Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 02:05 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
...despite today's CNN story, I suspect enough women and Latinos will ignore Hillary's obvious criminality and overlook her astonishing ethical lapses and vote for her.
Whatever their gender or ethnicity, I think there are enough Hillarybots, people who hate Trump, and first female POTUS uber alles people to put Hillary over the top.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:07 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This is actually a VERY good thing for Hillary. It shakes those who are complacent about her win into making certain that they get out and vote for her.
I think you are right. Shhhhhh (one finger over puckered lips) .

Old 11-06-2016, 02:09 AM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Trump does not have 15-20% of the African American vote. He may get 3-4% of the black vote nationally.

He's already beating those numbers well.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:31 AM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Trump offered zero solutions. No plans. Nothing. Just "Trust me. It'll be great. You'll love it. Its yuuuuge"

By the way, based on your post I can say that you (just like Trump) also don't get just how much middle and upper middle class blacks (aka the majority of black voters) were turned off by Trump's "othering" of black Americans and referring to a lone black supporter at one of his rallies as "MY African American" as if that guy were his faithful buck Jethro.

The LAST person that black Americans would vote to put in the White House is a rich Archie Bunker

ETA: Why do the Trump supporters NEVER have an answer to why Trump does not manufacture his merchandise in the US? And if he is such a jobs creator then why doesn't he put Americans to work making his ties, his suits, IvaMelania's jewelry....? Why is NONE of their merchandise Made in the USA??? Shouldn't he lead by examplenka's shoes, ?

Already answered, didn't like it or ignored it.

Old 11-06-2016, 03:06 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,636,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
If Trump attempted to manufacture his clothing in the US he would be out of business. The way the laws and trade deals are set up make it impossible for a company to manufacture many products in the US and still be successful. So when he changes the law he will have to pay the tariffs just like everyone else unless he moves production to US. You think the Dems are going to let him be the only one manufacturing overseas and not paying tariffs.

He has enough money and success. He wants to give back to the country now and him losing money by shutting down globalism doesn't matter to him. That's why so many people like him - unlike Hillary he is looking out for the American worker, not himself.
There are many clothing and jewelry brands made in the USA. They just charge higher prices. Trump's products are made overseas because he makes more money off exploiting sweatshop workers in poorer countries.

I'll be amazed if you managed to type that second paragraph with a straight face. Donald Trump looks out for one person, and that person is Donald Trump. He might say those things, but his words belie his actions.

Old 11-06-2016, 03:22 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I'm not sure what happened to cause someone to make an attempt on Trump's life.

Was it Hillary's hateful rhetoric that incited one of her supporters, or was it the desperation of her supporters.

Like I said, the mood has really changed.

Are you talking about this? Yeah, sure, an attempt on trump's life <scoff>

"Multiple witnesses near the front of the stage told reporters that they believed that the man had a gun, but the claim could not be confirmed by Yahoo News. The Secret Service said no weapon was found.
Trump had paused his stump speech to call out a protester when several Secret Service agents suddenly rushed to him and grabbed him off the stage. Chaos ensued as the crowd began to hurry away from the stage. Some moved back toward a barricaded area where the press corps was set up and began screaming at them."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/secret-se...014038066.html

Old 11-06-2016, 03:56 AM

1,229 posts, read 859,509 times
Quote:
So, the polls are showing that Hillary has been dropping for two weeks now, a full week before the FBI announced it was reopening its espionage investigation against Hillary.

Voter turnout, especially among minorities has not been good for Hillary in the early voting, not a good sign, most of the early voting took place before the FBI's announcement.

So we know the numbers don't look good for Hillary, but what about the mood of voters.

Two weeks ago all we saw from the Democrats was that the election was over. Now, there is a very different feeling coming from the democrats, a feeling of desperation.

We can see that the mood of the mainstream media has shifted, as the media is covering more of the negative stories about Hillary in the past week.

We can see that many democrats are grasping at straws, some in the media are rewriting old stories in an effort to find something, anything to attack Trump.

We're seeing the Hillary supporters on here posting the same duplicate threads over, and over as they desperately look for anything to move the spotlight away from Hillary's sinking campaign. I've seen more delicate threads posted on here this week, than I have in the last month.

There is no denying it, the mood has dramatically changed, the democrats are completely on the defensive.

They are hoping Hillary can make it to election day without anymore information is released, leading to a catastrophic loss, or indictment.

Hillary, and her supporters cannot take anymore, one more serious leak, one more FBI revelation, and it's all over, there will be no possible chance of her winning.

We are on the brink, it's almost over, we went from Hillary has already won, to she is circling the drain, and is about to go down.
This short 13 minute clip fully corroborates your short treatise. Although those who subject themselves to a steady diet of CNN and other corporate news networks will cry foul that it is merely a conspiracy theory.

https://www.corbettreport.com/interv...chossudovsky/#

Old 11-06-2016, 09:40 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I`m sure HC will receive a majority of the upper middle class AA vote.

Trump is basically targeting the middle/lower income black voter who like many other this year don`t see him as a typical Republican politician or any politician for that matter.

So, yes 15-25% AA vote for Trump is certainly possibly and something which will be discussed long after this election is over.
I guess it never hurts to dream.

Trump and the Black Vote

Old 11-06-2016, 09:43 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Even CNN disagrees with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blxzfpc6IdI

BTW,

Weren't you the guy that just told me I was a liar, and spreading misinformation when I said that the FBI found new emails from Hillary on Weiner's laptop?

You got really quiet when I posted a link to CBS news reporting it.
The Trump Denial effect will not be felt until Tuesday.

There are millions of people, mostly white males who are saying one thing and voting another. They will support Hillary for professional reasons, marital reasons, maybe they don't want their children to know they are voting Trump.

But when they go to the polls, they will vote Trump and tell no one. It will be a landslide.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:10 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Already answered, didn't like it or ignored it.
Because he could is not an answer when it comes to someone who claims he wants to make America great. If he really believed in that, he would have been doing it all along. The only thing he cares about his lining his own pockets, and it will be what he continues to do after the election - of course it won't be as President, but he even admits that he looks at the campaign as a profit-making venture. Not that he's making a huge profit, which is of course the same as his other businesses, but he's still funneling the donations of others into his own pockets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections