Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2019, 10:59 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,403,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Trump will hold the disaffected working class because they voted for him. They put him in office but they don’t have a clue what he is doing or how he is running the country or dealing with our (former) allies. All they care about are the snarky stuff he tweets and the cr*p he throws out at his rallies. They like the bully attitude.

Also, many of those people who are sorry they voted for him can’t admit, even to themselves, all the huge mistakes he is making. There is an area in the panhandle of Florida called the “Redneck Riviera.” Trump voters have turned our White House and our federal government into just that—Redneck heaven.

Trump’s supporters think he is “one of them.” He’s not. Granted, he is trashy as can be, but he was born to rich parents. The really sad part of it is Trump is playing them for fools, to the detriment of all of us.
It's the sad truth , all about winning .
Most of them think they are at a wrestling match.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Trump won because we recognize he's a winner and he believes in our country and the citizens in it. Defending our country against known enemies, not killing people of other nations over a downed drone, and doubling down on the American dream. You might not know this, but we really like the guy. Whether we are educated, red neck (your slur) or standing the line as a soldier it does not matter. We are citizens and we like our wine room temp and our beer ice cold. 2020 is going to be epic.
Lordy , lordy , what is there to say to this?

Old 10-14-2019, 11:02 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
Trump won because white people finally woke up and realized the democrats have been actively trying to replace them for the past 50 years (the "Great Replacement"). Mexicans throughout, Muslims in Minnesota, Asians throughout California, African "refugees". Some whites are proud enough to resist having their birthright taken from them.
Since that is how you feel, I want you to think about this. It confirms what I've suspected all along. And I'm specifically talking about the ZEALOTS among those who voted for Trump, not every person who voted for Trump.

Europeans from Europe can come here if they want to. Refugees from Europe can come here if they so please. St. Louis metro area has the largest Bosnian population outside of the homeland. The reason not many Germans, Swedes, and English are coming here is because many don't feel the need to come. In fact,with the EU in existence, many Europeans just go to other European countries. With the British Commonwealth in existence, some English people just go to New Zealand or Canada.

There is no concerted effort to replace White people. Nothing is stopping Europeans from coming here. Nothing is stopping White people from having more kids. The difference is more non-White groups are allowed to come here. If that bothers you, then perhaps it confirms what I said about the zealot types.

Now, what is bothersome is the relative lack of enforcement in terms of illegals coming here. That is an issue, and it's something all Americans can get behind.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:05 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,837,072 times
You won because enough democrats didn't like Hillary Clinton and stayed home.

You will lose because you have mistaken a map for a mandate.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Liberals such as yourself calling those professions "deplorable" is a reason that so many voted for Trump. Hillary lost not just because she was a lousy candidate, not just because she was a liar and a crook, not just because her "ideas" were aimed at harming America and American citizens-she also lost because she chose to insult half the population of this nation. She attacks and insults working Americans, taxpayers, and wonders just why those same people refuse to vote for her? And no one in the Democraptic party seems to be able to learn from this.
Voting for Trump due to being called a deplorable is weak sauce man, weak ,but America
does have a huge class of poorly educated people so I guess it is possible.

Is it then Trump's nasty name calling of his opponents that made Trump win? if
one uses same logic it must be and then what does that say about Americans? hmm.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:09 AM

628 posts, read 663,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Since that is how you feel, I want you to think about this. It confirms what I've suspected all along. And I'm specifically talking about the ZEALOTS among those who voted for Trump, not every person who voted for Trump.

Europeans from Europe can come here if they want to. Refugees from Europe can come here if they so please. St. Louis metro area has the largest Bosnian population outside of the homeland. The reason not many Germans, Swedes, and English are coming here is because many don't feel the need to come. In fact,with the EU in existence, many Europeans just go to other European countries. With the British Commonwealth in existence, some English people just go to New Zealand or Canada.

There is no concerted effort to replace White people. Nothing is stopping Europeans from coming here. Nothing is stopping White people from having more kids. The difference is more non-White groups are allowed to come here. If that bothers you, then perhaps it confirms what I said about the zealot types.

Now, what is bothersome is the relative lack of enforcement in terms of illegals coming here. That is an issue, and it's something all Americans can get behind.
research the 1965 Immigration Act. Also, research available census figures. Then you will get the picture.

I can't post a full reply because big brother will just delete any facts or statistics I post that don't align with their pro-left narrative.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:12 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
Trump won because white people finally woke up and realized the democrats have been actively trying to replace them for the past 50 years (the "Great Replacement"). Mexicans throughout, Muslims in Minnesota, Asians throughout California, African "refugees". Some whites are proud enough to resist having their birthright taken from them.
I think this is an over-simplification of the issue. I don't know if there is some vast conspiracy to replace or get rid of white people per se. I will say that if we're being objective here is that the Dems have a long term game plan. They have lost the middle class white male voter, for the most part. The are acting in a sycophant matter and bending over backwards pandering for the Latino vote. They see them as a huge potential voting block, it's about the only thing that really explains the blatant pandering, I've sat on it for a while and thought of it from every angle. It's about the only thing that makes any real sense. That and cheap labor, which is why both parties haven't done squat about border enforcement, they want cheap labor and for the dems they think it will also parlay into votes.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:14 AM

20,836 posts, read 17,115,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Honey, if you want to be a citizen from a respected country I am afraid Trump just
blew all your dreams up and away to the moon. No sir, this will not happen
as Trump has sullied the nation reputation even worse that Bush did.

So no , what has been going on the last 3 years under dear leader has not
brought any respect to being an American. The world is laughing at us , well not the
east block countries , they are finally getting the world to play by their corrupt rules thanks to Trump.
We have differing world views. I've always been respected as an American and now more so. The only place that is not true is anywhere near Los Angeles.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:14 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,121,077 times
Trump is like the Golden Calf to all the red hats..

Old 10-14-2019, 11:15 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,379,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm in my early 30s, just moved to Alabama from Georgia. I was specifically speaking of "hardcore" Trump supporters. There are Trump supporters, and then there are the hardcore, most loyal Trump supporters.

I agree that Black Americans are doing better than they were many years ago (and by that, I mean back in the 60s). Things have gotten better, but there is still a ways to go. There are many people who aren't prejudice. At the same time, there are still many who hold bigoted views. And the way things are today, it isn't as up front and "in your face" as it was back in the 60s. This aren't at the level they used to be, but there are still some people who pine for the 50s.

There are individuals who do harbor some anger and resentment, and see Trump as the person voicing it. I don't watch the news much if I can help it. I barely watch TV anymore. I do many things outside of CD. I see life like this. While there are many good people out there, some people save their vitriol for the internet. I think about the persons who have posted on facebook some of their own anger and vitriol.

My point is this. Among the most loyal of Trump supporters, Trump resonates well among those who harbor reserves of resentment and anger. The question is WHY. I say that it's about the way Trump is.

Good points about the anger and resentment harbored by Trump supporters. I personally believe that their resentment is fueled by their inferiority complexes. For some reason, they feel less than people they consider “the elites.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections