Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 08:51 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I haven't liked Coulter since she called my religious group "unperfected Christians." However, to call her "not very bright" would insult my alma mater, Cornell, where she attended.
I really do think she purposely say outrageous stuff to get on TV and sell books. I mean, no true right wing fascist would sleep with Jimmy Dyno-mite Walker, right?

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 08:53 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Good news! The book tour is back on. Trump has changed back to they all must go. I would make sure that the hotels and airfare for the tour are refundable though, you never know what his position will be by this evening.

Old 08-26-2016, 09:12 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,529,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I really do think she purposely say outrageous stuff to get on TV and sell books. I mean, no true right wing fascist would sleep with Jimmy Dyno-mite Walker, right?

Mick
She's a shock jock, like Rush, they have figured out a way of making a very profitable living expressing their opinions. I'm jealous. I mean, opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one except they get paid for exposing theirs.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:27 AM

1,683 posts, read 812,799 times
Quote:
Not very smart. Should've just bit her tongue for a few months. Clearly, only Trump fans would buy a lame book from a crappy author about Mr. Trump . . . . if the fans get upset, no one would purchase the POS, thereby dropping her book from the internationally esteemed Breibart.com Best Seller List.

Mick
That would be books in the fiction section.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:44 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,363,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
You know why right? She just wrote a book and started a book tour promoting Trump the 'wall guy' and now he's pandering for votes. She made a comment about it being the shortest book tour on record. Couldn't happen to a nicer author.

Donald Trump Spoils Ann Coulter's 'In Trump We Trust' Book Launch

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/...it-is-glorious
Well, Coulter has pretty much made a living pushing the white nationalist manifesto. She's found out that trying to hitch her trailer to Trump is a bad investment (like too many of Trump's business partners, vendors and political advisors have found out). But don't feel sorry for Coulter. She doesn't need Trump to sell books and her brand has been around for a long time.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:20 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Writing a book takes a lot of effort. And even more effort goes into the negotiations to get it published, and then get it marketed and publicized.

By their nature, all very topical political books have a very short shelf life, and success is always chancy at best because things can change so fast these days.

Coulter has a good track record as a writer, but over the past couple of years, her position as a speaker and a conservative pundit have slipped quite a lot, and she's getting to be old hat because she's been on the scene for so long, saying the same stuff.

She latched on to Trump very early, and was pushing him as a serious candidate long before most folks thought he was serious. Remember that for quite a long time last year, Trump was thought to be frivolous, and was just running as a lark. Few thought he would ever last past the first debate, but Coulter was always solid on him, and her book is a paean to his glory.

That he completely reversed his positions for everything she had written was bad enough; Trump made it even worse by insisting that the drop for the book was held in Bannon's home! Bannon and Coulter don't like each other, and both make no bones about it.

So, very suddenly, most of a year's heavy effort was just made irrelevant and old news just as soon as it was introduced in the very first signing. Authors live and die by their book signing tours, especially today, when far fewer books are being published and purchased than in the recent past.

I have no affection for Ann Coulter, but I can sure understand why she was so angry and upset. Very few political writers get such horrible treatment by their subjects, and Trump shot both legs off at the knees of one of his most staunch and vocal supporters.
Coulter still has influence, and is still someone who is listened to by conservatives. Even if she doesn't go after Trump, and she may, this is one more instance of his waffling around of late, and is more proof that Trump will walk all over anyone without a second's thought.

No candidate turns a gun on his loyalists first if he really wants to win an election. Those are the folks who can help him the most.

Trump knew full well when the book was coming out, and he could have held off on flippity-flopping until the book hit the stores, at least.
But it probably never even occurred to him that he was damaging himself by this action, and the book might have given him a good shot in the arm if he hadn't blown it so badly.

Now he has a speaker and journalist who's about as mad at him as a person can be, and Coulter is one who relishes revenge. She has torn into others who've crossed her in the past.

One more big mistake from a rank amateur added to the huge pile Donald has already made. Not smart with only 73 days left.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:57 PM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Not really. Obama has left the border wide open, and I don't think Trump will do that. I have no problem with amnesty for people who have been here for a long time (but they have to have been here a long time, at least ten years).

I'd be happy if all Trump does is secure the border now and slow down the refugee program.
No one is talking about the real problem, which are tourists or visitors who overstay. Very few people walk hundreds of miles through the 110 degree Sonoran Desert. Almost all fly legally into just about any international airport and simply remain here.

What is needed is a seriously beefed up Immigration and Naturalization court system, and hearings on deportation whithin weeks o being caught, not years. But that would cost real money and no, the countries supplying waves of human misery aren't going to pay.

Old 08-27-2016, 08:02 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,284,785 times
Quote:
He also "said" he will keep out all Muslims from the US (temporarily . . . right), deport 11 million illegals asap with special deportation force, limit H1B visas, etc. He has already wavered on those issues. How can anyone believe that he would enforce the law?

Mick
What has Hillary said? NOTHING! Is she even running? May be she ran out of pills to take to stay awake.

Old 08-27-2016, 11:00 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
Coulter is awesome. Everyone should and needs to read her book Adios,America.
I doubt the sales will make up for the new book. Publishing is a very expensive business, and "In Trump We Trust" suddenly became stillborn on the day it was released due to the person in the title.

That means about 500,000 copies are going straight to the bargain bin, and if they don't sell, they go back to the publisher, who will sell them to get pulped. That also means that for Ann Coulter, the advance she got on this book is the only money she will ever see from it. About 15% of what she made on the contract of "Adios, America", because she takes a very short contract for a greater percentage of the book sales.

That also means Coulter is going to have a very hard time publishing another book for quite a while. Authors who bomb this badly don't get second chances any more. The publishing business no longer is fat enough to carry a failure through a second risk the size of this one.

"In Trump We Trust" retails for $23.00.
$23.00 x 500,000 copies = $11,500,000. Figure out the numbers for yourself. She has a right to be very pissed off at Donald Trump.

Old 08-27-2016, 11:38 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
well, didn't she just have that Meg Ryan Orgasm thinking of Trump Winning? Now we know she was faking it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1HOzLlvDOw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections