Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2016, 05:12 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Praying for God to guide Trump's path?
I think it would be better to term it a service of solidarity with those who rightfully have reason to fear how the election results may harm them or cause harm to those they love.

Old 11-11-2016, 05:36 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
His/her actions speak louder than words.
As I said, her admirable vocation doesn't mean that her political perspectives are moral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Your earlier posts suggest that you are a student of John Rawls theory of Law and Society?
I'm a Unitarian Universalist, the religion of John Adams, Florence Nightingale, Henry David Thoreau, Susan B. Anthony, and Martha and Waitstill Sharp. My "theory of law and society" is crafted by the religious values, inherited from our forebearers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
And, of course, your solipsism has nothing to do with morality.
Nonsense on two counts, but the whole point of apologia for immorality, such as that you support, is to deny morality.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:54 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
As I said, her admirable vocation doesn't mean that her political perspectives are moral.

I'm a Unitarian Universalist, the religion of John Adams, Florence Nightingale, Henry David Thoreau, Susan B. Anthony, and Martha and Waitstill Sharp. My "theory of law and society" is crafted by the religious values, inherited from our forebearers.
Recommendations

Read Rawls

Visit Flo's Museum in London....next to the Thompson Hospital.

Do you define moral as universal and within all? As Emanuel Kant (I believe )?
Cheers.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:01 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This election was a rebellion against people of color, immigrants, LGBTs, non-Christians, et al

White fear voted en masse
Typical... anyone who doesn't lock step with progressives are racists, bigots, misogynists, homophobes... bla bla bla

These lies are getting old. This nonsense is designed to enrage the young minds who believe it.

Trump basically did about the same as Romney with whites.

The fact is; just as Obama could not have been elected without whites (twice), Trump couldn't have won without blacks, Hispanics/Latinos, and women. He more than doubled Romney in these demographics.

The reason HRC lost is because she was abandoned by the young vote. The 18-29 demographic didn't show up. The same kids who are now protesting, some violently, only have themselves to blame.

My take: People are disgusted with DC and the establishment, it has nothing to do with the spin you're pushing.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:40 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,338,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Typical... anyone who doesn't lock step with progressives are racists, bigots, misogynists, homophobes... bla bla bla

These lies are getting old. This nonsense is designed to enrage the young minds who believe it.

The fact is; just as Obama could not have been elected without whites (twice), Trump couldn't have won without blacks, Hispanics/Latinos, and women. He more than doubled Romney in these demographics.

The reason HRC lost is because she was abandoned by the young vote. The 18-29 demographic didn't show up. The same kids who are now protesting, some violently, only have themselves to blame.

My take: People are disgusted with DC and the establishment, it has nothing to do with the spin you're pushing.
In bold above. This.

People are fed up with Government. They are fed up with the overreach, the massive amounts of regulation, the good old boys club, the same ol' same ol'.

They are fed up and have given notice.

How they are going about showing their displeasure ... that's another story.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:51 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
I think it would be better to term it a service of solidarity with those who rightfully have reason to fear how the election results may harm them or cause harm to those they love.
Everyone who's "grieving" and going into histrionics over Trump winning needs to look back in history to when our nation was in it's infancy and see what was said about the newly elected presidents and what they did.
Filling up the administration using the Friends and Family plan etc.

Much of what's being said today was said back then. Just look at what was said about Lincoln as an example...

Old 11-11-2016, 11:55 AM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
You are literally wrong. The measure of a society is how it treats its most vulnerable members. Every major Eastern and Western religious, and non-religious, code of morality, going back to the Code of Hammurabi, teaches that. If you don't know what morality is, you're better off keeping silent about it.
Would you like it better if we gave you a Participation Trophy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

Every word of this.

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-11-2016 at 12:06 PM..

Old 11-11-2016, 03:14 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I'm not going to debate a racist about racism. You think when blacks get together corruption follows? Call Obama the NIC? You have your racist president now. He and his father wouldn't rent to blacks. He ran his campaign on calling Mexicans rapists and drug dealers. Congratulations and I hope we see entitlement reform really soon so seniors can get a coupon toward the purchase of a policy they pay for based on their medical risk.

Why do all your posts mention "racists"....the only racists are those who call "others" racists...which would be you. It's tiring and irritating to read your victim mentality posts....

Old 11-11-2016, 04:55 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
And, this is why Hillary lost the WI, MI, PA :

5 Reasons Why Trump Will Win | MICHAEL MOORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
They are off to greener pastures and starting threads regarding how the electoral college sucks,
We didn't elect Trump, Trumps getting us into a war with Russia...yada, yada, yada....
Hmmmm.......interesting since Trump, himself, was ranting against the Electoral College as recently as 2012.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...012-tweets.jpg

Oh, the irony. The very thing he believes is a disaster elected him.

Quote:
"The electoral college is a disaster for democracy."
And, on that I agree with him. His election IS A DISASTER - GWBush disaster x 10. Ya'll don't know it yet. But, it's coming.

You can bet if he'd lost because of the Electoral College, he'd be telling all his followers to protest - JUST AS HE DID IN 2012, here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...012-tweets.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I'm a licensed clinical social worker whose job and passion is helping the very most disadvantaged and struggling members of society. I do it every day, day in and day out, not as a "political hobby".

Hillary and her crew were poison, pure poison to the people I and those like me are trying to help.
Specifically, how??? What was done to these people to poison them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
Anyway, I have assured the friends that I do discuss politics with and that did not vote for him that Trump will make a fine President, and to give him a fair chance
How, exactly, does an undisciplined narcisistic disordered personality - witness, once again, the adolescent 'oh, woe is me, life's not fair" tantrum/tweet from last night:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...eet-unfair.jpg

who is a sexual predator, liar and a thief make a "fine President."

Where is the ADULT in that tweet?? Where is the PRESIDENT in that tweet? We wouldn't put up with that kind of childish belly-aching from our own kids.

Generally, narcissistic disordered personalities get worse the more power they have.

Trump does NOT care about anyone in this country. Trump only cares about his own ego and his own interests. Period.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 11-11-2016 at 05:11 PM..

Old 11-11-2016, 05:16 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
who is a sexual predator, liar and a thief make a "fine President."

Where is the ADULT in that tweet?? Where is the PRESIDENT in that tweet? We wouldn't put up with that kind of childish belly-aching from our own kids.

Generally, narcissistic disordered personalities get worse the more power they have.

Trump does NOT care about anyone in this country. Trump only cares about his own ego and his own interests. Period.

He left office in 2000
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections