Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Voting for Beto or Cruz?
Beto 67 41.61%
Cruz 89 55.28%
Neither-waiting for magical unicorn to run 5 3.11%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 10:12 AM

2,132 posts, read 2,226,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
Violent, hate filled left wing liberals are destroying America. And you ask ME why I am angery? Seriously?
Want to know why liberals are angry? Because people like you vote to prevent poor people from getting access to health care and shut down Planned Parenthood clinics, and then you have the gall to start a thread asking what we can do to help the "poor innocent babies" being born with syphilis.

So the number of babies born with syphilis doubled last year. Why could that be? Do you honestly not see any connection between the reduction in healthcare services and the increase of disease??? So many of your cruel policies are meant to punish what you see as lazy adults, but the real victims are their kids, who then grow up sick and hungry and unable to reach their potential. That's why we're angry.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:28 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthnry View Post
Want to know why liberals are angry? Because people like you vote to prevent poor people from getting access to health care and shut down Planned Parenthood clinics, and then you have the gall to start a thread asking what we can do to help the "poor innocent babies" being born with syphilis.

So the number of babies born with syphilis doubled last year. Why could that be? Do you honestly not see any connection between the reduction in healthcare services and the increase of disease??? So many of your cruel policies are meant to punish what you see as lazy adults, but the real victims are their kids, who then grow up sick and hungry and unable to reach their potential. That's why we're angry.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:47 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconndoitt View Post
Texas has plenty of addicts in rural white communities.
But let's just ignore that for the sake of starting arguments with people who aren't irrational right-wingers...

Old 09-28-2018, 03:18 AM

271 posts, read 139,805 times
H

Last edited by KathyKay44; 09-28-2018 at 03:25 AM.. Reason: Double pist

Old 09-28-2018, 03:22 AM

271 posts, read 139,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
I have an Anglo relative named Robert that grew up in the Brownsville area and he was always called 'Beto' there, but 'Bob' years later after having moved to Houston.

Anyway, the whole name thing is funny, not so much that the have nicknames or that they are some plot to get more votes, but rather that one dude with a nickname calls out some other guy for using a nickname. Really? Apparently Ted has changed his moniker multiple times - again, that is fine with me - and Beto grew up being called 'Beto', grew up and started going by Robert, then went back to Beto.

All these important political topics, though! Lets get to serious stuff, like bathrooms!
Bay-toe or Bahhh-toe? (Like the sound a goat makes )

Interesting.....

Sounds like you know him?

Was he an employee of yours?

Did he used come over to your house and mow the backyard and rake up the grass?

Old 09-29-2018, 06:38 AM

550 posts, read 368,659 times
Default The Real Beto O'Rourke

This will only interest Texans. Since the major newspapers will never report anything negative about a
Democrat, you have to read the New York Post to find out about O'Rourke's shady past:

https://nypost.com/2018/09/28/the-me...lenger-a-pass/

Old 09-29-2018, 07:15 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
Right now, Beto O'Rourke has an Obama 2008 energy around his campaign. There were a lot of shady things around Obama in 2008, and it's not surprising that the same is true of O'Rourke now. The prevailing wisdom is that Cruz will win, but this race is far closer than it needs to be and could impact Cruz down the road.

Old 09-29-2018, 12:12 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Nothing "shady" about the Twitter IPO stock purchase, it was not based on inside knowledge and the IPO was open to the public, but did violate a Nov 2012 memo, Beto became a Congressman Jan 2013, and did report it on his financial statements,

https://www.denverpost.com/2013/11/2...tock-purchase/

Morgan Stanley broker Steven Yellen purchased 100 shares of the Twitter IPO with a total value of $2,600 on O’Rourke’s behalf. Yellen sold 55 shares for $2,387 the same day and O’Rourke retains 45 shares – now valued at $1,878, according to a letter O’Rourke sent to the Ethics Committee. He provided a copy of the letter to the El Paso Times.

But O’Rourke said that when he contacted the Ethics Committee after learning of the possible violation, he was told the law was unclear on whether investments such as his run afoul of the law.

“I asked if I had violated the law or ethics rules,” O’Rourke said. “He said that’s not clear.”

A congressional staffer who asked not to be named because he’s not authorized to speak publicly about the matter agreed. The staffer doesn’t work for O’Rourke.

“It’s such a brand-new requirement that that provision is not clear,” he said.

It is the first case to come before the committee involving a 2012 law that prohibits members of Congress from participating in initial public offerings, or IPOs, “other than what is available to members of the public generally,” s

Last edited by katzpaw; 09-29-2018 at 12:22 PM..

Old 09-29-2018, 04:18 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Anyone know how you pronounce Beto?

Is it BEEto
or BAYto?

Old 09-29-2018, 04:21 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
I am watching Hulu.
Series about Australian pathologist
Ioan Gryffudd starts
Beto commercials air almost every time there is a break
No Ted Cruz at all. From what I have seen on Hulu
I am 70 and watch Hulu quite often
I am a Dem voter as well

I don't know how the Beto group decided to spend their money on Hulu ads vs other media
I see them on cable
See Cruz's ads there as well
No Cruz on Hulu--
Younger demographic?
But seniors trying to save money are going to streaming vs cable ==
Just thought it was interesting
Same ad
Would like some variety but it's Beto so that is OK...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections