Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 05:50 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,994,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
When you have NO defense BRING UP CLINTON!
Yeah, like you don't do the same when something is written about The Messiah.

I do think it is interesting that calling his wife the "c" word (if he actually did that) is viewed by the dems/libs as worse than repeatedly lying, cheating and humiliating your wife in front of the WHOLE WORLD.

Call me crazy.

Old 06-21-2008, 06:00 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,441,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, like you don't do the same when something is written about The Messiah.

I do think it is interesting that calling his wife the "c" word (if he actually did that) is viewed by the dems/libs as worse than repeatedly lying, cheating and humiliating your wife in front of the WHOLE WORLD.

Call me crazy.
Here's McCain at a town hall refusing to answer when asked:

YouTube - Did John McCain Call His Wife A C**t?

Baptist Minister Asks McCain: "Did You Call Your Wife A C**t?" (VIDEO) - Politics on The Huffington Post

Quote:
Three reporters from Arizona, on the condition of anonymity, also let me in on another incident involving McCain's intemperateness. In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, "You're getting a little thin up there." McCain's face reddened, and he responded, "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you c***." McCain's excuse was that it had been a long day.
The above is from the book...'The Real McCain"

Old 06-21-2008, 07:06 PM

So no real evidence? Three anonymous reporters? Please. I'd like them to come forward and actually make the accusation - instead of just rumors and inuendo.

Why would he answer a question like that? Same video in case you didn't notice. What a bunch of bunk. I'm sure the person who wrote that book is unbiased, objective and does not have an agenda. NOT

How did Obama answer the question of Michelle using the word whitey? He didn't actually, did he? He just hemmed and hawed about how unfounded, baseless rumors get started and swirl on the net. Not really a denial.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:15 PM
mga

230 posts, read 397,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Why, it's John McCain

If he weren't surrounded by reporters at the time, he would have denied it. Thus far, Mr. McCain has not.

When Cindy started playing with his hair and said it was thinning, he turned red-faced and said, "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you c--t." Wow.

I can't wait for him to blow up like this on national television.

Maybe this will help Hillary supporters make their decision on who to vote for. That, and vowing to overturn Row vs. Wade. Or maybe cheating on his disabled wife and leaving her for a younger woman.

Will the real John McCain stand up | World news | The Guardian
LOL.....you're really going to quote "the Guardian" as a reliable source of information??? hell, man, you might as well read The National Enquirer...it's more accurate than The Guardian.

freakin liberals...if it's in print, then it must be true.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:28 PM

956 posts, read 1,236,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
It's amazing how conservatives dismiss the "c" word incident which is backed up by facts but obsessively harp on Michelle using the word "whitey" which I have yet to see proof of.
And you, of course, have proof that McCain said this? I don't buy it for a minute. It's simply not his style.

Please provide a link to a reliable news source and better yet provide a link to a video of McCain saying it. Otherwise it's preposterous nonsense and I'd venture to guess that he never said anything even closely resembling what you suggest.

But it does show just how low some can sink in a vain attempt to bring down a man who's integrity soars above the likes of Barack Obama. I don't think you can crawl much deeper than this, but keep working on it.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:01 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,294,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
And you, of course, have proof that McCain said this? I don't buy it for a minute. It's simply not his style.

Please provide a link to a reliable news source and better yet provide a link to a video of McCain saying it. Otherwise it's preposterous nonsense and I'd venture to guess that he never said anything even closely resembling what you suggest.

But it does show just how low some can sink in a vain attempt to bring down a man who's integrity soars above the likes of Barack Obama. I don't think you can crawl much deeper than this, but keep working on it.
You have the sources, except, no source is reliable to you unless it praises your candidate. I happen to give Fox News and other conservative news commentators their due (i.e. Rush, Larry Elder, etc.) if they criticize Obama for things he actually did like with his "holding on to guns and religion statement" but you ultra conservatives (I happen to be a moderate, NOT A LIBERAL) wouldn't admit to a flaw if it came up and slapped you in the face and then bit you on the butt. It's quite sad.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:19 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,215,188 times
oh good grief
this thread is funny
you are trying to say this happened how many years ago?
and the reporters do not want to come forward?

Old 06-21-2008, 08:20 PM

956 posts, read 1,236,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
You have the sources, except, no source is reliable to you unless it praises your candidate. I happen to give Fox News and other conservative news commentators their due (i.e. Rush, Larry Elder, etc.) if they criticize Obama for things he actually did like with his "holding on to guns and religion statement" but you ultra conservatives (I happen to be a moderate, NOT A LIBERAL) wouldn't admit to a flaw if it came up and slapped you in the face and then bit you on the butt. It's quite sad.
Where in my post do you see anything that would lead you to believe I am an "ultra conservative"?

The fact is, I am not ... far from it! But the fact also is that nothing that has been written in this thread is a fact and it's just typical of the banter that is put "out there" about BOTH candidates that is simply not productive.

There are so many important, serious issues to be discussed and none of them include this sort of smearing of any candidate. It doesn't help anyone decide who is the better candidate.

You may be surprised to learn that I don't think McCain is even a near perfect candidate. We don't have one. But he is simply the better candidate of the two. I am a news and political junkie who reads everything I can get my hands on. When a slime email arrives in my inbox about either candidate I research it immediately to try to find out if there is any truth behind it.

Sadly, there's a lot of proof out there that Obama is just not ready for prime time. Away from the talking points, without the teleprompter, he falters and somehow his words often contradict other statements he has made in speeches written for him. For 4 years he has been groomed for this day and he talks the talk quite well, but he is just not ready, he has zero experience and he is sorely lacking in judgment. At a time so terribly critical for all of us, when the lives of every American are on the line, this is not the time to put a rookie into the Presidency. He's barely gotten his feet wet as a Senator!!!!

And spreading slime about a candidate with no proof serves no purpose whatsoever.

P.S. Perhaps you missed my request for a "reliable" source. There are no names given, this supposedly happened in 1992 and 16 years later there are 3 nameless women who remember it verbatim? C'mon!!!! Georgia Dem is right ... it's actually funny.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:45 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,173,619 times
I think anyone would've remembered that shocking, disgusting tirade. It is important if you believe women deserve respect as human beings...obviously McCain doesn't.

If you did any research yourself you would've found MANY sites that give this information.

And McCain never has denied it. Why is it so unbelievable? He has a reputation for being a hot tempered rude A-hole.
Report: McCain's Profane Tirade At His Wife

stumble digg reddit del.ico.us news trust

Raw Story | Nick Juliano | April 7, 2008 12:11 PM

Read More: Cindy McCain, John McCain, John McCain 2008, John McCain Angry, John McCain Curse, John McCain Swear, John McCain Temper, John McCain Wife, Breaking Politics News

Show your support.
Buzz this article up.
Buzz up!

Like this story? Get Alerts of big news events. Enter your email address

John McCain's temper is well documented. He's called opponents and colleagues "****heads," "*******s" and in at least one case "a ****ing jerk."...
Three reporters from Arizona, on the condition of anonymity, also let me in on another incident involving McCain's intemperateness. In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, "You're getting a little thin up there." McCain's face reddened, and he responded, "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you c--t." McCain's excuse was that it had been a long day. If elected president of the United States, McCain would have many long days.
Read the whole story here.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:50 PM

Again, you are just regurgitating this story. It is all one in the same. No proof, no evidence, no video - just some anonymous reporters. How silly.

Quote:
You have the sources, except, no source is reliable to you unless it praises your candidate.
Where is your video/audio of McCain actually saying it? Why would you believe a left-wing report of anonymous sources saying he did?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections