a speech. If she shoots somebody, that would be illegal. Being in Reno to give a speech is not illegal, so there is no evidence of wrongdoing.

Do you, and all the other dems on here not see the absolute absurdity of these completely unfounded claims?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 12:37 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,469,985 times
Hummmmm

SO, Trump *may* have bought a few books, but the shenanigans the Clinton's have and did pull with the Clinton foundation are nothing right?

Wait until you see what's uncovered in the next few weeks and then watch how the the democrat/Clinton controlled media reports it.

Breaking news!!!!!! Trump investigated for buying books, Hillary gets rich peddling influence, but there's nothing to see here folks, move along!!!!

Old 08-24-2016, 12:38 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,725,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
He used donor money to buy thousands of copies of his own book, at retail price, diverting money into his own pockets and artificially inflating his book sales.

P.T. Barnum is alive and well.

https://politicalwire.com/2016/08/24...-his-own-book/

Donald Trump Used Campaign Donations to Buy $55,000 of His Own Book - The Daily Beast
if this is all you got, trump is in pretty good shape.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:42 PM

26,581 posts, read 14,492,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
So in other words, you have no evidence of wrongdoing.

Do you understand that you have to provide evidence when you make a claim of wrongdoing.
all i've done is stated the facts available at this time. we know that:

A): according to the daily beast the trump campaign admits to buying the books.

B): it is a violation of FEC law for trump to receive any of the proceeds from that sale.

so now we're just waiting on word from the campaign to find out how the royalties from that sale were distributed. in the past other politicians have been able to negotiate with the FEC to have the royalties go directly to charity but, if that had been the case here, it seems like an important point the spokesperson should have addressed.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:42 PM

26,028 posts, read 22,225,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
if this is all you got, trump is in pretty good shape.
I still think it is a non-issue. Now, if I were a jealous, desperate and hopeless Hillary supporter.........

They are using what they have or think they have but don't seem to realize that it doesn't amount to squat.

Also, I thought the Hillary supporters thought that breaking rules/laws and getting away with it was a reason to vote for someone, not avoid them.

Old 08-24-2016, 02:58 PM

26,581 posts, read 14,492,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I still think it is a non-issue.
when it comes to the FEC violation i'm actually in agreement. if the publisher hasn't issued the royalties check yet ( or even if they have ) most likely trump and/or his campaign can negotiate where the royalties from those specific sales go to charity.

what i do think is important to note is that this is another case of trump surrounding himself with incompetence. for there not to have been someone on staff knowledgable of FEC regulations is ridiculous. it's also funny to hear that trump is using campaign money to artificially pump up his book.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
when it comes to the FEC violation i'm actually in agreement. if the publisher hasn't issued the royalties check yet ( or even if they have ) most likely trump and/or his campaign can negotiate where the royalties from those specific sales go to charity.

what i do think is important to note is that this is another case of trump surrounding himself with incompetence. for there not to have been someone on staff knowledgable of FEC regulations is ridiculous. it's also funny to hear that trump is using campaign money to artificially pump up his book.
What I think is important to note is that this is a completely unfounded claim.

There is absolutely no proof of any wrongdoing, so how is this incompetence?

Old 08-24-2016, 07:28 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,273,456 times
Quote:
What I think is important to note is that this is a completely unfounded claim.

There is absolutely no proof of any wrongdoing, so how is this incompetence?
Oh then I guess you will never mention the Clinton Foundation again, since there is absolutely no proof of wrongdoing?

Old 08-24-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Oh then I guess you will never mention the Clinton Foundation again, since there is absolutely no proof of wrongdoing?
Many legal experts, and law enforcement professionals disagree with you.

Old 08-24-2016, 08:00 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,273,456 times
Quote:
Many legal experts, and law enforcement professionals disagree with you.
Start citing them, then, because if law enforcement professionals agreed, she would have been charged. The reality is that smoke is often just blowing smoke, and not proof there is a fire.

Even the ridiculous AP report which claimed that as SoS Hillary met with OR spoke to 154 people over 4 years admitted there was no proof of any wrongdoing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections