Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2016, 04:41 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
By low information, they just mean stupid.

There is no shortage of stupid people in this world.

Euphemisms. I'm tired of them.
No they don't mean stupid, they mean just what it says, stop putting meanings to words and taking things as a personal attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Low information voters = democrats

i know PHYSICIANS who are Hillary supporters who have never heard of Saul Alinksy, George Soros, Doug Band, and John Wong. They have no idea what "Glass-Steagle (sp for all of you libs)" is and why it was started.

I tell them that if they are educated, yet that stupid, how in the world can we expect the average citizen to understand anything about politics, the views of each platform, and the formative history of the Clintons?

The nation is full of idiots. Unfortunately, many of those idiots vote, therefore Hillary will probably be the next POTUS.
I'm sorry, but being a low information voter, doesn't mean your stupid, it means that you don't make the time to inform yourself...or be part of a very important process in the U.S.

we as American's have become very lazy....we have allowed government to take over
We have trusted them to do their jobs which they have not...

Old 08-29-2016, 04:47 AM

yanno, I really wish voters, would stop acting like children, calling each other names, grow up and discuss issues instead of acting out like 3rd graders...
this topic was meant to have a serious discussion...
not to be taken like a personal attack...not to call each other stupid names...

I swear if you want to talk about stupid Americans, we should all take a good hard long look in the mirror....

I cannot believe most of you are grown adults....and if this be the case, no wonder our kids are bullies and misinformed....

this is disgusting and you all should be embarrassed.....I see people coming into threads, not to have a productive conversation, but to deliberately call each other names...or to put down someone b/c they take the accusation personal or use power words that were not even used....

pathetic....

Old 08-29-2016, 04:58 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,739,460 times
For those of us who tune out during the election cycle, we greatly reduce our stress. That doesn't mean we are low information. It means we aren't wasting our time on machine politics. The candidate debates say all needs to hear.

I know enough about these 2 to already have my vote: none of the above.

I used to be a news junky. But this whole low information thing is rather silly.

Old 08-29-2016, 05:00 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,739,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yanno, I really wish voters, would stop acting like children, calling each other names, grow up and discuss issues instead of acting out like 3rd graders...
this topic was meant to have a serious discussion...
not to be taken like a personal attack...not to call each other stupid names...

I swear if you want to talk about stupid Americans, we should all take a good hard long look in the mirror....

I cannot believe most of you are grown adults....and if this be the case, no wonder our kids are bullies and misinformed....

this is disgusting and you all should be embarrassed.....I see people coming into threads, not to have a productive conversation, but to deliberately call each other names...or to put down someone b/c they take the accusation personal or use power words that were not even used....

pathetic....
I'm pretty sure you and I have different ideolies, but this one hell of a good point. Another reason why I tune out till the end.

2 thumbs up and a gold star

Old 08-29-2016, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
I'm pretty sure you and I have different ideolies, but this one hell of a good point. Another reason why I tune out till the end.

2 thumbs up and a gold star
it is pathetic what we've allowed our government to do and get away with....

Many years ago, my foster father was angry, and I don't know why, I was a little kid, but I asked him what was wrong, and he started rolling off the following....

"Way to many Americans are lazy and want the government to do their thinking for them, and it won't be long until the government has way too much power and will start taking our freedoms away....

yes, Stymie we do have different ideolies, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss it like grown adults....
does it?

I am so sick of going into threads or creating threads and have people come in and call each other names or leave non productive posts that mock the other side...is it any wonder our country is in the position it is in...this used to be one great country....no more....

thank you for your post...

Old 08-29-2016, 05:27 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
Hey there, I live in New Jersey where people vote for the most asinine reasons. Why else would we keep electing Lautenberg until he died? Just look at the NJ career politicians. I wouldn't buy a used car from any of them, let alone trust them with state finances, laws, administration...but here we are.

It is all about the free turkeys, promises, and feel good legislation.

Our union rep told us to vote for Hillary.

That was followed by an audible gasp from the members.

Old 08-29-2016, 05:33 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
The new immigrants know more about our government than a majority of our voters, most resident citizens would not be able to pass the test.

Global IQ Test with some really softball questions but less than 50% on 4 questions

The News IQ Quiz | Pew Research Center

Old 08-29-2016, 06:51 AM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Wait a minute. What are you talking about here? We spent YEARS in Iraq in the 00s. YEARS. And in a few weeks' time, ISIS ran through Iraq and pretty much undid everything that had been done.
My head is really hurting, trying to follow this orgy of circular reasoning.

Keep one thing in mind .... there isn't a dimes worth of difference between Bush-Obama-Clinton. The ONLY distinction I can find is the pace of destructiveness .... with Obama doubling down on what Bush was able to break.

I suspect that pattern to remain in place if we allow Clinton to take residence anywhere other than a federal prison.

Benghazi was just a dress rehearsal for what a Clinton administration would represent.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:02 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
My head is really hurting, trying to follow this orgy of circular reasoning.

Keep one thing in mind .... there isn't a dimes worth of difference between Bush-Obama-Clinton. The ONLY distinction I can find is the pace of destructiveness .... with Obama doubling down on what Bush was able to break.

I suspect that pattern to remain in place if we allow Clinton to take residence anywhere other than a federal prison.

Benghazi was just a dress rehearsal for what a Clinton administration would represent.
Take something for your head.

But if you're going to make a claim about fighting terrorism by doing just what we've done before in the Middle East, please provide an example of our great success. Because I missed it. Yes, I know it wasn't you personally who said that, but feel free to bolster your bud's statement since she hasn't bothered to reply but you did.

I don't disagree that our past and current leaders are all the same person with a different head, although I don't assign the level of evil to them that you do. They are all put in place by the same people.

I am voting none of the above. Trump's a nice guy by all accounts of people I know who have met him in business and nothing like the showman he's playing on TV right now. I spoke to him once on the phone, and I've met his daughter via business. SHE should run. But he will have no more say in what happens than anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections