Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2016, 07:37 PM

31 posts, read 17,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Nobody is saying that he is winning yet, but his surge in the polls should be alarming for Clinton and her supporters.
I'll say it - he may very well BE winning. The actual poll numbers are not so important as the trendline, and the trendline has been clearly breaking in his direction for almost a week. A week ago i was certain it was over, and might actually be a 320+ EC landlside - and now it may still possibly be that, but if i had to bet, I might bet on Trump at the moment. Friday's poll numbers will predict the winner, IMO. and right now I would rather be Mr. Trump than Ms. Clinton, because if he keeps trending through Friday, I don't believe Ms. Clinton will be able to swing it back far enough toward her by Tuesday.

Old 11-02-2016, 07:41 PM

27,657 posts, read 16,147,064 times
The polls are BS... alla sudden its a tight race... all year we are told hilLIARy winning big.. the fbi thing didnt make that kinda dent.. The Polls have been skewed and are correcting themselves so as not to look so obvious after election

Old 11-02-2016, 07:44 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,943,335 times
Trafalgar Group

North Carolina

Trump 49%
Clinton 44%

Colorado

Trump 39%
Clinton 39%

538 now-cast now has Trump at 34.5%. Up, up and away!

Old 11-02-2016, 07:45 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,690,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
We've been told that Trump had no chance for nearly 2 years...because of the polls. Now all of a sudden at the end the polls start shifting back toward Trump. Funny. The polls people are now cornered - they have to admit Trump is in the game or fall back on some version of "the polls are off/rigged" which they accused others of saying for 2 years.
TV and newspapers have been slanted against Trump since day one.

ABC came out and admitted that they were massaging their polls to favor minorities.

CNN is the most biased piece of propaganda I've ever seen. They are very clever at always putting Trump on the defensive. They'll turn a big "so what" into a "contentious issue" then have a group of panelists debating the whole thing. A prime example was Trump saying that he won't accept the election results until he sees what happens afterwards. EVERY CANDIDATE does that in close elections (Al Gore)! But from watching CNN you'd think the sky was falling.

Just about every newspaper is biased against Trump.

Yahoo is as Liberal is it gets. Black church gets vandalized and it's front and center news. Republican headquarters gets vandalized and it gets buried as a side story if even reported at all. Black homeless woman gets roughed up for defending Trump in Hollywood and Yahoo doesn't even cover it.

Old 11-02-2016, 07:53 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,690,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
The polls are BS... alla sudden its a tight race... all year we are told hilLIARy winning big.. the fbi thing didnt make that kinda dent.. The Polls have been skewed and are correcting themselves so as not to look so obvious after election
And watch what happens if Trump wins. The Liberal PC media and democrats will blame it on that FBI guy, claiming that it's "rigged". Never mind that Hillary has the TV and news media in her back packet the whole way, never mind that she paid agitators $1,500 to disrupt Trump rallies, never mind that she's on the wrong side of so many issues, etc. Hillary has been saying "How dare Trump say that the election is rigged". She will be the one crying foul and looking like a hypocrite.

Old 11-02-2016, 07:54 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnBear View Post
I'll say it - he may very well BE winning. The actual poll numbers are not so important as the trendline, and the trendline has been clearly breaking in his direction for almost a week. A week ago i was certain it was over, and might actually be a 320+ EC landlside - and now it may still possibly be that, but if i had to bet, I might bet on Trump at the moment. Friday's poll numbers will predict the winner, IMO. and right now I would rather be Mr. Trump than Ms. Clinton, because if he keeps trending through Friday, I don't believe Ms. Clinton will be able to swing it back far enough toward her by Tuesday.

I agree. My hunch is if on 538 DT passes 40% on any index, he will win POTUS with at minimum one state to spare. Momentum is huge, and his the last ten days has surpassed elections going back to Reagan.

Old 11-02-2016, 07:56 PM

538 now-cast has Trump...

50%+ in the following:

- Florida
- Nevada
- North Carolina

60%+ in the following:

- Ohio

70%+ in the following:

- Arizona
- Iowa
- Utah

80%+ in the following:

- Georgia

Old 11-02-2016, 07:56 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
Quote:
We've been told that Trump had no chance for nearly 2 years...because of the polls. Now all of a sudden at the end the polls start shifting back toward Trump. Funny. The polls people are now cornered - they have to admit Trump is in the game or fall back on some version of "the polls are off/rigged" which they accused others of saying for 2 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Nobody is saying that he is winning yet, but his surge in the polls should be alarming for Clinton and her supporters.
It's a temporary, knee jerk reaction to MSM's non-stop coverage of Comey's nothing letter. Most of these polls cover periods immediately after the release of that letter.

The polls will settle back to where they were. I think the last "surprise" is that, as hinted before, FBI/DOJ will finish shifting through the emails and announce that they are all duplicates and/or any newly reviewed emails have no classified information. I am thinking Friday.

Mick

Old 11-02-2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
It's a temporary, knee jerk reaction to MSM's non-stop coverage of Comey's nothing letter. Most of these polls cover periods immediately after the release of that letter.

The polls will settle back to where they were. I think the last "surprise" is that, as hinted before, FBI/DOJ will finish shifting through the emails and announce that they are all duplicates and/or any newly reviewed emails have no classified information. I am thinking Friday.

Mick
I don't know - check out the trend lines. We've been here before (late July and late September) and each time Hillary's line and Trump's line meet in the middle. For Hillary, this is the worst possible time for that to be happening again.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:17 PM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Trafalgar Group

North Carolina

Trump 49%
Clinton 44%

Colorado

Trump 39%
Clinton 39%

538 now-cast now has Trump at 34.5%. Up, up and away!
There are now 2 poll pictures.
1. Trump has pulled even nationally
2. Hillary has it locked up (according to the polls) on the battleground map

If #1 is correct, then Trump has the edge because he is going to win more states. Dummy Liberals that don't understand why, just read Nate Silver's analysis where after he crunches the numbers, there is only a 0.3% chance Hillary loses the popular vote and wins the election. Trump has a 9.3% probability of losing the popular vote but winning the election (EC).

If #2 is correct and Hillary locks up the election in a decisive way, then Hillary would have to win the popular vote by a significant margin.

So either scenario 1 is correct and we are likely going to see Trump win. Or #2 is correct and Hillary will be President until she is thrown in jail.

I thought of scenario #3 which your post is alluding to....the state polls are following behind the national polls and they will fall in line on election day and we will have a Trump Presidency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections