Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 01:55 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Sure I'll try and dig up mine later.

I said she looked great wearing her red suit that first debate and I was never going to vote for her.
What happened to "she got a lot of positive comments including from Trump supporters"? It's just not reality. It's not a big deal, I simply agree with the OP that probably a male is the way to go for the foreseeable future. Men seem more balanced but women really seem to prefer a male president. Women don't seem to care about a man's physical features at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 02:24 AM

13,753 posts, read 8,009,665 times
We're discussing Hillary Clinton and why she lost.

You claim her appearance was a negative with enough women that it was a factor in her losing.

And I'm saying Clinton was a terrible candidate and the flaws in her candidacy were what cost her the election.

True there were complaint she looked to be in poor health but her appearance in the three debates quieted that.

There have been a lot excuses made as to why Clinton lost. However to suggest her looks and or gender played a significant role is the most ludicrous.

Old 01-08-2017, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
We're discussing Hillary Clinton and why she lost.

You claim her appearance was a negative with enough women that it was a factor in her losing.

And I'm saying Clinton was a terrible candidate and the flaws in her candidacy were what cost her the election.

True there were complaint she looked to be in poor health but her appearance in the three debates quieted that.

There have been a lot excuses made as to why Clinton lost. However to suggest her looks and or gender played a significant role is the most ludicrous.
Where are all these positive comments about her appearance? She was constantly attacked for her appearance, she still is. Yesterday the comments were that she was a wrinkled old hog. A hog! Does that mean she is fat? Because Trump is fatter. Old? Trump is older. Women really do care about other women's appearance in the U.S. Look at how quickly Sarah Palin gained support in spite of how obvious it was that she knew so little (as has been admitted even by the McCain campaign). Yet no one complains about how men look beyond the Cheeto jokes. Feel free to try to get a woman elected, I just won't waste my time for a long while because I don't think women are mature (or experienced?) enough to see beyond appearance. Maybe after women lose a few elections and their supporters start talking about policy it will make a difference. Even Trump said about Carly Fiorina "Look at her face!"

Old 01-08-2017, 02:56 AM

13,753 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Fine. I'll search for the thread after the first debate where her health and appearance were brought up.

Old 01-08-2017, 02:56 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
No.

Maybe they should elect Bernie Sanders,but wait!

WHite middle country voters will not vote for him,because he is Jewish.

Old 01-08-2017, 03:01 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
What happened to "she got a lot of positive comments including from Trump supporters"? It's just not reality. It's not a big deal, I simply agree with the OP that probably a male is the way to go for the foreseeable future. Men seem more balanced but women really seem to prefer a male president. Women don't seem to care about a man's physical features at all.

Hey do not blame all women!
Remember,Hillary actually carried the black women votes by a huge margin.
She also carried huge huge numbers of white women in Ny,Cali,Nj etc.
She also did not win many low income white women voters.

Blame Trump's win on the RIGHT women.....Middle aged,white women who live in the South and Midwest.

I think those women wanted to uphold patriarchy,especially middle America white women.

Old 01-08-2017, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Hey do not blame all women!
Remember,Hillary actually carried the black women votes by a huge margin.
She also carried huge huge numbers of white women in Ny,Cali,Nj etc.
She also did not win many low income white women voters.

Blame Trump's win on the RIGHT women.....Middle aged,white women who live in the South and Midwest.

I think those women wanted to uphold patriarchy, especially middle America white women.
That is probably very true. Republicans won't nominate a female for likely decades, much less a black, so this will be on Democrats. I just want to see women truly support a female nominee before we do it again. If they had shut down the comments against her appearance immediately, it would be different. Considering evangelicals are Republican, patriarchy is probably a huge aspect.

Old 01-08-2017, 04:52 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,966,079 times
They can run Al Franken or Sherrod Brown. With Tulsi Gabbard as vice president.

Old 01-08-2017, 05:12 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
That is probably very true. Republicans won't nominate a female for likely decades, much less a black, so this will be on Democrats. I just want to see women truly support a female nominee before we do it again. If they had shut down the comments against her appearance immediately, it would be different. Considering evangelicals are Republican, patriarchy is probably a huge aspect.
I was a Democrat for most of my life and this election an avid Trump supporter. At one time I would have stood shoulder to shoulder against the Republicans and I might also do that in the future. The Democratic Party has to show America that it stands for America and not the United Nations or Saudi oil. They have to show that again our Justice system stands for justice and not as simply a political tool used to go after your opposition - of course the new Trump government will have to worry about the same thing.

Don't say never to Republicans running a woman. I can think of two, Nikki and Ivanka, that could be groomed for a shot in the near future - especially if Trumpism works for America. Ivanka just turned legal age for the Presidency, if things go well; you could see her for many, many years. Try a poll right now between Warren and Ivanka and see who wins! You need to bring out new faces and faces that Americans can trust.

As far as the evangelicals: I am an atheist. Trump had a hard time getting the support of traditional, establishment, Republican. Even today there are still differences. Many are already talking about going after Planned Parenthood. If Trump is smart; he will steer the Party away from bedroom and religious politics and focus on jobs, the infrastructure and security. At the same time, many Republicans feel they now have the upper hand and it will be hard to 'retrain' them.

Old 01-08-2017, 05:27 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,966,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I was a Democrat for most of my life and this election an avid Trump supporter. At one time I would have stood shoulder to shoulder against the Republicans and I might also do that in the future.
That might not be possible. We live in an era of massive income and wealth inequality and a rigged economy held up by a corrupt system of campaign finance. Campaigns are funded by a couple of hundreds uber rich families. And Trump has promised us he will eliminate all restrictions on campaign finance by nominating Justice Scalia clones for the Supreme Court. This means that it will be impossible for anyone to run for office representing the needs of the 99% as anyone who wants to win has to beg the super rich oligarchy for money. This is the permanent oligarchy being put in place in the coming years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections