Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 11:36 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,794,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Oh, please. If that were the case, the Obama people and the media would have been ALL over it and trumpeting their discovery from every rooftop (and laptop).

Is the Toronto Globe and Mail the same type of rag, cough, newspaper as the London Daily Mail? I've found INCREDIBLE things about Obama in the London Daily Mail but haven't posted them here because it's not necessarily credible.
The story only broke today. Reuters has picked it up.

Top aide to Canada PM sparked NAFTA spat: reports | Politics | Reuters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 11:38 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
I've had CNN on all morning/afternoon. Nothing. Something "this big" would be SEIZED ON by the Obama campaign. Why don't you give them a call? I'm sure you have the number.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:50 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,794,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I've had CNN on all morning/afternoon. Nothing. Something "this big" would be SEIZED ON by the Obama campaign. Why don't you give them a call? I'm sure you have the number.
I have the utmost confidence that Mr. Harper's and Mr. Brodie's offices are being contacted with phone calls as we speak. The major news outlets try to verify reports and give chances for response before they run them. Patience.

Jake Tapper of ABC is on it.

Political Punch

Old 03-06-2008, 11:54 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Well, I read the story and you're in error. First, it was posted yesterday. Secondly, there is only one line, without evidence, mentioning Hillary. The whole story is about the Obama memo.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:58 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdummy View Post
What's the deal with these stories about "somebody" in the Clinton/Obama campaigns, talking to "somebody" in the Canadian gov't about someone saying something about NAFTA.....

I'd like to see some concrete proof of what was said. I'd like to see an interview with the actual persons involved. Seems like an awful lot of speculation and confusing misinformation is associated with these stories.
Couldnt agree with you more. I'm no fan of either, in fact I cant stand them, however someone said something about someone doing something sometime, does not make a credible story. At least give me a name. If they are upon to talking to the press, then they should be open to give out their name for scruteny.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:32 PM
BVH

944 posts, read 606,036 times
The Clinton campaign also offered blanket immunity to any Canadian official who could provide names of any initiators or recipients of such contacts.
"Unlike the Obama campaign, we can and do flatly deny this report and urge the Canadian government to reveal the name of anyone they think they heard from. The Obama campaign has given a variety of misleading answers to the press and the public about its top economic adviser’s contacts with the Canadian government and should come clean about why they did so." – Campaign spokesperson, Phil Singer
The Fact Hub (broken link)

Old 03-06-2008, 06:12 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,109,175 times
Anyone interested in the full, accurate story about what happened needs to watch this report from the CBC.

http://www.cbc.ca/mrl3/8752/vsu/wmv-...memo080303.wmv

Old 03-06-2008, 06:19 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
And you can bet that the TV media won't be reporting this.
Kieth Olberman is talking about it right now, but he's the only one I've heard it from.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:21 PM
BVH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Kieth Olberman is talking about it right now, but he's the only one I've heard it from.
That's not a shock. He's the most viscious anti-Hillary member of the MSM I have seen and always eager to publicise undocumented BS about Hillary.......

Old 03-06-2008, 06:25 PM
BVH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Anyone interested in the full, accurate story about what happened needs to watch this report from the CBC.

http://www.cbc.ca/mrl3/8752/vsu/wmv-...memo080303.wmv
I just watched this. If anything, it implicates the Republicans and the Canadian government, not Hillary Clinton. If you ask me, this has Karl Rove's stench all over it, especially considering the Canadian PM is conservative.

I thought you said you don't participate in "gotcha" politics? If anything, this serves to show that potentially NEITHER campaign was involved. It in no way implicates Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections