Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2008, 06:48 PM

154 posts, read 605,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
Ok fellow, how about telling us what a "real Democrat" is. Do all "real Democrats have to support B. Hussain Obama? Do they have to live in the "middle of somewhere" Oklahoma? I have a feeling I was voting for Democrats when you were still in diapers.

I know I am a "real Democrat" and I wholeheartedly support Hillary Clinton!

I am a precinct officer and have served as a Democratic regiistrar and judge. I have campaigned for candidates from the courthouse to the whitehouse. I have been a delegate to the state convention almost every year since 1980 and I was a delegate to the Democratic National Convention in 1988.

As to the size of my precinct pal. There are 2,351 registered Democrats in this precinct located just Southeast of Charlotte, NC. Our precinct is about 70% white, 15% black, 10% Hispanic and 5% listed as mixed, other or did not respond. Getting them to a precinct meeting during the work week is very difficult. Twenty Two is actually a good number for us. In years when there is no national or state election we sometimes only have 5 or 6 show up.

Obama is not very popular here. Many mistrust him and they remember the good Clinton years.
Listen to yourself! "B. Hussain [sic] Obama"? You are pathetic, and let's call a spade a spade, probably a bigot. Defect for McCain and get what you deserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 07:29 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,015,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
1. He isn't black enough for the liberals
2. He isn't blue collar
3. So far he isn't into the rank and file of the average democrat. In other words he doesn't worship the name Clinton.
You've GOT to be kidding with #3. He hangs out with Teddy No-Pants Kennedy, wimpy Daschle, and Loser Kerry! He is so attached to the left wing of the Party that you'd swear it was the '60s all over again.

I don't know of anyone who worships "the name Clinton," but there are an awful lot of us who, but for the Clintons making the party more moderate, would be consistently voting for Republican candidates for President. If the party's Obama-fest means it doesn't want moderate votes, then we'll be happy to move right along.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:17 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
The advantage that clinton has is that everyhting is old news. Now Obama has the problem that stories like the slumlord friend and now the terrorist couple friends are new news.At first I believed the clintons messed up with the VP thing and now it appears they got Obama to come down in the dirt and fight.he is no long above it all.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:45 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Ok fellow, how about telling us what a "real Democrat" is. Do all "real Democrats have to support B. Hussain Obama? Do they have to live in the "middle of somewhere" Oklahoma? I have a feeling I was voting for Democrats when you were still in diapers.

I know I am a "real Democrat" and I wholeheartedly support Hillary Clinton!
You seem like a bigot.

First of all -- a baby does not pick out it's middle name so to try to lynch Obama with his middle name is pure dirty politics.

Can't you Clintonites come up with something better than that?

Old 03-10-2008, 09:50 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Hillary has been on the world stage people. You cannot take that away from her and you know it! She's met world leaders, their wives, their families. THAT IS EXPERIENCE!!! What has Obama done ... gave a big hairy speech at a convention. Please ... yea, that qualifies him to sit at the adult table... give me a f-in break.
According to your theory -- Laura Bush who has more recent First Lady experience would be better qualified to run the country than Hillary. Laura Bush has also met world leaders, traveled, and not over 8 years ago.

Everything Hillary has achieved has been through her husband's political connections and name recognition. A type of cronyism. Obama is self-made, he's achieved positions like the US Senate on his own, unlike Hillary who without the famous lastname would be lucky to be teaching in a community college somewhere.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:38 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,015,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Obama is self-made, he's achieved positions like the US Senate on his own, unlike Hillary who without the famous lastname would be lucky to be teaching in a community college somewhere.
EXCUSE ME????? A woman who graduated from Wellesley and Yale Law School "would be lucky to be teaching in a community college somewhere"? Laura Bush was an elementary school librarian. The two women's resumes don't even begin to compare.

Before making yourself even more ridiculous, I think you need to look at Hillary's level of education, the awards, jobs and positions she had before she even married Bill.

Or would it make you feel stupid and totally inadequate?

Old 03-10-2008, 11:43 PM

154 posts, read 605,962 times
Hillary would a be very successful person without the help of Bill's coattails. Would she be a serious candidate for President of the United States? Unlikely.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:23 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,121,454 times
It's impossible to reason with zealots for B. Hussain Obama. They resort to name calling. I've been called a bigot because I'm supporting HIllary by jjordan and malamute (who amazingly had never heard about the Cuban missle crisis and showed his ignorance by denying that it happened)

Hey guys... the blacks who voted in my precinct also voted for HIllary. Are they bigots too?

Old 03-11-2008, 07:32 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,605,313 times
Quote:
I recently attended my Democratic Precinct meeting. There were 22 people there of voting age and some children. It was interesting to me that the children were for Obama but didn't know why other than they said their friends were so they thought they should be. Of the 22 voters present we took a straw poll. 19 were for Hillary, 2 were for Obama and the other said he had not made up his mind.

We were asked if Obama won the nomination would you vote for him over the Republican? Only 8 raised their hand. The others said eiither no or they would have to have more information about how Obama stands on the issues.

Then we were asked if Hillary won the nomination would you vote for her over the Republican? All 22 raised their hand.
Interesting. Branding is very powerful. I think you have illustrated why and how Obama has been so successful throughout his campaign. One counter I can provide is that of the many college students I know, a great deal of them know exactly why they support Obama over Clinton.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:36 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,121,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Interesting. Branding is very powerful. I think you have illustrated why and how Obama has been so successful throughout his campaign. One counter I can provide is that of the many college students I know, a great deal of them know exactly why they support Obama over Clinton.
. . . . and one counter I can provide is that less than 1% of the US population is in college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections