Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 11:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
After this last vulgar fiasco, could the R's legally pull trump off the ticket and replace him, maybe with Pence??
legally? I don't think so, nor would they at this late date. Now if he stepped down it would be totally different. I don't know, then, what would happen but it would be a first I am sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 10:28 AM

2,202 posts, read 4,329,322 times
Alrighty, then. We have our answer. Paul Ryan (and other GOP leaders) have told their rank n file to do whatever they are inclined to do; that no judgements will be made re: party loyalty, etc.

It's official, the Republican Party is playing out the movie "Speed" (w/ Sandra Bullock, Keanu Reeves, and Dennis Hopper). Speed (1994) - IMDb Only, this time, not nearly everyone may make it off the bus.

Old 10-12-2016, 11:26 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Nope. You GOPers are stuck with him. For better or worse.

Old 10-12-2016, 11:33 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Ironically, at this point it would probably be worse for the GOP if Trump were 'replaced'.

It is simply too late to replace him on most ballots, even were he to voluntarily drop out. The resulting confusion would split the remaining Republican votes between Trump and whoever the RNC named to replace him. This would be such a disaster that I suspect that even if Trump said "I quit!" and stomped back off to Trump Tower to tweet full-time, the GOP would just leave him on the ballot as a placeholder, which electors being cut loose (and begged) to vote for some other nominal candidate that the RNC would name after the election.

Frankly, it is astonishing that a modern political party has gotten itself into such an avoidable predicament.

Old 10-12-2016, 11:37 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
After this last vulgar fiasco, could the R's legally pull trump off the ticket and replace him, maybe with Pence??
Sure they can do anything they want there is no law regarding such a switch as far as I know. What would be the purpose? No way they can salvage the election at this point but maybe it would make the loss more palatable? Might help in the down-ticket races?

Old 06-28-2020, 09:55 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,826,625 times
Quote:
Pence/Crenshaw?

Old 06-30-2020, 04:15 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,226,583 times
Pence has already started campaigning, wearing a mask in public (finally) during his daily updates while trying to say all the right things. Something that Trump could NEVER do.

Anybody know where Bunker Boy has been hiding lately?

Old 06-30-2020, 05:05 PM

6,104 posts, read 2,727,097 times
No one can save the Republican party Trump has tainted it for generations. I'd personally think someone like John Kasich could save it but he doesn't fit in with today's Trump party.

Old 06-30-2020, 05:29 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Trump has a pattern of degrading women.
He's a creep and a bigot....not presidential in the slightest.
Agreed, but the Left is their own worse enemy there. They nominated Biden, who is just as bad in every way, older, and may not be all there mentally. The Left is standing on the sidelines cheering as a bunch of Marxist insurgents murder, rape, smash, burn and rampage all over the USA. Their politicians have been more violent in their rhetoric and more vulgar as well.

I truly hate having a system where you end up voting for one side that is terrible because the other side is vastly worse. Can't we have a party that is just good and in it for the American people?

Old 06-30-2020, 07:10 PM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueguy58;58521603[B
]No one can save the Republican party Trump has tainted it for generations. [/b]I'd personally think someone like John Kasich could save it but he doesn't fit in with today's Trump party.
That is a bit of a stretch. Even with everything Trump has done he will probably get more than 40% of the vote. That is not good but Romney got only 47% of the vote in 2012. So we are talking a 7% shift with all that has gone on.

Nixon and Watergate only caused a one term democrat to take over then it was 12 years of Republicans. Americans have really short memories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections