Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 09:04 PM

30,378 posts, read 19,177,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...urke-6310.html

Lol the O’Rourke “phenomenon “ sputtered out fast
I think Soros should give all of his remaining money to Beto in the false hope of victory.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:06 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,874 times
Maybe Texans are simply tired of seeing his Bernie-imitating arm motions on his TV ads.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:07 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Here's the thing.

Beto's voters love him. They love him.

Cruz's supporters, for the most part, hold their noses and vote for him because he's an R, and that's their party.

Seems like a good time to post this again:

Q: Why does everyone take an instant disliking to Ted Cruz?
A: Saves time.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:09 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Here's the thing.

Beto's voters love him. They love him.

Yep, they love him. They just can't tell you why.

Q - "What are his accomplishments?"
A - "Well, he got a DWI"

Old 10-25-2018, 10:08 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Yep, they love him. They just can't tell you why.

Q - "What are his accomplishments?"
A - "Well, he got a DWI"
Actually, I can tell you why. I think all Beto voters can typically tell you why.

He's about being humane. And having Texas known for being humane.

And I stood in the poring rain, with hundreds of others yesterday to cheer him on in a voting stop that wasn't advertised ahead of time in Austin, and he drove up and addressed the crowd in the poring rain although his voice was completely gone.

Make America kind again.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:34 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Actually, I can tell you why. I think all Beto voters can typically tell you why.

And I stood in the poring rain, with hundreds of others yesterday to cheer him on in a voting stop that wasn't advertised ahead of time in Austin, and he drove up and addressed the crowd in the poring rain although his voice was completely gone.

Make America kind again.
What's stopping you from being kind on your own? Why do liberals need the government to be kind? To help people? There's something poetic about a bunch of Austin liberals standing out in the rain to cheer on Beto... something about not being smart enough to get out of the rain or something like that.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:36 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dville121 View Post
i dont think anyone seriously thought he would win. the problem is the wins continue to get smaller and smaller.

eventually itll end up going blue just based off of demographics
There are TONS if his supporters who honestly believed he would win by a landslide, they still do.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:51 PM

55 posts, read 47,881 times
Exclamation "Kindness" is subjective, and it doesn't protect your Constitutional Rights

Quote:

Make America kind again.
Agreed. We can never have enough kindness. Yet, I don't feel it is unreasonable for candidates to be asked what they are actually doing/have done/plan to do to address current, serious issues. Just explain what he proposes for the issues he claims to stand behind. Is he going to be at the southern border welcoming thousands of non-US residents who insist upon U.S. entry and quell them with kindess? He is for open borders. This "caravan" would be the beginning. Where does he propose everyone should be placed? He isn't clear on illegal status of "DACA dreamers." That is a cold slap in the face for those of us and our beloveds who did due diligence in becoming citizens. This includes learning the language of the newly adopted country.

Whenever asked about Beto's accomplishments, the response of his supporters defaults into a defensive tone. Some even escalate immediately to voicing their dislike of Ted Cruz, which is often followed by a jab at Donald Trump. My impression is that he makes people feel good about themselves. Nothing wrong with that. Just doesn't have my confidence for protecting our freedoms that this country was founded upon.

And please realize, it wasn't "kindness" that brought home Pastor Brunson or the boys from North Korea. Kindness is not going to resuscitate the economy or fund healthcare. And "kindness" is debatable. When I saw a copy of the police report stating that Beto attempted to walk away from a hit and run, only to be stopped by one of the witnesses, that was a BIG red flag alert. Tell me what is "kind" about a person who walks away from an accident that he caused by driving drunk?

Last edited by CoffeeandNatureWalks; 10-25-2018 at 10:56 PM.. Reason: to correct mis-use of the word "confident"

Old 10-25-2018, 10:53 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,585,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dville121 View Post
i dont think anyone seriously thought he would win. the problem is the wins continue to get smaller and smaller.

eventually itll end up going blue just based off of demographics
lol - we've been hearing about the whole demographic thing since the Reagan administration, but yet it doesn't materialize at the polls. Maybe, just maybe, those folks you are counting on to always vote "D" are actually smarter than you give them credit for.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Disappointed the Dallas Morning News endorsed him, but I guess I shouldn't be. They,like so many other papers are leaning to the left more each day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections