Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How uncomfortable is Hillary about the face-to-face ?
Stage 5 Metaphysical Terror 15 13.89%
Stage 4 Crippling Insecurity 16 14.81%
Stage 3 Lingering Fear 12 11.11%
Stage 2 Managable Nervousness 12 11.11%
Stage 1 Total Confidence 53 49.07%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 09:20 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
Listen, I hear you. It is sad what happens and I have family members who have served as well who have mental disabilities as a result. I'm sure both candidates want vets to get good care, but you can't ask someone how they will prevent suicides without it being a loaded and unanswerable question.
Not easy as they must endure terrible things, but more medical help can reduce the numbers. -

Old 09-07-2016, 09:31 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Sexual assault. Hold my General Officers accountable to zero tolerance for sexual assault and full prosecution under UCMJ.
It's really worse than that:

"Trump began by saying that it’s a “massive problem” and that “we’re going to have to come down very, very hard on that.” “The best thing we can do is set up a court system within the military,” he said. “Right now the court system practically doesn’t exist.”

My husband, an ex Marine looked at me and said "he didn't really just say that, did he?"

Old 09-07-2016, 09:50 PM

25,573 posts, read 56,497,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It's really worse than that:

"Trump began by saying that it’s a “massive problem” and that “we’re going to have to come down very, very hard on that.” “The best thing we can do is set up a court system within the military,” he said. “Right now the court system practically doesn’t exist.”

My husband, an ex Marine looked at me and said "he didn't really just say that, did he?"
You better explain that to those not familiar with the "practically nonexistent military court system." They might actually believe their idol just said something really smart.

And, Trump keeps falling further and further into the rabbit hole abyss.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:52 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,175,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Really? She knew Saddam had WMD? Remember she agree and supported Bush W on the Gulf war that found nothing. I think the only thing Hillary knows is to side along the popular belief regardless right or wrong. How can we have a leader who make decisions without facts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwWA2ehTOrk

Watch this old video of Hillary giving a speech about Iraq and WMD.

Trump openly chastised the fake war during that time.
Saddam did have WMD at one time. Remember, he used them on his own people (gas and other chemical weapons).

Old 09-07-2016, 09:53 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,537,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That's what DH & I did throughout the entire Trump segment. It was just one WTF moment after another.
The Clinton campaign could run the interview as one long campaign ad.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:57 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,769,893 times
Trump did great even though Matt Lauer is biased. I thought Hilary was on the verge of seizing.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:59 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Really? She knew Saddam had WMD? Remember she agree and supported Bush W on the Gulf war that found nothing. I think the only thing Hillary knows is to side along the popular belief regardless right or wrong. How can we have a leader who make decisions without facts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwWA2ehTOrk

Watch this old video of Hillary giving a speech about Iraq and WMD.

Trump openly chastised the fake war during that time.
Trump has flat out lied about his position on the War in Iraq. He was in favor of the war during the run up to the war, in fact said so on Howard Stern in September 2002, right around the time of the vote on the Authorization to use force.

They were both flat out wrong on Iraq, she has admitted she was wrong, he hasn't and has just lied about his previous position on the War in Iraq.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
You better explain that to those not familiar with the "practically nonexistent military court system." They might actually believe their idol just said something really smart.

And, Trump keeps falling further and further into the rabbit hole abyss.
You are probably right:

"Once you enlist in the military, you become subject immediately to the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ). The Code was created by Congress after World War II to address the need for a standardized, fair system of criminal justice for all branches of the military. (Before the UCMJ was enacted, soldiers were subject to the Articles of War, which could be arbitrary and unfair.)

The Uniform Code of Military Justice provides specific definitions of crimes and explains the discipline that can carried out for violations of crimes. Importantly, it provides procedural protections for service members, such as appeals for courts-martial convictions.

The UCMJ Criminal Code contains the same types of crimes as civilian law, such as robbery, assault, and murder. In addition, it contains military-specific offenses such as AWOL and insubordination.

The UCMJ gives the President the authority to create rules for the implementation of the Code. These rules are called the Manual for Courts-Martial (MCM)."

How the Military Justice System Works | Nolo.com

Old 09-07-2016, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
That's what DH & I did throughout the entire Trump segment. It was just one WTF moment after another.
The Clinton campaign could run the interview as one long campaign ad.
lol very true

Old 09-07-2016, 10:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Like the people on this thread has done. I am astounded at some of the posts here. Most of you sound really desperate. Do you think a couple of debates are going to erase Hillary's "extreme carelessness" behavior? I didn't say it. The FBI did.

We do not expect a private citizen to know the same details, as someone in the establishment ruling class for 40 years. Trump 1, Hillary 0. She had nowhere to go... But down. Same for the debates that are about to happen. She is going to over sell it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections