Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 10:44 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
No, he got there by creating a movement and stylizing himself as a guru. So, perhaps we can create a new position just for him -- duly elected American Spiritual Savior. Elected ASS, for short.
He'll be the one Hillary has to kiss up to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 10:58 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
So are you saying that you think that Anne Frank would have made a good US president?

No one is faulting Obama's sentiments. The big issue is that us non-Obama supporters don't believe that he can actually make the changes he's promised.

And speaking of messiahs, no way would I vote for Jesus Christ for US president either.
True there are no facts he can make changes and for his spiritual leader and "oncle" as he called this rev. to mention that Jesus was black....well that is a change isn't it. As far as history goes Jesus was Jewish and white.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt View Post
As a soldier, I could see having Obama as my commander in chief, but I would have a hard time buying Hillary as CIC. Why? Because she lacks the good judgment necessary for determining when is or is not the right time to send soldiers into battle. She displayed that poor judgment in late 2002.
As a soldier you should know that hope and change is not keeping you alive today. It takes more than hot air. Of cause it is nice to dream but not nice to wake up to a nightmare
After all the facts that came out do you still believ that you as a soldier are save with a man like Obama and his PLO friends and the racists rev.? Wake up time for a reality check.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
Is Farrakhan Influencing Obama Through Jeremiah Wright? « Political Night Train

“It’s important to state right off that nothing in Obama’s record suggests he harbors anti-Semitic views or agrees with Wright when it comes to Farrakhan.â€

Obama: the Obama campaign responded with an unequivocal statement on it from the candidate himself.“I decry racism and anti-Semitism in every form and strongly condemn the anti-Semitic statements made by Minister Farrakhan,†Obama said in the statement. “I assume that Trumpet Magazine made its own decision to honor Farrakhan based on his efforts to rehabilitate ex-offenders, but it is not a decision with which I agree.â€

Obama Decries Farrakhan Statements | The Trail | washingtonpost.com
Okay let show it by facts, why is he still hanging out with these people. People who visited the enemy of the US and are anti semitic and Barack Hussein Obama is associated with these people for a long time even after they made these remarks, and knew about it. If you don't like remarks you friends make and you want to run for president you will do anything to avoid being associated to these people. Obama is even calling the rev. his "oncle". Blood related stays what ever happens , firends on the other hand you can cut loose and out of your life if you don't it is making a statement, specially if you want to become the president of the USA. Don't come and tell me he didn't know. He and his wife are very much educated and should know, so the choose this and have to deal with it and their racists friends.

Old 03-15-2008, 12:54 PM

39 posts, read 177,338 times
We goofy Americans sit here letting our silly racist past dictate who we are capable of electing for president, while:
1. The economy goes completely down the tubes because of who?
2. We basically have lost our ranking in the world in key areas, education, finance and soon-to-be life-style because of who?
3. The rest of the world, including the bad part and good part, views us Americans as being basically STUPID and not capable of electing a president that would unite this country with its self and with the world because of what?
-----------------------------------
I am really staring to feel sorry for us Americans. It seems that the population of idiots in this country might still out number the non-idiots as was demonstrated in the Bush Elections and as was observed by the rest of the world.
------------------------

Old 03-17-2008, 09:02 AM

2,885 posts, read 1,986,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
[

I don't think he is worshiped nor idolized. I know I don't feel that way but I think that the pro-Obama people are just reacting out of so much anger at the previous administration and at Hillary's antics who cannot be trusted. I think it is their way of saying Enough! Bring in the new! Shouting it out of sheer frustration.
[/quote]

I would love nothing more then see some change. However, how much will Obama really be able to change? Even if he is all he claims to be, the Congress, Senate and corruption of this government will never change. He is not a Messiah for crying out loud, that's just that much that one person can do.[/quote]

Of course he's not a Messiah, but as a man who is running for office, he beats anyone else who is running and a huge refresher compared to the current administration.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:03 PM

269 posts, read 1,010,915 times
According to AP "An exit poll of Mississippi voters showed that 57 percent of Hillary Rodham Clinton's voters said they had a favorable opinion of John McCain, the likely Republican presidential nominee. Only 23 percent of Barack Obama's voters viewed McCain favorably." So I Guess a vote for Obama is a win for McCain!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 01:35 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,986,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerngentleman View Post
According to AP "An exit poll of Mississippi voters showed that 57 percent of Hillary Rodham Clinton's voters said they had a favorable opinion of John McCain, the likely Republican presidential nominee. Only 23 percent of Barack Obama's voters viewed McCain favorably." So I Guess a vote for Obama is a win for McCain!!!
Huh? If that is true, which I doubt, what it actually means is that Hillary and McCain are pretty much the same, pro war for one no matter what she says.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:25 AM

474 posts, read 601,750 times
I think a real dream ticket would be McCain and Hillary. MCain says he always reaches across the aisle. The world is so messed up now, something really different would be someone from both parties, able to get votes from both parties to make the changes we need to move ahead. Obama is a racial divider. He was low-key about being bi-racial and ran as a black man when all the while he is half white. No mention though until after becoming the Dems nominee, now he trots all the pictures of his white relatives looking for Hillary's votes. Let's stop Obama in his tracks. McCain and Clinton. Nice sound eh?
By the way, the pictures of Obama's Kenyan background, relatives and muslim friends are making the rounds. For some reason I could not get them to download on this site. They are eye openers. Obama was no poor black kid from Chicago, he was a privileged kid, went to great schools in Indonesia, Hawaii and Harvard etc. That is what I don't like about him, he has an answer for everything even if it is the wrong one. How could any person with his privileged education say he did not know the beliefs held by Wright, Phlager, Ayers, Soros and the rest? Maybe it's true, maybe his beliefs are so much like theirs, he did not notice anything wrong. We are electing a trojan horse, God help us.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:04 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,868,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
I think a real dream ticket would be McCain and Hillary. MCain says he always reaches across the aisle. The world is so messed up now, something really different would be someone from both parties, able to get votes from both parties to make the changes we need to move ahead. Obama is a racial divider. He was low-key about being bi-racial and ran as a black man when all the while he is half white. No mention though until after becoming the Dems nominee, now he trots all the pictures of his white relatives looking for Hillary's votes. Let's stop Obama in his tracks. McCain and Clinton. Nice sound eh?
By the way, the pictures of Obama's Kenyan background, relatives and muslim friends are making the rounds. For some reason I could not get them to download on this site. They are eye openers. Obama was no poor black kid from Chicago, he was a privileged kid, went to great schools in Indonesia, Hawaii and Harvard etc. That is what I don't like about him, he has an answer for everything even if it is the wrong one. How could any person with his privileged education say he did not know the beliefs held by Wright, Phlager, Ayers, Soros and the rest? Maybe it's true, maybe his beliefs are so much like theirs, he did not notice anything wrong. We are electing a trojan horse, God help us.

It won't ever happen, but I agree with you, I would love to see Hillary and McCain together.....running in the center, trouncing both the Republican religious fanatics and the Democratic Obamatron fanatics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections