Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 07:43 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Well I hope you feel better now that you have that out of your system.

So many Obama supporters come off as the creepiest cultists sometimes. They've become and adopted the very tactics, rhetoric, and style of Republicans circa 2002-2005.

But, keep deluding yourself that anyone who doesn't worship at the feet of your Plastic Jesus candidate is "uneducated," "unenlightened," "racist," "poor," or just plain big old "divisive" meanies (the last one allegedly hurled by the OP without a hint of irony!)

I am largely apathetic to whomever wins this next election. I think Obama is an opportunist fraud and a charlton who will bumble through his administration like a Democratic version of Bush, and McCain is just "blah." The idol worship by Obama supporters, however, is embarassing to watch. So glad I turned in my Democratic party membership last month, because I simply cannot associate myself with the pompous attitude of democrats, whose fortunes this election turn NOT on their own accomplishments, but because of the F-up of George Bush.

Hope it makes you proud.

Rep point for you. The OP does not serve their side well with these histrionics and idolization of Obama.

Always wonder what the OP thinks they are accomplishing by such silly name calling of the other side. Do they honestly think they will convince someone undecided to vote for their candidate with childish rants and no facts or new information? I don't think so.

Oh, well. It must make the OP feel good on some level. That's cool...free forum to vent and all. Not very effective if you are trying to convince the undecideds though. In fact...the OP surely must know they are driving people away from Obama with the fanaticism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 07:48 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Rep point for you. The OP does not serve their side well with these histrionics and idolization of Obama.

Always wonder what the OP thinks they are accomplishing by such silly name calling of the other side. Do they honestly think they will convince someone undecided to vote for their candidate with childish rants and no facts or new information? I don't think so.

Oh, well. It must make the OP feel good on some level. That's cool...free forum to vent and all. Not very effective if you are trying to convince the undecideds though. In fact...the OP surely must know they are driving people away from Obama with the fanaticism.
My view is that posters who repeatedly start similar threads such as this have little credibility if they don't extensively participate and provide analytical insights in the many issue oriented threads in this forum.

This stuff reminds me of junior high.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:10 AM

89 posts, read 228,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
As I read some of these threads, I'm astounded that Republicans, stealth Hillary supporter Republicans, Conservatives, Neocons, and racists can consider themselves relevant in the discussion of who should be the next president. You were wrong in '04. You were wrong in '00. You were wrong about Bush. Bush lost every debate to Kerry, and you were wrong about that. Red states were wrong. The war was wrong, wrong, wrong. We should not be there. PERIOD. It is NOT enough to say, "well now that we're there.......", no this is absolutely ludicrous. WE SHOULD NEVER HAVE MADE THAT DECISION TO GO THERE. Incredibly flawed judgment is what Republicans represent and I find that your assessment of Barack Obama is mere fishing. The man transcends your nonsense, no question.

This election, the president will be elected by those enlightened folks who weren't foolish enough to vote for the village idiot in '04. Obama can count among his supporters the most educated in this country. He will get the vote of those who recognize the error in their ways and have corrected it. There are millions who are sick of the Republicans. Sick to death of the lies, the spins, the racism, the divisiveness, the ineffective policies, the lack of solutions to today's problems, the detached diplomacy, the arrogance and pompous ineptness. Republicans told us that George Bush deserved a second term to "finish the job." As we sit here now, we know that this was a lie. George Bush NEVER had any chance of wrapping up an ideological war that he chose to fight with guns. Now Republicans have put forth another pathetic man in McCain and the lies continue.

So fish on without effect. But remember, as a Republican or McCain supporter, you have no credibility, especially when it comes to the next President of the US: Barack Obama. Your purpose is in showing the world who the WRONG candidate is, and that's John McCain. You do that quite well.
After lurking here for months and reading many of your posts, I continue to be amazed that you appear to be completely oblivious to your own hypocrisy. Either that, or you're nothing more than a troll who posts garbage like this over and over just to get a rise out of people. Maybe if we all start to ignore you going forward, you'll just go away and bother people on another board.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:21 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,848,785 times
first of all, you automatically disqualify yourself from any serious thought because of your usage of the word neocon. secondly, did you say that others were arrogant? now why don't you go and shoot a whale from your car as per your enlightened state law.

Quote:
As I read some of these threads, I'm astounded that Republicans, stealth Hillary supporter Republicans, Conservatives, Neocons, and racists can consider themselves relevant in the discussion of who should be the next president. You were wrong in '04. You were wrong in '00. You were wrong about Bush. Bush lost every debate to Kerry, and you were wrong about that. Red states were wrong. The war was wrong, wrong, wrong. We should not be there. PERIOD. It is NOT enough to say, "well now that we're there.......", no this is absolutely ludicrous. WE SHOULD NEVER HAVE MADE THAT DECISION TO GO THERE. Incredibly flawed judgment is what Republicans represent and I find that your assessment of Barack Obama is mere fishing. The man transcends your nonsense, no question.

This election, the president will be elected by those enlightened folks who weren't foolish enough to vote for the village idiot in '04. Obama can count among his supporters the most educated in this country. He will get the vote of those who recognize the error in their ways and have corrected it. There are millions who are sick of the Republicans. Sick to death of the lies, the spins, the racism, the divisiveness, the ineffective policies, the lack of solutions to today's problems, the detached diplomacy, the arrogance and pompous ineptness. Republicans told us that George Bush deserved a second term to "finish the job." As we sit here now, we know that this was a lie. George Bush NEVER had any chance of wrapping up an ideological war that he chose to fight with guns. Now Republicans have put forth another pathetic man in McCain and the lies continue.

So fish on without effect. But remember, as a Republican or McCain supporter, you have no credibility, especially when it comes to the next President of the US: Barack Obama. Your purpose is in showing the world who the WRONG candidate is, and that's John McCain. You do that quite well.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:44 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
They are starting to panic. See, by all measures, Obama SHOULD be creaming McCain in the polls - he's not, basically a tie.

Obama's most recent flips - Iraq, Guns, Financing, but especially FISA, have the effect of weaning some of his supporters off the kool-aid. They are starting to realize he is not the candidate he thought he was. All one has to do is read some of the Left-wing blogs that have started to question his integrity and positions and voice their rejection of the messiah. Check out his own social page my.barackobama.com. Not to mention the Hill&Bill supporters and their sites that pummel him daily.

That doesn't even factor in the attacks on the right that are soon to come.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:44 AM

994 posts, read 1,544,475 times
Quote:

Well, there are people dumber than Bush... namely those who VOTED FOR HIM!

Old 07-07-2008, 10:52 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I am quite sure that President Obama will do a good job. But it will take time and effort to clean up after Bush and Cheney.
So your already saying "Obama will be a failure, even I know it, but we can just blame that on Bush too."

Old 07-07-2008, 10:54 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Well I hope you feel better now that you have that out of your system.

So many Obama supporters come off as the creepiest cultists sometimes. They've become and adopted the very tactics, rhetoric, and style of Republicans circa 2002-2005.

But, keep deluding yourself that anyone who doesn't worship at the feet of your Plastic Jesus candidate is "uneducated," "unenlightened," "racist," "poor," or just plain big old "divisive" meanies (the last one allegedly hurled by the OP without a hint of irony!)

I am largely apathetic to whomever wins this next election. I think Obama is an opportunist fraud and a charlton who will bumble through his administration like a Democratic version of Bush, and McCain is just "blah." The idol worship by Obama supporters, however, is embarassing to watch. So glad I turned in my Democratic party membership last month, because I simply cannot associate myself with the pompous attitude of democrats, whose fortunes this election turn NOT on their own accomplishments, but because of the F-up of George Bush.

Hope it makes you proud.
WONDERFUL POST!!!! Spot on.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:07 AM

717 posts, read 773,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
Well, there are people dumber than Bush... namely those who VOTED FOR HIM!
I 'll bet the farm you voted for Jimmy Carter.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:14 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
My view is that posters who repeatedly start similar threads such as this have little credibility if they don't extensively participate and provide analytical insights in the many issue oriented threads in this forum.

This stuff reminds me of junior high.
I would agree.

I would also put the infinite number of "Barrack Hussein Obama"/Change What Change/Black Supremacist/ Muslim Anti-Christ threads in that vein.

Many of these Obama bashers Cut and Run when you actually try to discuss issues with them.

So I can see this on both sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections