Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 08:20 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
That is the ONE word that bothers me above all others. Not sure what it is, but whenever I hear it I feel sick to my stomach.
I think every woman and every decent man feels the same. I was talking with one of my daughters about this and she agreed that it would be a deal breaker for her. The day her husband called her this name she and the kids would be packed and gone. The ugliness, contempt, and hatred embodied in that word says all you need to know about how the person saying it feels about you.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:53 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,862,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
A joke, I hope. If not, then-

1) You shouldn't be married to a woman to whom you feel "the term applies".

and

2) You should look into therapy for your anger issues concerning women.
No joke at all. I've called a woman that word to her face exactly once in my life and it was entirely appropriate for the situation and richly deserved. It's not a word I use lightly but in rare cases it's the exact word that applies.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:03 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,917,165 times
It is a word that should never be uttered, NEVER. To think that a husband calls his wife that word, in front of reporters and they are still together, makes me wonder what goes on behind closed doors! Abused women don't always look like they fit the definition. Add drug abuse into the equation and their life is far worse. I truly pity women in that situation.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:04 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times
Do we know for a fact that McCain said this, or is it something fabricated like McCain saying "horse****" during the debate when he did NOT say that? If he really called his wife that, then that bothers me a lot. But I'm not going to believe it based on liberals bashing him for it, because I have seen plenty of bashing of McCain and Palin the last couple of months and the bashers didn't care whether it was true or not.

I hope he didn't say it. I would lose a lot of respect for him. But even if he did say it my choices come down to McCain and Obama. The I cannot support Obama's political view. I.CAN.NOT. So I guess that leave me with McCain because I feel like a vote for a third party is a vote for Obama. And I do agree with McCain's political views.

If someone has PROOF he said this, I would like to see it. I don't want to see anything from the Huffington Post. I want to see a video of him saying it. I don't trust a liberal journalist SAYING he heard him say it.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
If someone has PROOF he said this, I would like to see it. I don't want to see anything from the Huffington Post. I want to see a video of him saying it. I don't trust a liberal journalist SAYING he heard him say it.
Yeah, right! You would be posting that it was edited, dubbed, faked, it wasn't him, he was telling his wife to 'bunt' because they were playing baseball, or 'punt' because they were playing football, or it's a Vietnamese word he picked up while a POW that means, 'Dear, would you please get me a cup of tea'. There's no way in he!!, based on your previous posts that your going to believe your GOD, your SAVIOUR, would ever say anything so disgusting, so vile. It's the liberal media, they're making up all this stuff about your IDOL. Oh me, oh my, those liberals are so mean!!

You want to know if it's true, look it up your self. I'm not wasting any more energy on 'proving' anything to you.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:15 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,053,820 times
Baptist Minister Asks McCain: "Did You Call Your Wife A C**t?" (VIDEO)
Including a video of him being asked.
McCain’s Camp Responds: Reports He Called Wife C-Word Are ‘Tabloid Trash’ at The Insider
McCain Calls Wife C-Word? - Momlogic
author says it's true and McCain's camp says it's trash. Who's lying?

According to the new unauthorized biography The Real McCain by Cliff Schechter, the presidential candidate's temper got the best of him (and his wife) during the '92 campaign--and he dropped the c-bomb. The book claims that he called Cindy the female body part during a tirade witnessed by three reporters and two aides. "At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, 'You're getting a little thin up there,'" Schechter writes. "McCain's face reddened, and he responded, 'At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you c*nt.'" Whoa. "Cindy just gave an embarrassed smile and remained silent, and the other people in the bus didn't say anything, either," Schechter tells momlogic. "Everyone was utterly speechless."

Momlogic reached out to John McCain's camp for comment about the c-word claims, and John McCain aide Tucker Boundes had this to say: "This is tabloid trash. It has no basis in fact. It calls into question the journalists that report on this."

Old 09-28-2008, 09:23 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Baptist Minister Asks McCain: "Did You Call Your Wife A C**t?" (VIDEO)
Including a video of him being asked.
McCain’s Camp Responds: Reports He Called Wife C-Word Are ‘Tabloid Trash’ at The Insider
McCain Calls Wife C-Word? - Momlogic
author says it's true and McCain's camp says it's trash. Who's lying?

According to the new unauthorized biography The Real McCain by Cliff Schechter, the presidential candidate's temper got the best of him (and his wife) during the '92 campaign--and he dropped the c-bomb. The book claims that he called Cindy the female body part during a tirade witnessed by three reporters and two aides. "At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, 'You're getting a little thin up there,'" Schechter writes. "McCain's face reddened, and he responded, 'At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you c*nt.'" Whoa. "Cindy just gave an embarrassed smile and remained silent, and the other people in the bus didn't say anything, either," Schechter tells momlogic. "Everyone was utterly speechless."

Momlogic reached out to John McCain's camp for comment about the c-word claims, and John McCain aide Tucker Boundes had this to say: "This is tabloid trash. It has no basis in fact. It calls into question the journalists that report on this."
All of these things are popping up on the internet, like McCains pal in the last banking scansal Charles Keating, his collaboration with the North Vietnamese, and now he used the c-word. Why doesnt any of it get on tv or in the debates?

Old 09-28-2008, 09:30 AM

He has never denied saying that to his wife. It's been published (publish date 5/1/3008)in a biography about his life and if it is not true why isn't McCain using some of his millions to sue the pants off the author of the the book. It's been almost five months since the book came out. Plenty of time to put togethe a 'dream team' of the best lawyers money can buy. Could it be because he did utter the words and there are witnesses who heard him say the words. Witnesses who will not lie under oath.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
All of these things are popping up on the internet, like McCains pal in the last banking scansal Charles Keating, his collaboration with the North Vietnamese, and now he used the c-word. Why doesnt any of it get on tv or in the debates?
It has been in the media. How the heck do you think we heard/read about it?

As for it's not being in the debates, well, if you bothered to check out what the purpose of the Presidental debates you would know they are not about trashing the other candidate.

Commission on Presidential Debates

: The first presidential debate will focus on foreign policy and national security; the third presidential debate will focus on domestic and economic policy. The second presidential (town meeting format) debate will include any issues raised by members of that audience and online, and the vice presidential debate will include foreign and domestic policy.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:45 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
And has been posted and linked previously by others the world except for Israel wants Obama. Thus if people know what is best for them you might want to give Obama another look.
LOL. So whatever the rest of the world wants is what I should base my decision on? I don't think so! I know you don't care about the Bible, but the Bible says that God blesses the nations who bless Israel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections