Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2008, 05:19 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,053,820 times

Advertisements

Ok as one who spends time posting anti McCain stuff these day after having done so about Clinton and Obama I think it may be time to put this thread on the back burner. Anti McCain folks let it roll for awhile and bring it back if and when they bring Wright back.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:21 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
How goofy for this stupid thread that means nothing getting all these hits and keeps getting bumped to the top.
There is nothing worse then someone being hateful to their spouse, woman or man.
But for the liberals on this board to bump this up like it is meaningful is hilarious.
I see many parents at school, since I have been head room mother for both my kids each year I see a lot more then most when it comes to spouse attacks. I hear it from the kids, I hear it from the teachers and I hear it from the moms and or dad.
I can tell you this is nothing, nothing at all.
You should focus and build a thread that no matter liberal or conservative you need to be a parent first, I see kids faces, I talk to kids who dont get hugs or have decent clothes on but the mommies come in wearing 200 outfits and the kids has a t shirt on. I see the dads driving 50k trucks and the kid need a pair of shoes.
What people dont know is that we have millions of fatherless homes and if your going to be man enough to have babies you should be man enough to stay the heck home and be a dad. These kids are almost always at the bottom of the rung in grades, attendance and every category all because the mom or dad are not being parents to the kids they had.

So yes, abuse is sad, but you know what, look at McCains kids, very accomplished kids who are doing well, reason mommy and daddy were mommy and daddy, that is YOUR DAMN JOB!
Sure there has never been one perfect marriage I have ever know of when someone doesnt say something stupid, and you people make this out like it is the worse thing in the world.

Look at your kids and look at the McCain kids, lets see who is getting abused. Do you know where your kids are, what they are doing?

You cannot judge the McCain untruths unless you are in there footsteps and know that it was acutally said and why it was said.

I know many here love to see this continue on to make McCain look like a terrible hubby, but heck many dont even know where your hubby is let alone talk about something out of context that only the McCains really know what was meant by it even if it was said.

Be a spouse, be a parent, do good things for and with your kids, then you can earn the right to judge someone elses marriage and words spoken. Until then you have no idea.

Sorry to say this but I see it at school, people (parents ) complaining about other kids when their kid is one of the worse ones in the class.

What will Obama and or McCain do to get daddys home with the kids they made? Do we have to start arresting fathers to do their job? Look around folks, kids are the ones who are suffering for lack of decent parents and split homes are notorious for having kids with problems.

What happened to the liberals big talk when Clinton was committing adultery and said " That is personal, its none of our business what they do behind close doors" but now its the liberals who have changed their minds and attacking McCain when they dont even know if it was said and what it meant.
yoohoooooo!!!

W E aren't campaigning for the presidency......the Clinton presidency is over ....

Duhhhhhh...you just bumped it up....

Old 07-04-2008, 05:37 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,091,672 times
McMolly
Don't mean to get into a sparring match here, but you asked me a question.

No, you did not say that your opinion is the only honorable one and you may not even think that. Your tone, however, leads to that interpretation. You dismiss my comments about JM"s personal life and declare YOU don't use supposition. That suggests you think I do, and if you don't then you need to change your writing style.
Your chiding about how people are judging others and that you don't dredge up the past again suggests that others do. Finally-what is that remark about liberals all about? All liberals are opinionated and you are not? (For the record I am an independent and very middle of the road.) )

I think the moderator is fuming now and I am sorry I addressed that point but one does have to be particularly careful when using only the written word as misinterpretation can easily occur.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:19 AM

956 posts, read 1,235,304 times
Tama, it's all just words on a page. I am purposely careful with my tone, particularly here. Have I ever made a mistake and used a hint of sarcasm to make a point? Sure. Who among us here hasn't?

I did not "dismiss" your comments about McCain's previous wife; I simply have no interest. There's a difference.

I am a writer. I play with words ... it's what I do. I don't believe I chided or judged anyone and I'm sorry you see it that way. We simply disagree on a multitude of levels.

And that really is okay.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:16 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,091,672 times
Oh shucks-=-I promise to shut up after this post. If you use a "hint of sarcasm" and "play with words" to make a point don't go into denial when you get called on it. If you reread your own postings after a few weeks I think you will see that I haven't misinterpreted but have rather gotten your gist just fine. Anyway, McMolly I don't think I could pull a lever for Obama either and we are probably closer in opinion than what you think.

Old 07-05-2008, 05:57 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,304 times
Quote:
Anyway, McMolly I don't think I could pull a lever for Obama either and we are probably closer in opinion than what you think.
I think we are, Tama. I'm sorry you don't like the way I write. I mean that sincerely. I'm not in denial and I don't need to read it again. I know exactly what I said and what I meant.

I don't think I so much meant you misinterpreted what I said as what I meant .... none of it was meant to be critical of you personally. And whenever I may appear to "chide" it's as much against myself as everyone else. I think all of us often tend to be far too critical and judgmental of those who don't share their opinion.

While I may not agree with many people here, I honestly not only respect, but actually applaud, their right to feel as they do.

Now I promise to shut up, too ... we got way off the track of the thread (which I actually think is an improvement)

Old 07-06-2008, 01:08 PM

994 posts, read 1,545,128 times
let me be the first to baptize john mccain with the
c-word...'crazy' john mccain!

Old 07-08-2008, 06:38 PM

994 posts, read 1,545,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
You liberals are to over sensitive
I guess someone is just 'to over sensitive' when called a 'c*nt' - HAHAHA!

Old 09-27-2008, 08:53 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,053,820 times
I wonder what we think of this thread after a month of Palin and the reason why McCain chose her and how he has not allowed her to be a real candidate and be out there interacting.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:57 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,452,360 times
If PitPalin screws up the debate with Biden I bet the "C" word will be spewing from McShame's ugly puss an awful lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections