Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 07:15 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
You know what? Some people just need to get over themselves.

So black men get passed by on the street trying to hail a cab and get called the N word. I'm a white woman and I've been passed by for hours in good restaurants because they were too busy serving the men in the place (at conventions).

And women get called the C word. Which is worse? N word or C word? Do you hear me b****ing about it? Lots of people get called names. Hispanics get called the W word. Is that worse than the N word?
You are so right, people DO need to get over themselves!

Not being served in a resturant when it is crowded and seating not available does not equate to being passed by an empty available cab because of stereotypes.

Secondly, who said anything about it being right about the derogotory names that women or other minorities are called?? Its all not correct and terrible.

I was responding to what the Rev said in the interview I saw. I'm sure you just wanted to read into my comments what you wanted to but next time please don't try to put words into my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
What is worst having a president who has sex in the oval office or a person getting advise from friends related to the PLO, racists, etc. Well give me a republican but if not give me the sex scandal that is way saver and more fun to watch. Even for the rev. to mention Bill and Monica in his church has nothing to do with religion, at least the rev. could have told the members of the church how to have safe sex.lol. I guess Obama think that what the rev. is saying is religious and that is how he is brain washed. So obama doesn't realize he grew up amongst muslims in a country that has almost the largest muslim population (indonesia), his dad was a muslim and his mom really liked muslims other wise she wouldn't have lived and married them. So if Obama keeps denying all that.... Obama's wife is even a scary woman for her remarks.
Just watching this all and wait for the rest to come is horrible because it makes this country look very bad.
Is it worse than our current president saying that God told him to invade a country?

Old 03-15-2008, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Is this what it comes to? Us and them?
Obama's own mother is a part of "white America."
Wright has left the campaign, and Obama repudiated the wingnut comments.

I too am a part of "white America," which provides me with little knowledge of growing up black in a segregated society. Wright is a former Marine, he must have *some* affection for his country, and it's not as if he was preaching this junk every single Sunday.

Regardless, at this point I really wish we could get back to talking about getting out of Iraq, solving our healthcare woes and fixing the economy.
This is the reason we can't come together and move forward...internal clashes within the party and division in such a great country.

Hopefully we can move forward.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:27 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
Is it worse than our current president saying that God told him to invade a country?
I never heard that. Is there some where I can read about this being said by him? If it was said by him it is stupid but not dangerous or discriminating like what Obama's friends stand for. That is comparing apples with pears.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:04 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I never heard that. Is there some where I can read about this being said by him?.
Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God."
OTOH:
White House denies Bush God claims
So there you have it, an assertion and a denial.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:20 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
I watched Obama last night trying to say "he had not heard this type of talk"
that is right there will Bill Clinton saying
"I did not have sex with that woman"
give me a flipping break!!
I left a church 3 years ago that I had been a member of for 7 years.
I realized their teachings were not right. I had felt that way before, but I finally walked away.
I can tell you I knew what the pastors there believed because it was taught by all of them
it was not just when they were in the pulpit, it was all the time.
Look at the crowd they were wild!
This Rev Wright lived this stuff and for Obama to try to lie makes it even worse!!
Think about it, how many here only talk about politics here on line??
None of us, why? Because we are passionate about what we believe.
He needs to get honest!!
Also when Rolland Martian interviewed the current pastor, HE DEFENDED WRIGHT!!
It hurts to find out people are not who we think they are, and some folks are going to go through some agony over this.
Obama needs to hang it up one this one.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:36 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Obama needs to hang it up one this one.
This really is a lynching.

Why should Obama hang for something someone else that he knew said?

Old 03-15-2008, 10:13 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
This really is a lynching.

Why should Obama hang for something someone else that he knew said?
It's called guilt by association, a game the Republicans and DINO Hillary Clinton like to play.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:39 AM

526 posts, read 1,482,605 times
Default Church is a Personal Decision

It looks like Obama made a conscious decision to attend that church but the decision seems to be based on issues other than the reverend's pathological hatred of our country.

But then, how many pro-abortion Catholic law makers (Ted Kennedy, John Carey, Geraldine Ferraro, etc. etc.) sit through a Mass, even taking Communion, and then vote to allow the murder of the unborn? Should these politicians be ostracized because they listen to a priest denounce abortion?

That being said, at what point does a person say, this my beliefs are not in accordance with the teaching of this church - is it time to find another one or can I work within this institution to turn it around?

It's a very personal decision.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post

Thanks for posting the links!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections