Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 08:26 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate34 View Post
None of the people who plan to vote for him care about the comments he made back then. He won't lose a single vote over this!
you're probably right. Only problem with that is he never had enough to win with just his cult following. He needed to swing the independents and undecided. His inability to do so with situations such as this show him to be unfit for any political office, let alone leader of the free world. Even to the most uninformed voter.

More and more, I think Hard core Trump supporters have a subconscious death wish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2016, 08:27 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,631,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate34 View Post
None of the people who plan to vote for him care about the comments he made back then. He won't lose a single vote over this!
Yes he will. He lost a full 1-2 points after the debate, and he'll probably lose another point or two this coming week - if not more. Yes, he will definitely lose votes over this. The more people see of him these days, the less they like him.

But even if he didn't, it wouldn't matter. Because when you're down almost 6 points in the polls, and your opponent is steadily widening her lead, holding your own is just losing the election. He needs to add more voters (a hell of a lot of them, in fact), and anyone who thinks this is going to make him more popular is truly insane.

He's done. Period. Zero chance.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:29 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,198,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Yes he will. He lost a full 1-2 points after the debate, and he'll probably lose another point or two this coming week - if not more. Yes, he will definitely lose votes over this. The more people see of him these days, the less they like him.

But even if he didn't, it wouldn't matter. Because when you're down almost 6 points in the polls, and your opponent is steadily widening her lead, holding your own is just losing the election. He needs to add more voters (a hell of a lot of them, in fact), and anyone who thinks this is going to make him more popular is truly insane.

I guess then you're ready to surrender your job to an illegal.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:33 PM

285 posts, read 197,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post

Well since she's already won and the election is over, we can all just stay home on November 8, sound good to you?

Old 10-08-2016, 08:36 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,744,070 times
It's about time these GOP folks totally pull their support from this really odious person instead of just wagging their finger at him.
They need to have the "courage of their convictions" and do all that they can to make sure that he doesn't get into the White House and then take a good long look at why trump has been able to get this far, regroup and try again with a sane and decent candidate in 2020.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:38 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,198,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
It's about time these GOP folks totally pull their support from this really odious person instead of just wagging their finger at him.
They need to have the "courage of their convictions" and do all that they can to make sure that he doesn't get into the White House and then take a good long look at why trump has been able to get this far, regroup and try again with a sane and decent candidate in 2020.
Yes lets re-elect all the establishment politicians - great for illegals and screw American citizens.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:40 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
So you sexually assault women too? Yikes, your wife doesn't have very high regard for you. Surprised she hasn't turned you in to the police.

What I say and what I do, are 2 totally different acts. One cannot be confused with the other. Very seldom are my thoughts carried out, the same as you.
According to my wife, women are worse than men, and are nasty b*tches, when no men are around and they are talking shop.

It tells me he is not some political puppet, but just like all Men, uncensored.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:59 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,474,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
Sadly, it seems they just haven't a clue with the many inappropriate offerings they've put forth: Carson, Cruz, jindal, walker, pence, perry, Christie, and a host of other motley crew members, can't remember them all...not to mention the current prom queen. Sane and decent? They haven't a clue. Amazing, but there you have it.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:02 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,689,462 times
Proof that the Republican party is full of RINO's. Republican in name only.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:03 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
I've been seeing a Trump ad on TV that promises under a Trump presidency couples making $60,000 will get a 20% tax cut, etc., etc. People must realize that tax increases and cuts are approved by Congress, right? I mean, it's in the Constitution.

Article I section 8 of the Constitution grants Congress the exclusive power to levy taxes, duties, imposts, and excises. The president does not have any power to raise or lower taxes on his own. All he can do is influence Congress and veto any legislation that he finds objectionable.

Anyway, I guess these ads are already paid for, because I've been seeing pro-Trump and anti-Clinton ads for the past couple of days in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections