Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 03:46 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
No, he will see that most Americans do NOT favor amnesty.

Why should illegals be rewarded with amnesty for breaking our immigration laws?
Except poll after poll says they do by a large margin. The only people that favor extreme immigration is a subset of the GOP. His manager wrote a white paper on this subject a few years back to support the Gang of 8s plan. She found that most Americans don't care that much about immigration policy and they support a path to citizenship for existing illegals. It's a tired game is why it should be solved. The country has been arguing about this since the 1950's and nothing has changed. It's not GOING to change. It's become a thorn in the side for the GOP though. The best thing to do is remove it from the table.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 04:11 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
No, he will see that most Americans do NOT favor amnesty.

Americans "don't care about a wall"? In what alternate universe is this occurring? Try googling and reading about people who live along the border. They want the wall and for good reason.

You must live a very sheltered life because it appears that you have not seen up close and personal the deleterious effects of illegal immigration. Many of us have seen it and yes, we want something done about it---and we don't mean amnesty.

Why should illegals be rewarded with amnesty for breaking our immigration laws?
Well, it is not occurring in the alternate right universe, but that would be the minority.

If you look at the list of issues that concerns Americans, immigration is definitely not in the top one or two--on some surveys it is 5th or 6th on the list of priorities.

It's just not happening. Pew study: Majority of Americans still oppose Trump's wall

"...Overall, 76 percent of all adults surveyed said undocumented immigrants are just as hard-working and honest as U.S. citizens, while 67 percent said they are no more likely than citizens to commit serious crimes. Another 71 percent said undocumented immigrants mostly fill jobs that U.S. citizens do not want, with similar results for all three questions along racial and ideological lines..."

Pew study: Majority of Americans still oppose Trump's wall - POLITICO

Old 08-25-2016, 04:38 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Man, this is entertaining.

She literally wrote "there’s nothing Trump can do that won’t be forgiven. Except change his immigration policies", set up a great book launch party, and - Trump went and changed his immigration policies.

So - she can defend her book or Trump, but not both. I am amused. I know, taking joy in the misfortune of others is not a nice thing. But it's Ann Coulter, and so I have no remorse.

Old 08-25-2016, 04:49 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
He won't do any. You are fooling yourself if you think he will. Trump is a weathervane. If he got into office he would see that most Americans favor amnesty, don't care about a wall, and aren't that concerned with illegal immigration. He would then do exactly what was popular.
Enough of your lies and propaganda. Most Americans do not favor amnesty and we want borders and illegals out.

Look at the polls about immigration on this forum

You're living in a fantasy land

Old 08-25-2016, 04:52 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Except poll after poll says they do by a large margin. The only people that favor extreme immigration is a subset of the GOP. His manager wrote a white paper on this subject a few years back to support the Gang of 8s plan. She found that most Americans don't care that much about immigration policy and they support a path to citizenship for existing illegals. It's a tired game is why it should be solved. The country has been arguing about this since the 1950's and nothing has changed. It's not GOING to change. It's become a thorn in the side for the GOP though. The best thing to do is remove it from the table.
Which polls? Communist news network poll of 1000 people with 80% of the people polled being Hispanic libs

Old 08-25-2016, 04:56 PM

35,073 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
She MOCKED him! On twitter! Oh, the horror!

Well, shall we stand back and watch the twitterfest ensuing from her mocking him? I bet his fingers are already burning! And, the trump followers will be along any minute to tell us how neurotic and not very bright she is, too, right?

"Coulter mocked Trump on Twitter after the Hannity interview for suggesting that it would be too hard to deport 11 million people..."

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/a...135137700.html
Trump essentially threw just about every other GOP candidate under the bus with his promised toughness on immigration. Basically is a liar and a fake.

After ruining the political careers of decent people such as Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio et. al. with false accusations of "softness on immigration, Trump has flip-flopped.

The Cruz supporters were right; the GOP primary voters and ultimately the RNC itself selected an arm-waving, eyeball-rolling populist over a solid though insufficiently exciting man of quality. Winning elections is fine; ruining people is not.

Last edited by jbgusa; 08-25-2016 at 05:07 PM..

Old 08-25-2016, 05:34 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Hon, you really need to see a doctor.
Not really. I'm enjoying the chance to give my sarcasm full flight. And, hon, thanks for the observation.

Old 08-25-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The Cruz supporters were right; the GOP primary voters and ultimately the RNC itself selected an arm-waving, eyeball-rolling populist over a solid though insufficiently exciting man of quality.
I can follow the Cruz supporters in their criticism of Donald Trump, but who is this "man of quality" to whom they refer?

Old 08-25-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Which polls?
I believe the preferred terminology in the Trump campaign these days is "SAYS WHO?"

Old 08-25-2016, 05:42 PM

35,073 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalDiscord View Post
Anyone with half a brain knew Trump was not serious about his claims.

Look, I hate Hillary beyond belief, but Trump was never a counter to her. He is part of the problem and how the idiots out there fell for him is beyond me because his positions were clear long before he ran.

This country is in a downward spin with two candidates who have the ethical and moral standards of a serial rapist.

It is so pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalDiscord View Post
No no no, it is better to believe that Cruz was a lair, a dirty liar, a liar... liar... liar, and his his wife was a ***** for GS... and that Cruz was looking to turn the US into a Christian theocracy where all must worship or be punished.. oh and his father was who killed JFK!!!

Yep... all of that is perfectly believable... but Trump being a hard core liberal leftist democrat all his life up until mysteriously 30 months before he ran, why.. that is CRAZY TALK!!!! Why.... that is a bold faced LIE!

People are stupid... they get what they deserve. /sigh
I repped the second of those posts.

I don't understand how anyone can take this man seriously. Only trouble is he does serious damage to other people, and needlessly. He reminds me of fictional characters in classic literature. In Robert Penn Warren's All the King's Men the politician (obviously a clone of Huey Long) told the protagonist "get something on him, and make it stick." The result, if I recall correctly, was a suicide attempt.

In The Great Gatsby Tom and Daisy were described as follows: "I couldn't forgive him or like him, but I saw that what he had done was, to him, entirely justified. It was all very careless and confused. They were careless people, Tom and Daisy – they smashed up things and creatures and then retreated back into their money or their vast carelessness, or whatever it was that kept them together and let other people clean up the mess they had made. I shook hands with him; it seemed silly not to, for I felt suddenly as though I were talking to a child. Then he went into the jewelry store to buy a pearl necklace — or perhaps only a pair of cuff buttons — rid of my provincial squeamishness forever."

Perhaps the adolescent in people likes unfiltered behavior. It may be appropriate in frat movies such as Animal House but not in the White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections