Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 06:00 PM

34,062 posts, read 17,088,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
We don't live in a universe where Drumpf can win.

It may be possible on Planet Ecks in some parallel dimension, but not here.

We on Earth live in a universe where he won.

You, obviously, are living in a different universe, capable of connecting to Earth's internet.

On behalf of all Earthlings, I welcome your presence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I want to hear from you November 10

I a late, but what is it you wished to discuss at that time?

Old 02-05-2017, 06:23 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
Quote:

Look at that, a liberal who admits he's out of touch with reality and doesn't live in the real world.

"We" do live in a universe where Trump can win, where do YOU live?

Old 02-06-2017, 04:31 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Hillary has been laying the groundwork on the off chance Trump wins with all this talk of Russian hacking. You can be certain she won't accept the results of the election immediately.
Prophetic.

Old 02-12-2017, 06:21 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I will note, in all seriousness, that Chris Wallace, in his role as 'moderator', lacked any power or authority to bind Mr. Trump to his answer, even if Mr. Trump said "Yes, I will accept the results". If Mr. Trump had said 'yes', but there were a state (Florida for example) in which the voting is a virtual tie, Mr. Trump would still have had the right (ignoring for the moment Florida's law about an automatic recount in such situations) to request a recount.

I imagine that, should Mr. Trump win the election, most rational people, be they Democrat, Republican, Independent, Libertarian or what have you, would accept him as President, as 'we the people' have for 240 years or so.

Irrational people are another matter. One cannot predict the behavior of irrational people.

While I am voting for Ms. Clinton, if Mr. Trump were to win, I would say 'Huh, surprising', and carry on with life. As I have said before, should he win, I believe that Mr. Trump would want to be a 'great' president (same as Hillary; same as anyone that has achieved that office), and so would (hopefully) discard much of his rhetoric, listen to his advisors, and get about governing the nation.

He would have, of course, a reality check on what he can actually do. Not only will he have to have the support of Congress for many of his policies, but even if Congress passed some of his proposals, the Federal Courts can be resorted to by those that believe such laws are unconstitutional. I would also think that while a President Trump will readily cancel some of President Obama's executive orders, he may, on reflection, keep many (he had claimed he would cancel all, which is rather silly).
Hmm. I see that back in October I had noted, in my last paragraph, that the Federal Courts may have a say about some of President Trump's actions.

Old 02-12-2017, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
You guys are deluded. Trump has less than a 15% chance of winning at this point. Let it sink in. You've already lost.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...ex_cid=rrpromo

Really?

LOL!

Old 02-12-2017, 10:52 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,354,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
graywar said "massive clinton blowout" roflmao ^^^
The only blowout Hillary had was in her bloomers on election night.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:09 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
You guys are deluded. Trump has less than a 15% chance of winning at this point. Let it sink in. You've already lost.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...ex_cid=rrpromo
I'll just let this sit right here.

Old 07-04-2017, 06:38 PM

Quote:

Really?

Old 07-04-2017, 06:49 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Really?
I love posters like OG. He can be wrong 99 out of 100 times but still comes back acting like he teaches political science at Harvard and only he knows what's going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections