Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 07:43 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,354,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You made racist statements...that makes you racist....don't want to be known as a racist? then don't make racist statements.

I hate racism and will "flame" it every chance I get.
I hate racism too. I talked to my husband about it, and he said that it was a racist statement even though he knew that I was not a racist. I looked up the definition of a racist on the web, and yes that would make me a racist by that definition. I now thank you for telling me this because it was not in my mind to be a racist. You helped me see how I have believed certain things about blacks that I should not have believed. Reading the reason for the lower IQs on minorities has helped me as well. It just goes to show that while you hate racists and want nothing to do with them, even moved away from the south to get away from them, that a person can still have some racist thinking. I would be so embarrassed at this moment, except that you have helped me in this and so I am more grateful.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:53 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,667,293 times
Obama denies the whitey tape - did not dodge the issue
Fight the Smears | The truth about Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Yet you believed the whitey comment supposedly made by michelle right?
She was totally all up on the whitey video, which is why I'm finding this exchange a tad bit hilarious.

Quote:
A dem heavyweight like Beckel is worried about this? Maybe it's not a baseless rumor afterall?

Funny, the video on Fox has disappeared. Hmmmm..very interesting.
Quote:
How do you come to that conclusion? Would you expect Obama to admit it if one did exist?
Quote:
I just have to ask; There are reports that the Obama campaign put out the "alternative pronunciation" ie "Why'd he" instead of "Whitey".

Now, the leads me to believe that THERE IS some kind of tape with her ranting.

I could be wrong. But I don't think so.

Good times ahead, For sure.
Quote:
Do you think when the "Whitey" tape comes out, he will throw Michelle under the bus? Divorce her? Lock her in the closet with duck tape on her mouth?

Old 06-22-2008, 07:53 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
I hate racism too. I talked to my husband about it, and he said that it was a racist statement even though he knew that I was not a racist. I looked up the definition of a racist on the web, and yes that would make me a racist by that definition. I now thank you for telling me this because it was not in my mind to be a racist. You helped me see how I have believed certain things about blacks that I should not have believed. Reading the reason for the lower IQs on minorities has helped me as well. It just goes to show that while you hate racists and want nothing to do with them, even moved away from the south to get away from them, that a person can still have some racist thinking. I would be so embarrassed at this moment, except that you have helped me in this and so I am more grateful.

Just as soon as I pick my jaw off the floor I will rep you.....you just cut down all the trees and now see the forest clearly....definitely nothing wrong with YOUR IQ !!

Old 06-22-2008, 08:09 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Calling his wife the "c" word is enough for me to not like the man.
Even though you have no evidence that he actually did. Just some claim from a left-wing kook citing anonymous sources. Good enough for you?

Old 06-22-2008, 08:13 AM

Quote:
She was totally all up on the whitey video, which is why I'm finding this exchange a tad bit hilarious.

Quote:
A dem heavyweight like Beckel is worried about this? Maybe it's not a baseless rumor afterall?

Funny, the video on Fox has disappeared. Hmmmm..very interesting.

Quote:
How do you come to that conclusion? Would you expect Obama to admit it if one did exist?

Quote:
I just have to ask; There are reports that the Obama campaign put out the "alternative pronunciation" ie "Why'd he" instead of "Whitey".

Now, the leads me to believe that THERE IS some kind of tape with her ranting.

I could be wrong. But I don't think so.

Good times ahead, For sure.

Quote:
Do you think when the "Whitey" tape comes out, he will throw Michelle under the bus? Divorce her? Lock her in the closet with duck tape on her mouth?
I'll just highlight the pertinent words;
"MAYBE it's not a baseless rumor"
"IF one did exist"
"Some kind of tape with her ranting"
"I could be Wrong" "But I don't think so.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Even though you have no evidence that he actually did. Just some claim from a left-wing kook citing anonymous sources. Good enough for you?
Reference:

Michelle

Whitey Tape

Fin.

If it never happened, why did McCain refuse to answer the question?

Old 06-22-2008, 08:20 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,433,675 times
Quote:
I'll just highlight the pertinent words;
"MAYBE it's not a baseless rumor"
"IF one did exist"
"Some kind of tape with her ranting"
"I could be Wrong" "But I don't think so.
A couple weeks ago, you were making a big deal about the so called "whitey tape", even started a thread or two about it. Your glee at the tape's potential couldn't be hidden. Well, where is it? Got a little egg on your face don't you? Perhaps you should learn that wishful thinking and rumors are no substitute for the real thing.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
If it never happened, why did McCain refuse to answer the question?
Same reason Obama would not directly dignify an answer to the "whitey" rumor.

Quote:
“We have seen this before. There is dirt and lies that are circulated in e-mails and they pump them out long enough until finally you, a mainstream reporter, asks me about it,” Obama said to the McClatchy reporter during a press conference aboard his campaign plane. “That gives legs to the story. If somebody has evidence that myself or Michelle or anybody has said something inappropriate, let them do it.”

Asked whether he knew it not to be true, Obama said he had answered the question.
Ben Smith's Blog: Obama denies a rumor and questions the question - Politico.com

Old 06-22-2008, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Same reason Obama would not directly dignify an answer to the "whitey" rumor.

Ben Smith's Blog: Obama denies a rumor and questions the question - Politico.com
Directly addressed on his webpage

Fight the Smears | The truth about Michelle
Lie:

On May 30th, Rush Limbaugh said he had heard a rumor that a tape exists of Michelle Obama using the word “Whitey” from the pulpit of Trinity United Church of Christ.
Truth:

No such tape exists. Michelle Obama has not spoken from the pulpit at Trinity and has not used that word.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:32 AM

Quote:
A couple weeks ago, you were making a big deal about the so called "whitey tape", even started a thread or two about it. Your glee at the tape's potential couldn't be hidden. Well, where is it? Got a little egg on your face don't you? Perhaps you should learn that wishful thinking and rumors are no substitute for the real thing.
As usual you are not paying attention. IF the republicans had the tape, why would they put it out now? If they did, that would give an opening to Hill&Bill at the convention. We would rather go against Obama than Hill&Bill.

Follow along - So IF it exists, the smart strategy would be to.hold.it.for.an.October.surprise - clear?

I noticed that Newtoli didn't include my musings that IF a tape exists one would have a reasonable expectation that others would be able to get a hold of it (clinton). But, maybe not, since I heard that the church pulled all the tapes from the store.

You make an assumption that since it hasn't aired, it doesn't exist.

I would not count on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.