Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 01:45 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
Why do you feel the need to insult people based on their political beliefs?
Sorry I don't want to vote for a criminal.

I don't deserve to called an Alt-Right or KKK member for it. I am a kind, accepting, highly educated individual and your name calling is childish and rude.
You know, every homophobic bigot I've ever come across think of himself as "kind" and "accepting".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 01:46 PM

1,043 posts, read 899,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
You know, every homophobic bigot I've ever come across think of himself as "kind" and "accepting".

Since I'm gay and married to a man can I still be called a homophobic bigot? Just curious

Old 09-06-2016, 01:48 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
First of all you are insinuating that anybody supporting Trumps is racist, or the "Duck Dynasty crowd", which I can assume you mean that as a disparaging remark.
For crying out loud, I'm not "insinuating" anything. The Duck Dynasty guy spoke at the Republican convention. The KKK is openly supporting Trump.

Quote:
Second, there are no "charges" against Trump.
"Federal District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel has ruled that Donald J. Trump, founder of Trump University, must face civil trial for fraud and racketeering under the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (“RICO”). "

"Judge Curiel ruled that there were genuine issues of material fact for trial as to whether Trump had personally committed fraud and racketeering. If Trump loses, he is liable for three times the damages suffered by the students who paid tuition. That is the bite of the RICO statute — triple damages. This could amount to many tens of millions of dollars."

Judge Curiel Rules Trump Must Face Trial for Racketeering in Trump University Suit

For a "highly educated" individual, you woefully lacking in accurate information.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:52 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,941,358 times
LOL at petty attempts at division. I hear Nazis liked strawberry ice cream....if you like strawberry ice cream...well...

Old 09-06-2016, 01:54 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,100,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
For crying out loud, I'm not "insinuating" anything. The Duck Dynasty guy spoke at the Republican convention. The KKK is openly supporting Trump.

"Federal District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel has ruled that Donald J. Trump, founder of Trump University, must face civil trial for fraud and racketeering under the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (“RICO”). "

"Judge Curiel ruled that there were genuine issues of material fact for trial as to whether Trump had personally committed fraud and racketeering. If Trump loses, he is liable for three times the damages suffered by the students who paid tuition. That is the bite of the RICO statute — triple damages. This could amount to many tens of millions of dollars."

Judge Curiel Rules Trump Must Face Trial for Racketeering in Trump University Suit

For a "highly educated" person, you woefully lacking in accurate information.
The KKK have endorsed Hillary Clinton, or did you miss that?

There are no charges against Trump.

Do you not understand that there are no charges in a civil matter?

Old 09-06-2016, 01:55 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,941,358 times
Quote:
The KKK have endorsed Hillary Clinton, or did you miss that?

There are no charges against Trump.

Do you know understand that there are no charges in a civil matter?
Support Hillary = you're down with the KKK?

Old 09-06-2016, 01:56 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I've noticed the same thing.

They usually start out with, "I'm no bigot, but..."

Why would anyone who identifies as LGBTQ support a Republican? That doesn't make any sense.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:59 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,631,916 times
Quote:
Why do you feel the need to insult people based on their political beliefs?
Sorry I don't want to vote for a criminal.

I don't deserve to called an Alt-Right or KKK member for it. I am a kind, accepting, highly educated individual and your name calling is childish and rude.
Well-said, but it begs the question - why would you support a candidate who represents none of those qualities?

It's not about Clinton, it's about Trump. I understand why you don't want to vote for Clinton. But if those are your values, why would you vote for Trump?

Old 09-06-2016, 02:30 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,056,243 times
Quote:
Since I'm gay and married to a man can I still be called a homophobic bigot? Just curious
(Obama mic drop gif)

Old 09-06-2016, 02:31 PM

1,043 posts, read 899,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Well-said, but it begs the question - why would you support a candidate who represents none of those qualities?

It's not about Clinton, it's about Trump. I understand why you don't want to vote for Clinton. But if those are your values, why would you vote for Trump?
Because,

I want to make our middle class grow again.

I want to stop the TPP.

I want to secure our borders.

I want to be a proud and powerful country again.

I don't pick a candidate because they pander to one small part of who I am and what I stand for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections