Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 09:01 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,873 times

Advertisements

Well, you won't hear him ragged on by the main stream media on his dopey-isms. They are on the messiah-express along with all the other really "caring" Americans (dems).

Just think how the media vilified poor old Dan Quayle after that spud remark. They tarred him with it and it worked, the general public began to believe that he was a dumbo, which he was not. Then they vilified him for the Murphy Brown comment. Looking back on that it really is astonishing. He just said it was a better situation for a baby to be brought into this world with 2 parents. How DUMB!

The more I hear from Obama, the less I care for him (not personally). He is a mini-marxist...I'm convinced after hearing his last few pandering talks....He is a bad extemporaneous (sp?) speaker what with the um, ahahaha, uhhhh, a, er, stuff, he's becoming very annoying, his wife is a, how can I delicately say...b*tch, and finally he is a major wussy, whining about people that dare to comment on pretty much anything he says or does. He's very soft and I don't like that in men or presidents. Hil on the other hand (I can't believe I'm saying this) is tough as nails...much tougher than he. I'd take her ANY day over him. Wow, I can't believe I just said that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 01:37 AM

524 posts, read 839,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
He's very soft and I don't like that in men or presidents. Hil on the other hand (I can't believe I'm saying this) is tough as nails...much tougher than he. I'd take her ANY day over him. Wow, I can't believe I just said that!
I hate to say it too but I'd have to agree. If I had to choose one or the other, at least we know she won't take any s***.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:54 AM

252 posts, read 390,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Hysterical!!!!!!!!!

This is why I have such a hard time understanding why anyone would vote for him and his vague "hope and change" message. The guys is "dumb as a stump". He and old Bushy are on par as regards the dumb scale.
Maybe the same people who would buy the "Pocket Fisherman"...

Old 05-22-2008, 06:36 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htmlfamily View Post
Maybe the same people who would buy the "Pocket Fisherman"...
Or Mister Microphone ... "hey good lookin' I'll be back to pick you up later!"

Old 05-22-2008, 06:46 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,465,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayamyers View Post
What about the Hillary's Gaffes? No one mentioned those...at least Obama didn't flat out LIE.
Remember the "I landed in Bosnia under sniper fire and had to run for my life"? incident from Hillary...yeah... i rather he mispeaking every once in a while, than him flat out lying and thinking you can get away with it...Does any one have a list of Hillary's gaffes? I bet you is a mile long....
Really! Getting facts mixed up is one thing but LYING is another. Hillary has quite the imagination with that sniper story, not to mention her foreign policy lies. I think she had about 8 lies on just the sniper story only and Lord only knows how many more we don't know about. Once a liar always a liar. Thank goodness she won't get the nomination. I shutter to think of her as my President.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:54 AM

915 posts, read 3,181,149 times
funny how people are so crazy and following the masses into this smoke and mirror presidential nominee that probably ended up another hole that is deeper than now. Look at the people that really voted for him:

1) well-off upper class people : They could careless about rest of the country as long they getting their fat paychecks from corporations
2) Blacks: need I say more on this?
3) College kids: following the masses like them MTV creating a dumb reality show where people are just following the masses without thinking about the current events.."oh I am so cool cos' i have an Obama's sticker cliche"
4) men that hated woman to be leader: so people just stucked in the 19th century mindset

Let's all join Obama Fan Club!!! lol..idiots

Old 05-22-2008, 08:23 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,121,052 times
More Obama "Convienience" Lies:

BHO: "I Didn't Run Ads In Florida prior to the primary" - Another Technicality but FALSE Some Ads that ran on Florida TV stations and national cable channels directed at Florida voters were paid for by Obama's PAC. Some ads were paid for by other PACS and groups like moveon.com. For 2 weeks prior to the disputed FL primary, Obama ads ran an average of 12 times a day on TV in the Orlando market and 16 times a day in the Miami area.

BHO: "My service in the state senate in Illinois is well documented. I passed 900 bills in the senate" This is a "big WHOPPER" ABSOLUTELY FALSE BHO actually only passed 26 bills in the IL state senate, most of them either co-authored or written by subordinates. In his entire IL senate career BHO didn't even vote on 900 bills!

BHO: "I have written and passed bills in the US Senate". Plural being the operative word- FALSE because only one bill written by Obama has passed in the senate. It had to do with aide to Africa. He wrote several which were discarded, rejected or didn't get out of committee. He was chided and criticized for ambiguous langage and pandering on two of his bills by committee chairmen.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:31 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
I'm noticing a trend here with Obamabobs. They are all referring to Wonderboy, "well after 8 years of W", "at least it's not going to be W. How silly is this? Well no doo sherlock, it's not going to be Wonderboy again because he's a lame duck president. BO will do nothing in Washington DC except make a nice speech here and there and look good for the camera. McCain ... well, he's an old fart who needs a nap. He's more moderate than el Presidente Cheney. But the GOP will follow lock step and vote for him no matter what.

But attention Obamabobs ... Wonderboy is no longer eligible for the presidency, so when you all say "well, at least he'll be better than Bush", wellllllllllll Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Old 05-22-2008, 12:35 PM

524 posts, read 839,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
Really! Getting facts mixed up is one thing but LYING is another. Hillary has quite the imagination with that sniper story, not to mention her foreign policy lies. I think she had about 8 lies on just the sniper story only and Lord only knows how many more we don't know about. Once a liar always a liar. Thank goodness she won't get the nomination. I shutter to think of her as my President.
Did you read the beginning of the post? This isn't lying?

http://article.nationalreview.com/images/bullet_blue.gif (broken link) Last March, the Chicago Tribune reported this little-noticed nugget about a fake autobiographical detail in Obama’s Dreams from My Father: “Then, there’s the copy of Life magazine that Obama presents as his racial awakening at age 9. In it, he wrote, was an article and two accompanying photographs of an African-American man physically and mentally scarred by his efforts to lighten his skin. In fact, the Life article and the photographs don’t exist, say the magazine’s own historians.

http://article.nationalreview.com/images/bullet_blue.gif (broken link) And in perhaps the most seriously troubling set of gaffes of them all, Obama told a Portland crowd over the weekend that Iran doesn’t “pose a serious threat to us” — cluelessly arguing that “tiny countries” with small defense budgets can’t do us harm — and then promptly flip-flopped the next day, claiming, “I’ve made it clear for years that the threat from Iran is grave.”

Old 05-23-2008, 07:10 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post
Oh, man. This is comedy gold! Is this guy really dumber than Bush? He certainly appears to be at least on par.

These are actual quotes from the new Jim Jones, Barack Hussein Obama:

http://article.nationalreview.com/images/bullet_blue.gif (broken link) Last May, he claimed that tornadoes in Kansas killed a whopping 10,000 people: “In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed.” The actual death toll: 12.

http://article.nationalreview.com/images/bullet_blue.gif (broken link) Earlier this month in Oregon, he redrew the map of the United States: “Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.

http://article.nationalreview.com/images/bullet_blue.gif (broken link) Last week, in front of a roaring Sioux Falls, S.D., audience, Obama exulted: “Thank you, Sioux City. ... I said it wrong. I’ve been in Iowa for too long. I’m sorry.”

http://article.nationalreview.com/images/bullet_blue.gif (broken link) Explaining last week why he was trailing Hillary Clinton in Kentucky, Obama again botched basic geography: “Sen. Clinton, I think, is much better known, coming from a nearby state of Arkansas. So it’s not surprising that she would have an advantage in some of those states in the middle.” On what map is Arkansas closer to Kentucky than Illinois?

http://article.nationalreview.com/images/bullet_blue.gif (broken link) Obama has as much trouble with numbers as he has with maps. Last March, on the anniversary of the Bloody Sunday march in Selma, Ala., he claimed his parents united as a direct result of the civil rights movement: “There was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Ala., because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born.”

Obama was born in 1961. The Selma march took place in 1965. His spokesman, Bill Burton, later explained that Obama was “speaking metaphorically about the civil-rights movement as a whole.”

http://article.nationalreview.com/images/bullet_blue.gif (broken link) Earlier this month in Cape Girardeau, Mo., Obama showed off his knowledge of the war in Afghanistan by homing in on a lack of translators: “We only have a certain number of them, and if they are all in Iraq, then it’s harder for us to use them in Afghanistan.” The real reason it’s “harder for us to use them” in Afghanistan: Iraqis speak Arabic or Kurdish. The Afghanis speak Pashto, Farsi, or other non-Arabic languages.

http://article.nationalreview.com/images/bullet_blue.gif (broken link) Over the weekend in Oregon, Obama pleaded ignorance of the decades-old, multibillion-dollar massive Hanford nuclear-waste cleanup: “Here’s something that you will rarely hear from a politician, and that is that I’m not familiar with the Hanford, uuuuhh, site, so I don’t know exactly what’s going on there. (Applause.) Now, having said that, I promise you I’ll learn about it by the time I leave here on the ride back to the airport.”

I assume on that ride, a staffer reminded him that he’s voted on at least one defense-authorization bill that addressed the “costs, schedules, and technical issues” dealing with the nation’s most contaminated nuclear-waste site.

http://article.nationalreview.com/images/bullet_blue.gif (broken link) Last March, the Chicago Tribune reported this little-noticed nugget about a fake autobiographical detail in Obama’s Dreams from My Father: “Then, there’s the copy of Life magazine that Obama presents as his racial awakening at age 9. In it, he wrote, was an article and two accompanying photographs of an African-American man physically and mentally scarred by his efforts to lighten his skin. In fact, the Life article and the photographs don’t exist, say the magazine’s own historians.

http://article.nationalreview.com/images/bullet_blue.gif (broken link) And in perhaps the most seriously troubling set of gaffes of them all, Obama told a Portland crowd over the weekend that Iran doesn’t “pose a serious threat to us” — cluelessly arguing that “tiny countries” with small defense budgets can’t do us harm — and then promptly flip-flopped the next day, claiming, “I’ve made it clear for years that the threat from Iran is grave.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Michelle Malkin on Barack Obama on National Review Online
Great job of pulling some of this together. . . should be a sticky thread at the top for future additions. He's able to read but once this guy gets off the teleprompter he turns into a comedians dream!

Another example of the bias of the mainstream media; misspell potato and it's nightly news fodder. Think there are 59 states in the US and the media goes silent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections