Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 03:57 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
But if the candidate you support shows no evidence of any of the qualities you seem to find admirable and indicative of good character, why would you expect him to do these things?
Well what is the alternative? Voting for someone that parades illegals on stage? Wants to bring 65,000 refugees who the director of the FBI says can not be properly vetted? Vote for someone who is a demonstrated and proven liar who may have taken cash donations in exchange for political favors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 04:19 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,631,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Well what is the alternative? Voting for someone that parades illegals on stage? Wants to bring 65,000 refugees who the director of the FBI says can not be properly vetted? Vote for someone who is a demonstrated and proven liar who may have taken cash donations in exchange for political favors?
Not to be snide, but hat's not the alternative - that's an alternative. I won't vote for Hillary either, so I'm not the one to make her case for her. Personally, I'm voting for Johnson. But I can at least understand why some people would vote for her - as terrible a candidate (and human being) as she is, she is at least technically capable of understanding the responsibilities of the job and performing the basic functions. I don't believe anyone can say either of those things with a straight face about Trump. If you really feel you must choose between those two, the way I see it she is the only one a sane, intelligent voter can pick. As bad as she is, Trump is not even close to being that good a choice.

Old 09-06-2016, 04:27 PM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Not to be snide, but hat's not the alternative - that's an alternative. I won't vote for Hillary either, so I'm not the one to make her case for her. Personally, I'm voting for Johnson. But I can at least understand why some people would vote for her - as terrible a candidate (and human being) as she is, she is at least technically capable of understanding the responsibilities of the job and performing the basic functions. I don't believe anyone can say either of those things with a straight face about Trump. If you really feel you must choose between those two, the way I see it she is the only one a sane, intelligent voter can pick. As bad as she is, Trump is not even close to being that good a choice.
I admire your honesty, but one really has to think about just how competent she is. After all, after being First Lady, a Senator from New York and then the Secretary of State, she claims she didn't know the "C" in her emails stood for classified by her own testimony. That's pretty scary.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:28 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,525,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
Thanks

I hope my friends and family will follow; I hope everyone does.
I keep trying to rep your posts but it tells me I have to spread it around.
I agree with all of your posts. I am also pro choice, but hate abortion and would love to see free bc easily available, but emphasis put on building girls self esteem, and helping both sexes stand up to peer pressure.
I have a gay cousin that is truly one of the kindest, most considerate people I know. I want him, and other gay people to have the right to marry who they love. Love is never wrong between adults.
I think race should have no effect on anything. Do away with affirmative action, and instead award scholarships to people coming from backgrounds with limited financial resources, but good grades and community involvement.
Secure our borders and enforce our immigration laws. Punish businesses that hire people here illegally. Remove federal funds from sanctuary cities and charge criminally those in charge of the cities that don't enforce our laws. But on the other hand, streamline our process to allow people to be here legally.
Stop immigration from countries that have known terrorist ties, unless they can be fully vetted, and followed up with.
I think trump is a good start to getting our country back on track. Hillary is corrupt and can't be trusted. Trump is an egotistical buffoon but he can get things done. And I do think he wants the country to be great. Hillary just wants power and money, the laws be damned.

Last edited by Spottednikes; 09-07-2016 at 12:39 AM..

Old 09-07-2016, 12:48 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,693,644 times
Hillary does not have to try too hard. The evening news states she already has enough electoral college votes to have the election in the bag, popular vote be damned. Time to dump this sham electoral college, now. She can only shoot herself in the foot when she opens that obnoxious fat mouth of hers to whine about Trump.

Still, she convinces the women and men who think being the first official woman president is reason enough to vote for her. And the burger flippers and SEIU workers who honestly believe this dismissive, millionaire snob is actually "working for" them. Yeah, right. She grossed $10 million last year, about $22 million the year prior to that. Just a worker-bee lawyer, you know. Hey, the sheep need to be led. Always.

Bill will fill in for her. And HE gets to choose the interns, by golly!

Old 09-07-2016, 03:11 AM

27,149 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Lol! Yes. After almost 25 years and countless right wing hissy fits we are JUST getting to know her. Can I interest you in the purchase of the Brooklyn bridge? I'll give you a huuuuge deal.

You must be among the number that has low expectations of character.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:58 AM

107 posts, read 180,193 times
Well, it's been about 6 weeks since I first discovered the site. Clinton was at 89% the first time I checked, and now it's at 59%. It's crazy how far she's fallen in just 6 weeks... and we still have 52 days left.

Personally I find it disheartening that the race has gotten so close. To me, I just see a ton of online bullies demonizing Clinton every chance they can take, and Trump being one of the biggest bullies himself. I've always despised bullies so the fact that he's making a race of this election is depressing. At this point, it could go either way. Time will tell but I'm not feeling optimistic.

Old 09-16-2016, 04:04 PM

817 posts, read 753,390 times
Hillary is going to lose

Old 09-16-2016, 05:59 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
The problem with Democrats this cycle is going to be getting enough energy to get out of the house to pull a lever for a known crook.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:16 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butler15 View Post
Well, it's been about 6 weeks since I first discovered the site. Clinton was at 89% the first time I checked, and now it's at 59%. It's crazy how far she's fallen in just 6 weeks... and we still have 52 days left.

She is super at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, just like 2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections