Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 11:15 AM

154 posts, read 605,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
It's impossible to reason with zealots for B. Hussain Obama. They resort to name calling. I've been called a bigot because I'm supporting HIllary by jjordan and malamute (who amazingly had never heard about the Cuban missle crisis and showed his ignorance by denying that it happened)

Hey guys... the blacks who voted in my precinct also voted for HIllary. Are they bigots too?
No. You've been called a bigot because you are. Please tell me, in specific terms, what the relevance of his middle name is, other than to paint him as some kind of "other"? Look, you're at best a Dixiecrat, and at worst, a right-wing xenophoic ****, and that's your prerogative. But it really is unbecoming to try and justify your decisions on the basis of fallacious logic. You're a bigot. Be proud of it. Own it.

As for the blacks who voted for Hillary, I don't think they're bigots, and I don't think the majority of whites who aren't voting for Obama are bigots, either. But you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 12:05 PM

270 posts, read 527,152 times
Amen to that jjordan!!!! I can't say that I am totally for O'Bama but it is not because of his name. I'm not totally against him either. I haven't decided who I will vote for when either O'Bama or Clinton get the nomination I may vote for McCain. I know that I have some ideas about how government should run and I would like change too. Therefore maybe I will write my own name in. I'm am in no way saying that I am qualified for the job, I wouldn't even want it. But wanting change and making change are two different things. I don't want someone who will back down to others just because it will make him/her look good. We need a president that will stand up for themselves. That is one reason I probably would not vote for O'Bama, he seems a little scared of opposition. He would need to prove himself first

Old 03-11-2008, 02:14 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,121,454 times
Loook jjordan, it's his name. Barack Hussein Obama. It was given to him by his parents. How does my calling him by his name make me a bigot. That's just illogical. I suppose by your logic his parents are also bigots!

I guess anyone who disagrees with you is a bigot. Oh yeah I forgot, you are a kid with zits I believe you wrote.

Last edited by Major Minor; 03-11-2008 at 03:12 PM..

Old 03-11-2008, 03:53 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,605,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanw View Post
Amen to that jjordan!!!! I can't say that I am totally for O'Bama but it is not because of his name. I'm not totally against him either. I haven't decided who I will vote for when either O'Bama or Clinton get the nomination I may vote for McCain. I know that I have some ideas about how government should run and I would like change too. Therefore maybe I will write my own name in. I'm am in no way saying that I am qualified for the job, I wouldn't even want it. But wanting change and making change are two different things. I don't want someone who will back down to others just because it will make him/her look good. We need a president that will stand up for themselves. That is one reason I probably would not vote for O'Bama, he seems a little scared of opposition. He would need to prove himself first
Because one does not adopt the strategy to fight, that another believes is correct, does not mean one does not know how to fight.

Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.
Norman Schwarzkopf

Old 03-11-2008, 04:24 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I don't like him because he lacks experience, among the many things he lacks -- and then I think about his wife and I don't like his wife either because it appears that she doesn't really like white Americans very much.

How 'bout you? Are you a Democrat who dislikes Obama? And why?
Who cares what his wife thinks, you're not voting for the First Lady.

A vote for any Democrat means more taxes, amnesty, and four years of watching our country get flushed down the toilet.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:44 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,357,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
But it was a interview he gave to his church magazine!! He didn't deny it but others are trying to cover it up because it is embarresing for Obama who him self didn't say anything other than that this man is his church leader.

Is Farrakhan Influencing Obama Through Jeremiah Wright? « Political Night Train

“It’s important to state right off that nothing in Obama’s record suggests he harbors anti-Semitic views or agrees with Wright when it comes to Farrakhan.â€

Obama: the Obama campaign responded with an unequivocal statement on it from the candidate himself.“I decry racism and anti-Semitism in every form and strongly condemn the anti-Semitic statements made by Minister Farrakhan,†Obama said in the statement. “I assume that Trumpet Magazine made its own decision to honor Farrakhan based on his efforts to rehabilitate ex-offenders, but it is not a decision with which I agree.â€

Obama Decries Farrakhan Statements | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Old 03-12-2008, 06:20 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
Loook jjordan, it's his name. Barack Hussein Obama. It was given to him by his parents. How does my calling him by his name make me a bigot. That's just illogical. I suppose by your logic his parents are also bigots!

I guess anyone who disagrees with you is a bigot. Oh yeah I forgot, you are a kid with zits I believe you wrote.
What is Hillary's middle name? Why is it that we never hear McCain's middle name? Please explain why you take such interest in Obama's middle name.

If Obama were Barack Henry Obama, we wouldn't be hearing his middle name from you and the other anti-Obamites.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:25 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Who cares what his wife thinks, you're not voting for the First Lady.

A vote for any Democrat means more taxes, amnesty, and four years of watching our country get flushed down the toilet.
Well, thank goodness the past seven years have been so smooth.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:12 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,325,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
...right, because we know that GWB and his GOP posse have lowered taxes, closed the border and given us a strong dollar in international markets. Rinse and repeat...

Old 03-12-2008, 08:28 PM

775 posts, read 579,387 times
[quote=Major Minor;3106944]Loook jjordan, it's his name. Barack Hussein Obama. It was given to him by his parents. How does my calling him by his name make me a bigot. That's just illogical. I suppose by your logic his parents are also bigots!

I guess anyone who disagrees with you is a bigot. Oh yeah I forgot, you are a kid with zits I believe you wrote.[/quote

How can anything you post be taken seriously?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections