Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2016, 10:52 AM

20,125 posts, read 16,147,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
#1 Racist President ever. Obama has kicked the American people back 60 years in race relations
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama said Saturday night he will take it as a "personal insult" if the African-American community fails to turn out for the presidential election and encouraged black voters to support Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.

Obama says it's a 'personal insult' if black voters don't back Clinton | Fox News
Consider the insult hurled, then, sir. I owe you nothing.

Old 09-18-2016, 11:01 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,942,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
You don't seem to read very well. Read it again and maybe you will see that he didn't mention any names.
Let me be implicitly clear: a certain PGA wannabe was most definitely begging for votes for a certain bimbo-chaser's wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 11:07 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,527,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What a complete and utter tw*t. "All of you blacks better think like me. Don't you DARE have any thoughts or opinions of your own!"

He essentially called every black person NOT voting for that pneumonia germ spreading hag a bunch of sell outs. Who needs whitey to "keep the black man down" (as it is always accused) when people like Obama do it all on their own.
Perhaps you need to reread. When did he say who to vote for?

Old 09-18-2016, 11:09 AM

33,327 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
We know how good Trump is at judging people.
Irrelevant and pointless. I'm not a Trump supporter. Everything isn't 'US vs. THEM'.

Quote:
Who was Obama judging?
What? My point is that (unless I am wrong about Christians believing that only God is supposed to judge people), by saying that he is a Christian and caring about his legacy/how historians (who are people, not god) judge him he either:

A. Is a hypocrite

or

B. Only says he is a Christian, and sat in pews at a 'Christian' church for 20 years because it was politically expedient (could actually be Atheist, Agnostic, Buddhist, Muslim, Taoist...lots of other things)

Old 09-18-2016, 11:12 AM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,970 times
Default "Caesar Has Spoken" Y'ALL! ... Beyond A Miserable Disappointment for the American People !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
He'll get over it with a nice pension and never having to work again the rest of his life.

Shame our first Black President wasn't more qualified to hold the job and actually work to get things done.
This is a prime example of the unfortunate "Liberal Democrat" mindset : no personal choice or opportunity to think for yourself! ... as HO stated ... you better vote like this or it will be a personal insult to me if you don't !!! ... It appears as of now that the "Basket Of Deplorables" contains not only white folks but black folks also !!!............. How utterly pitiful the HRC candidacy has become !

Unfortunate ... disappointing ... arrogance and ineptitude ... embarrassing at home and around the globe ... What ever happened to the once "Proud Democratic Party" I knew in the early 1960's?

What a disaster ! ... Old Sgt. Lamar Says So !!! ...

Old 09-18-2016, 11:56 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,502,931 times
Quote:
You're right, he never said Vote for Clinton. He said this:

"In fact, if you want to give Michelle and me a good sendoff ... get people registered to vote. If you care about our legacy, realize everything we stand for is at stake. All the progress we've made is at stake in this election. My name may not be on the ballot, but our progress is on the ballot. Tolerance is on the ballot. Democracy is on the ballot. (Applause.) Justice is on the ballot. Good schools are on the ballot. Ending mass incarceration -- that's on the ballot right now!

And there is one candidate who will advance those things. And there’s another candidate whose defining principle, the central theme of his candidacy is opposition to all that we've done."

Does that leave you about which candidate he's telling them the African-American community should vote for and why he'd be insulted if there's not a big turnout for the mystery candidate ?

Old 09-18-2016, 11:57 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
There's a huge flaw in your post. Obama didn't just urge BLACK people to get out to vote for Hillary. He was encouraging all voters who wanted to thank him for the job he's done for the past 7+ years to vote. Period. Do you think he got elected twice with just the black vote, think again. He's always been a president who happened to be black not just a black president, but I'm sure you won't understand that statement because you cant look past his color. He never once mentioned Hillary in the speech.
Funny Stuff !
Obama & Clinton were both speaking at the Congessional BLACK Caucus Foundation Gala Dinner .... And you actually believe he was "talking to all Voters" ? That's just sad. He was talking to the people at the dinner, he even said "our community" a couple of times. Obama gets a few points for not spending the entire speech on Trump, but he spent as much time fear mongering as he praising black progress.

He mentioned Hillary within the first minute & again at the 8 minute mark. He hit all the high points - Hope, Change, Shackels, Chains, Selma. Vote, Vote, Vote - do it for "me"

As for Hillary's speech ....
" We need ideas not insults, real plans to help struggling Americans in communities that have been left out and left behind, not prejudice and paranoia." In what part of her brain does she think she is talking "ideas"? She talks nothing BUT "insults" .... And that is exactly why she is losing.

Poor thing- she has to get both Obamas, Biden & her husband to attempt to drag her across the finish line. I hear she is going to try a get Al Gore out on the Campaign trail. That's both sad and desperate.

Old 09-18-2016, 11:58 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times
Quote:
Perhaps some remedial comprehension classes will help you answer your own question. You can sit here and pretend all that you want, everyone knows exactly what he meant. But let's dumb it down: If he only meant for them to get out and vote, he would not have named a single candidate, but you already knew that, as did everyone else.

Old 09-18-2016, 12:04 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,816,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Nutty Don and his lies come back to hurt him. A large part of his base will now forget to vote because he is now a RINO in their eyes. He tries to get people to vote for a fascist and turns others away.

Nutty Don and the GOP perfect together.

You're on the wrong thread.

Old 09-18-2016, 12:07 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,608,703 times
Imagine the nuclear explosion of false outrage if Trump had said that it would be a "personal insult" if Whites did not vote for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections