Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2016, 03:10 PM

21,992 posts, read 15,782,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
You're replying to one poster, yet generalizing an entire segment of the population.
Trump supporters are all pretty much the same. So when the same sort of rhetoric is used against Trump, his latest wife and Trump's assorted children, just remember comments like above and realize it wasn't a problem when Trump supporters were saying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Donald Trump is not Jewish, so that would be a pretty inaccurate name to call him.
And President Obama is not Muslim. So calling him a perverted mullah is no different than calling Trump a perverted Jew. One would think that would be completely unacceptable but Trump supporters will defend it which is exactly what we are seeing here. Just don't act shocked when the same level of rhetoric is used against Trump, his latest wife and his assorted children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 03:14 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,905,476 times
Default Trump the Unthinkable!

Trump is starting to connect with the outreach. Obama studies the polls too and is outrage Black Americans can think for themselves and want a better life. Democrats have been power too long and are drunk with personal intentions for power!
Leave to the ultimate outsider to shake the tree!

Old 09-18-2016, 03:25 PM

8,668 posts, read 10,216,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump supporters are all pretty much the same. So when the same sort of rhetoric is used against Trump, his latest wife and Trump's assorted children, just remember comments like above and realize it wasn't a problem when Trump supporters were saying it.

Of course there are good and bad apples associated with both candidates, but the same rhetoric has already been used ad nauseam towards Trump and his family. Have you established a relationship with each and every Trump supporter to make such a bold declaration? Stop being so hypocritical and simple-minded.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Of course there are good and bad apples associated with both candidates, but the same rhetoric has already been used ad nauseam towards Trump and his family. Have you established a relationship with each and every Trump supporter to make such a bold declaration? Stop being so hypocritical and simple-minded.
Trump supporters are already defending the comment. Don't try to say the rhetoric doesn't apply to all when that is clearly not the case. When a Trump supporter called President Obama a "perverted mullah" and Trump supporters rush to defend it, that is not one bad apple. That is the nature of Trump supporters, where they defend white supremacist retweets, etc. Trump supporters may as well own it because that's what the public thinks of them.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:36 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,905,476 times
Default Community Outreach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump supporters are already defending the comment. Don't try to say the rhetoric doesn't apply to all when that is clearly not the case. When a Trump supporter called President Obama a "perverted mullah" and Trump supporters rush to defend it, that is not one bad apple. That is the nature of Trump supporters, where they defend white supremacist retweets, etc. Trump supporters may as well own it because that's what the public thinks of them.
I do not know where you got that name, however no one is defending the point. We as Trump supporter celebrate out reach and the successful America. White Supremacist , not exactly. If anything I do believe Dems and the BLM are racist and approve of violence on our streets.

The Kicker is you guys are not even connecting with the problem to make our streets and Cities ore safe.

Trump is making a impact and you guys do not like it!

Old 09-18-2016, 03:37 PM

45,849 posts, read 27,483,470 times
Many black people had high hopes for Obama and their personal situations when he took office. After eight years, many of us are probably insulted that more wasn't done for them. I never expected much from him.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:42 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,353,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Many black people had high hopes for Obama and their personal situations when he took office. After eight years, many of us are probably insulted that more wasn't done for them. I never expected much from him.
As I see it, politicians can't do things for XYZ group. That's one (of many) reasons I hate identity politics. When people talk about why XYZ group should or shouldn't support XYZ candidate, it doesn't make much sense to me as Congress and POTUS implement laws for the entire country.

I'd argue that Obama was bad for blacks because he was bad for the country and, as such, black people were negatively affected just like those of us who aren't black. I don't think he targeted them not do I think he could have done much to help them in a targeted manner.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:44 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,719,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You're delusional if you really believe that.
Could it be because the poster still believes that obama isn't really a citizen? With that absurd belief, all votes for obama would have been illegal. Twice.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
I do not know where you got that name, however no one is defending the point. We as Trump supporter celebrate out reach and the successful America. White Supremacist , not exactly.
If you look, I quoted a Trump supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
The man is such a perverted mullah.
Trump has retweeted white supremacist comments endlessly. We've seen right wingers call President Obama a Kenyan witch doctor, a chimpanzee, postcards of watermelons growing on the White House lawn and now a perverted mullah. And when I asked if that is actually okay, Trump supporters defended it.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:54 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,719,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Obama says he's a Christian. I'm Agnostic, so I may be wrong about this, but aren't Christians not supposed to judge people? Aren't they supposed to leave that up to 'God'? I agree that he is worried about his legacy but, as a Christian, why does he care about how historians (who obviously aren't God) will judge him ?

Yep.
trump says he's a Christian. ... but aren't Christians not supposed to judge people? aren't Christians not supposed to make fun of disabled people? aren't Christians not supposed to cheat their subcontractors? aren't Christians not supposed to cheat on their wives? aren't Christians not supposed to commit fraud and racketeering? aren't Christians not supposed to bribe politicians?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections