Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2008, 08:33 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
No such tape exists. Michelle Obama has not spoken from the pulpit at Trinity and has not used that word.
Yes, I know what HIS website says.

A clever parsing or words, imho.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:39 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yes, I know what HIS website says.

A clever parsing or words, imho.
Yes, on HIS website - directly addressing the rumor.

NO SUCH TAPE EXISTS

What more do you need him to say?

Old 06-22-2008, 08:40 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
As usual you are not paying attention. IF the republicans had the tape, why would they put it out now? If they did, that would give an opening to Hill&Bill at the convention. We would rather go against Obama than Hill&Bill.

Follow along - So IF it exists, the smart strategy would be to.hold.it.for.an.October.surprise - clear?

I noticed that Newtoli didn't include my musings that IF a tape exists one would have a reasonable expectation that others would be able to get a hold of it (clinton). But, maybe not, since I heard that the church pulled all the tapes from the store.

You make an assumption that since it hasn't aired, it doesn't exist.

I would not count on that.

Re: McCain's foul language

You make an assumption that since it hasn't aired, it doesn't exist.
I would not count on that.

That's why you're catching a little heat here Sanrene - because you apply that statement to the "whitey tape", yet attack anyone who uses the same logic when it comes to an issue against McCain. You can't have it both ways.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:01 AM

1,354 posts, read 4,091,373 times
McCain isn't a nice man. His policies may be more palatable to those of us who believe in individual responsibility--except for the pro-life thing but I suspect that is just talk--

Obama seems to be a genuinely decent man with too limited a constituency, too many wrongheaded ideas, and too little experience.

Now I have to go into the voting booth-hold my nose-and vote for---????

Old 06-22-2008, 11:33 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,264,488 times
"What Kind of Guy Would Call His Wife the C-Word?"

A not very nice or decent one, or very politic one. To say such a nasty thing directly to his wife, in public no less, reveals some deep seated hatred towards her and probably all women. At least these other low-lifes have the decency to not publicly humiliate their wives, no matter how they treat them privately.

I have never understood why political wives stand by their men when so publicly humiliated. It seems they have no self-respect. If I were one of them, I'd tell the low-life he's on his own - go face the music, I'm not going to be an enabler and I've been humiliated enough by association with you. I guess the power and status means more to them than being treated with respect.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:06 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,053,820 times
Sorry folks McCain is a Man's Man and Obama isn't. Just watch Howard Stern and you will see that our future president has many who support his position on woman. Get use to it times are about to change and being a man will be king again in America. No abortion and no dignity unless your man gives it to you.

McCain in O8 today and for the future.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:26 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
If it never happened, why did McCain refuse to answer the question?
Mr. McCain has made it clear that he generally does not respond to rumor and innuendo. So why would he respond to this? It doesn't deserve an answer.

If someone comes forward with proof that he said it, or if Cindy reports that he said it, then I'm sure he will address it. Unless and until that time, I am thankful he does not.

The interesting thing about this so called Michelle tape which may or may not exist is that the speech was not made from the pulpit of Trinity Church. So Obama has cleverly spun that on his website.

At this point in time there is no more validity of the tape than there is to these ridiculous rumors of McCain using the "C" word. In both cases, I'll believe it when and if proof comes forth.

But for anyone here to take this nonsense at face value with no proof whatsoever and base their feelings about McCain or Obama strictly on either is just bad judgment (something Obama knows a lot about). Fortunately my decision is clear because there are so many more important issues I stand so far apart from Obama on and, most importantly, I don't want a man so completely lacking in good judgement to be my President.

Quote:
McCain isn't a nice man. His policies may be more palatable to those of us who believe in individual responsibility--except for the pro-life thing but I suspect that is just talk--

Obama seems to be a genuinely decent man with too limited a constituency, too many wrongheaded ideas, and too little experience.
Tama, you base this conclusion on what exactly???????

Old 06-22-2008, 12:29 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Sorry folks McCain is a Man's Man and Obama isn't. Just watch Howard Stern and you will see that our future president has many who support his position on woman. Get use to it times are about to change and being a man will be king again in America. No abortion and no dignity unless your man gives it to you.

OOHHH! A MAN'S MAN! Only means he probably farts in public.

OK, big King Man, what do you intend to do with all those uppity women who think they are human and deserve human rights?

Beat then into submission like so many of you do now?

And if they can't get abortions will you big King Men FINALLY stand up , act like responsible adults and PAY for your own children?

Will you NOW earn enough so your little slavey wife can stay home and still have electricity and food???

Howard Stern...your hero......

Old 06-22-2008, 12:31 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post

Howard Stern is an idiot. he will never rise above the pedistal that he puts himself on. And if McCain follows his beliefs then he will never get much higher either. Now go get your club and head back to your cave.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:37 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,053,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

OOHHH! A MAN'S MAN! Only means he probably farts in public.

OK, big King Man, what do you intend to do with all those uppity women who think they are human and deserve human rights?

Beat then into submission like so many of you do now?

And if they can't get abortions will you big King Men FINALLY stand up , act like responsible adults and PAY for your own children?

Will you NOW earn enough so your little slavey wife can stay home and still have electricity and food???

Howard Stern...your hero......
Yup Howard Stern and John McCain rock and our American way of life fifty years ago was a darn lot better then today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections