Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you vote for Trump? Will vote for him next election?
I voted for Trump, will vote for him again. 71 47.33%
I vote for Trump, will not vote for him next time. 3 2.00%
I didn't vote for Trump, but will vote for him next time. 11 7.33%
I didn't vote for Trump, and will not vote him next time. 65 43.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 09:30 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

No and No. Doubtful trump will be running again in 2020, heck he is not in the best of health now and his mental capacity seems to be slipping daily.
The GOP and Dems will Both have to find new candidates to run in 2020, and since that is 3.5 years away and many things can happen in the meantime then predicting who is running or even who wins is pure speculation and nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 04:49 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
I'm in the camp of like, Jesus Christ give the guy a break. He's going to do whatever he wants and if he puts out a body slamming CNN video (hilarious, BTW) who the hell cares? CNN has proven to be a lying, corrupt organization that was in bed with the Hillary campaign. Now they are running around losing their minds because Big Don is always 2 steps ahead of them. It's driving them crazy - and the best thing they can say are things like "He's not well!" or "He's very not presidential!"

There will never be another President that has ever used Twitter in this form ever again. And it's not going to stop anytime soon.
Anyone else old enough to remember when Americans were incensed at Richard Nixon saying, "sock it to ME?" on "Rowan and Martin's Laugh In". They called THAT un-Presidential. Now we chuckle at the lameness of it all, as we will be laughing at the body slamming stunt and twittering 30 years from now.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:05 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Anyone else old enough to remember when Americans were incensed at Richard Nixon saying, "sock it to ME?" on "Rowan and Martin's Laugh In". They called THAT un-Presidential. Now we chuckle at the lameness of it all, as we will be laughing at the body slamming stunt and twittering 30 years from now.
I doubt most here remember those days, but I do. I will say one thing though, they were not as disrespectful to our president as what we are seeing now and the insults were fewer and further between. As for a president twittering as much as Trump, that will remain to be seen. This truly may be the communications of the future. I just can't see the twittering being as childish as his.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:22 AM

783 posts, read 576,905 times
If it looks like Trump has the possibility to appoint two more conservative Supreme Court Justices in a second term, he will get reelected without issue. All the 'big tent' conservatives (and some moderates) will come back because that is as important an issue to them as there is.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:30 AM

34,062 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
If it looks like Trump has the possibility to appoint two more conservative Supreme Court Justices in a second term, he will get reelected without issue. All the 'big tent' conservatives (and some moderates) will come back because that is as important an issue to them as there is.
Correct. SC , LEO backing, military backing = 90% of the way to get my vote

Old 07-05-2017, 06:25 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
I have "2020" vision! Go Donald! A Great American President!

Old 07-05-2017, 06:36 AM

9,725 posts, read 14,266,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No and No. Doubtful trump will be running again in 2020, heck he is not in the best of health now and his mental capacity seems to be slipping daily.
The GOP and Dems will Both have to find new candidates to run in 2020, and since that is 3.5 years away and many things can happen in the meantime then predicting who is running or even who wins is pure speculation and nothing more.
He's not in the best of health? How do you know that? Mental capacity slipping? I believe you think that because he says it like it is, and is truthful. Liberals are accustomed to being coddled, lied to, and being told what they want to hear. Trump=8 years!

Old 07-05-2017, 07:08 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
He's not in the best of health? How do you know that? Mental capacity slipping? I believe you think that because he says it like it is, and is truthful. Liberals are accustomed to being coddled, lied to, and being told what they want to hear. Trump=8 years!
Old and overweight are not a good combo. Telling the truth and what trump puts out is comparing apples and oranges, being the trump supporter I do not figure you would grasp that. Nope, not gonna happen

Old 07-05-2017, 07:16 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
It will be interesting to see how the results of this poll correlate with the poll on the "Politics and Other Controversies" Forum that asked whether or not Donald Trump was mentally unstable.

So far, 2 out of every 3 voters think he is with about 300 total votes, which is quite a few, considering how these C-D polls go.

This poll has just started, but it has about 2/3 of voters saying they would reelect him while 2/3 of the other says he's nuts.

Do you think Trump is mentally unstable?
That poll was clearly a poll of anti-Trumpers who are Democrats hoping to gain traction with that "meme" that he is "mentally unstable." But they have never read the 25th Amendment, which they are counting on, which is about the President becoming incapacitated by accident or serious illness, not simply being declared "mentally unstable" by majority opinion.

As one doctor and a lawyer pointed out when asked about this question, the Lawyer clearly explained the 25th Amendment was not going to work by a majority vote, and the doctor stating that no doctor is going to claim he is mentally unstable without having examined him first.

The chances of this working are zero and none.

People claimed that Reagan was senile, mentally ill, etc, etc. ...all the same rhetoric we are hearing today. This is a tactic, and it isn't new.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:49 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
assuming the last 3.5 years feature more of the same (conserv judges nominated, strong anti ISIS position, paying attention to the working class, hard line against illegal immigration, hard line against immigration from nations with rampant everyday jihadist attacks , not caring about p.c., etc)
A strong anti-ISIS position amounts to what exactly? Are you not disappointed that Mexico isn`t going to build us a wall to cower behind? He was supposed to repeal and replace Obamacare on day 1 (one) and it would cost a "tiny fraction" (his own words) of what Obamacare costs. I love that anti p.c. thing too. Everyone should learn to mock the handicapped and brag about sexual assault. The whole world is laughing at Trump and his red hatted ku kluxxer wannabes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections