Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How uncomfortable is Hillary about the face-to-face ?
Stage 5 Metaphysical Terror 15 13.89%
Stage 4 Crippling Insecurity 16 14.81%
Stage 3 Lingering Fear 12 11.11%
Stage 2 Managable Nervousness 12 11.11%
Stage 1 Total Confidence 53 49.07%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 08:58 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,707,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Trump isn't ready for prime time yet. What another lost election for the GOP. Hell, even Jim Gilmore would be beating Hillary at this point.

Anyone else catch the military audience shaking their heads in disgust when Trump made up another phony stat?
The veterans in the audience seemed shocked by many of the things he said. They were especially rolling their eyes during this whole exchange...

Quote:
LAUER: So let me read some of the things you’ve said. “I know more about ISIS than the generals do. Believe me.” Was that the truth?

TRUMP: Well, the generals under Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton have not been successful. ISIS…

LAUER: Do you know more about ISIS than they do?

TRUMP: I think under the leadership of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, the generals have been reduced to rubble. They have been reduced to a point where it’s embarrassing for our country. You have a force of 30,000 or so people. Nobody really knows. But probably 30,000 people. And I can just see the great — as an example- General George Patton spinning in his grave as ISIS we can’t beat. We had the greatest…

LAUER: Yeah, you’ve said if we had MacArthur today or if we had Patton today, we would not have ISIS, that the rise of these military commanders that we have today, they come up the chain of command, and by the time they get to the top, they’re too politically correct. And we know that’s not a compliment coming from you. Have you lost faith in the military commanders?

TRUMP: I have great faith in the military. I have great faith in certain of the commanders, certainly. But I have no faith in Hillary Clinton or the leadership. You look at what’s happened. And, you know, when she comes in and starts saying, oh, I would have done this, I would have — she’s been there for 30 years. I mean, we need change, Matt. We have to have it, and we have to have it fast.
He came off completely clueless about how foreign policy and the military actually operate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Most of Obama's cabinet was full of his flunkies- Eric Holder comes to mind - but again - the left think Obama is just perfect and does everything right!
Can you name a cabinet that wasn't full of flunkies? If Trump wins, he will fill his cabinet with his flunkies, same for Hillary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Anyone notice she sounded pretty sedated? She was talking slowly and not enunciating words. Listening to her, she actually sounds a little drunk.
I thought she sounded extremely lucid and made her points extremely clear, even when discussing details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
She may have been stilted because she was getting fed her answers through an ear piece. Seeing the earpiece pics this morning and listening to snippets of her answers again, it definitely seems possible.
There was no earpiece. That's just the latest conspiracy theory to be cooked up in the bowels of the extreme right wing internet.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:59 AM

21,154 posts, read 19,736,448 times
He did about as good as can be expected. The real difference was in the candidates. Trump came across as a reasonable, thoughtful leader. He listened attentively to the questions and answered respectfully. Showed a willingness and ability to adapt to the situation. Hillary came across as a condescending b-tch, giving long monologues, talking down to people, standing up on several occasions when sitting would have been much more appropriate, talking over Matt Laued on several occasions, repeating the same lies over-and-over as if the voters are too stupid to notice.

To Chance and Change, Hillary did send classified information in emails. FBI Comey said so. She even admitted what she did was wrong. I don't think she would have done that if she really believed she didn't send classified info. She would be saying "I won't apologize because I didn't do anything wrong."

Old 09-08-2016, 09:00 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Both candidates were told not to engage in personal attacks. Lauer was quick to admonish Clinton when she did it but didn't warn Trump once, even though he repeatedly attacked Clinton and Obama.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:00 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,769,893 times
I thought he was easy on Hilary. I didn't know Hilary didn't do well until this morning when Hilary held a conference to reset after last night.
Why isn't Hilary poll a lot higher than she is right now against Trump that must be the clue.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:01 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
She may have been stilted because she was getting fed her answers through an ear piece. Seeing the earpiece pics this morning and listening to snippets of her answers again, it definitely seems possible.
Yea I didn't notice the ear piece until I saw the still pictures.

She spoke with a halting speech as well as disjointed and I think people are upset because it's the job of the press to make Hillary look good and she didn't.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:02 AM

1,043 posts, read 899,929 times
Hilarious.

What are they mad about? That he actually brought up her deleted emails and mishandling of classified documents? Something that should have been discussed and reported on way more than it was.

And I picked up on a lot of hostility from him towards Trump - I guess the mainstream media wanted it even more one-sided than it already was because well, that's what they're used to.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:05 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy6879 View Post
This was talked about all week long on the morning news shows. Local (at least local to me) and nationally on the Today Show.
I heard about it on my local news as well.
Didn't watch it though. The tennis was much more compelling.

I did, however, see some quotes this morning.
If the following is any indication of the "quality" of the answers, glad I didn't watch.

"Trump: No. But when I do come up with a plan that I like and that perhaps agrees with mine, or maybe doesn’t – I may love what the generals come back with. I will convene … I have a plan. But I want to be – I don’t want to – look. I have a very substantial chance of winning. Make America great again. We’re going to make America great again. I have a substantial chance of winning. If I win, I don’t want to broadcast to the enemy exactly what my plan is."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...rum-key-quotes

Old 09-08-2016, 09:06 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,938 times
She has been part of a government system that is failing the American people and is on the defense in regards to her role in the government failures.

It's the job of the press to make Hillary look good, and they did not do their job last night.

I hope things continue this way because it has been awfully one-sided when it comes to holding candidates accountable.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:06 AM

1,043 posts, read 899,929 times
Huh? Mainstream media saying the forum was a Trump victory.

That's some nice news to wake up to.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:07 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,707,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Lefty sure have their pantys in a wad this morning. Something must be right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
They do, don't they? Liberals betrayed as their princess was grilled by one of their own. The outrage is wonderful.
Yep and the right wing knuckle draggers took another hit off of their meth pipes and started seeing earpieces...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Clinton said there are two e-mails systems, one classified and the other unclassified; this is the first time I have heard about this and for me it put it all into perspective. I realized at that moment that the whole e-mail scandal has been overblown and exaggerated. When she set up the private server it was for routine, unclassified mail only. Not a wise protocol to follow and a mistake, yes, but it is a not as serious as her opponents make it out to be. It also makes sense why the FBI didn't file charges: the classified server mail stayed in its secure locations(s) and was never routed to her private system.

The e-mail scandal, like Benghazi, are mostly partisan smear campaigns.
YES...even more than that what she did was the same as was done by both Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice as has been discovered in the new email releases...

Hillary Clinton's emails with Colin Powell released - CNNPolitics.com

Quote:
"What I did do was have a personal computer that was hooked up to a private phone line (sounds ancient). So I could communicate with a wide range of friends directly without it going through the State Department on their personal email accounts. I did the same thing on the road in hotels," Powell wrote.

In February, the State Department inspector general released a memo after its own review of private email practices by others, reporting it found two emails on Powell's private email and some on accounts of aides to former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice that included classified information.

The FBI's report on Clinton's email use includes information about Powell's warning to Clinton that using a government email meant her messages would become public.
The real issue with the email is the State Departments lack of sophistication with how to handle them. Both Powell and Rice used private email for non-DoS communications in order to avoid those exchanges becoming part of the official public record. Both had also had classified information sent to their private email addresses.

The entire email "scandal" is much ado about nothing. Same as Benghazi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections