Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 07:50 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,616,320 times

Advertisements

143 days is all it took for us to see what he has. Looking at his voting record it shows me he is a total scam artist and liar. In his 143 days his voting record shows me that he votes on items that will benefit him and votes against anything that can make a difference.

He votes to tax everything under the sun and he votes against protecting our country, our borders, our langauge and out constitutional rights.
So in 143 days what he has learned is how to vote for things that cost the taxpayers more money and when he couldnt decide he just said present and not accounted for!

143 days and he took bribes and his wife got a 200k raise the day after he won, wow. He is doing good isnt he. He even got a 600k house for 300k with a deal that none of us could get and then turned around and lied to us telling us on national TV that countrywide is a company that needs to be looked into. Well, come to find out he was looking into it with his friend and buddy Johnson who will end up in jail for his fraudulent ties.

It took 143 days for him to call Washington a bad place, then what does he do? He becomes a part of Washington and the most paid off liberal in the Senate.

In 143 days he has shown us that someone new with the right ties to people can call everyone else a bad thing when in fact he is worse then anything that is already there.

It took Obama wife 17,502 days to love America and it will take Obama 1 day to destroy it.

We need a change in Washington, its called send Obama back where he belongs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 07:51 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,763,539 times
if it only took 1 day to destroy this country, it would have been destroyed sometime between January 20, 2001 and present day

Old 07-07-2008, 07:52 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,643,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The Democratic Party | Community Blogs | Jane Heffelfinger's Blog: Obama had 143 Days of Experience as a United States Senator!

That's it??

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced he is a puppet for Soros.

I also think he is being heavily backed by the far left wing elites, which includes Soros. They have finally found their puppet to push their marxist agendas, and based this election process totally on identity politics for the disenfranchised. And maybe they will pull it off. It is more than amazing to me that there are millions and millions of Americans willing to forego their commonsense, good judgment and values in order to get a black man into the White House, no matter his experience or character. Quite an enigma.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:52 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,587,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
It is more than amazing to me that there are millions and millions of Americans willing to forego their commonsense, good judgment and values in order to get a black man into the White House, no matter his experience or character. Quite an enigma.

If you want to talk about amazing enigmas: In 2000, Republicans gave us a 50-year old manchild who never really grew up, is functionally illiterate, has a record of drug abuse and getting busted for DUIs, is an all-around failure at pretty much everything he does in life, so NOTHING really surprises me anymore.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:00 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
If you want to talk about amazing enigmas: In 2000, Republicans gave us a 50-year old manchild who never really grew up, is functionally illiterate, has a record of drug abuse and getting busted for DUIs, is an all-around failure at pretty much everything he does in life, so NOTHING really surprises me anymore.
I don't know I think he's done a pretty good job. Low taxes, low unemployment, good stock market, GDP roaring along, all that before the slowdown in our economy, which is nothing unusual.

In addition, his very aggressive stance fighting the terrorists in Iraq and elsewhere has kept the us from another attack on our soil. You remember 9/11, don't you?

And now with Iraq close to becoming a self sufficient functioning democracy at peace within it's borders and political reconciliation taking place, I think "W"s "vision" is well on it's way to success.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:06 AM

9 posts, read 47,128 times
Default Obama had 143 days of experience as a us Senator

You're right. Barack Obama had 143 (I thought it was 134) days in Washington as a US Senator; before he launched an exploratory committee to do whatever exploratory committees do to determine if a bid for the presidency is a possibility.

Somehow that doesn't hit me with adequate experience to ward off-trouble in Iran or wherever there may be problems. He talks a good line and I'm sure he's intelligent, but I'm not voting for intelligence. He wasn't in the US Senate when the votes were cast to go or NOT to go to Iraq; but he makes attempts to indicate that he didn't vote for the war. (He was still in illinois)

I'm voting for the person who is best fit to lead our country out of the current quagmire; and I think the person is John McCain and Mitt Romney.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:13 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamrns View Post
You're right. Barack Obama had 143 (I thought it was 134) days in Washington as a US Senator; before he launched an exploratory committee to do whatever exploratory committees do to determine if a bid for the presidency is a possibility.

Somehow that doesn't hit me with adequate experience to ward off-trouble in Iran or wherever there may be problems. He talks a good line and I'm sure he's intelligent, but I'm not voting for intelligence. He wasn't in the US Senate when the votes were cast to go or NOT to go to Iraq; but he makes attempts to indicate that he didn't vote for the war. (He was still in illinois)

I'm voting for the person who is best fit to lead our country out of the current quagmire; and I think the person is John McCain and Mitt Romney.

Not to mention all of his much-vaulted "State Representative" experience sounds great.... until you realize the Illinois Legislature meets for 2 months a year.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:24 AM

9 posts, read 47,128 times
Smile Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I don't know I think he's done a pretty good job. Low taxes, low unemployment, good stock market, GDP roaring along, all that before the slowdown in our economy, which is nothing unusual.

In addition, his very aggressive stance fighting the terrorists in Iraq and elsewhere has kept the us from another attack on our soil. You remember 9/11, don't you?

And now with Iraq close to becoming a self sufficient functioning democracy at peace within it's borders and political reconciliation taking place, I think "W"s "vision" is well on it's way to success.
Sanrene,

You did a pretty good job of encapsulating dubya's years. There have been many disappointments, but overall, I think they stem from the Nancy Pelosi/Harry Reid Congress not being willing to work with Dubya. Irresponsibility is on both sides.

Annie

Old 07-09-2008, 09:53 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,646,492 times
Senate experience is an exaggerated qualifier for the presidency. A senator and president have very different jobs. A senator is supposed to pass legislation. A president is supposed to enforce it. McCain deserves a lot of respect for serving in the Senate for so long, but ultimately what it qualifies him to be is Senator. The truth is that neither nor Obama have never truly lead a large organization before running for President. The only large noteworthy organizations either of them have lead is their campaigns. And in that contest, Obama is clearly the better leader.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:30 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Senate experience is an exaggerated qualifier for the presidency. A senator and president have very different jobs. A senator is supposed to pass legislation. A president is supposed to enforce it. McCain deserves a lot of respect for serving in the Senate for so long, but ultimately what it qualifies him to be is Senator. The truth is that neither nor Obama have never truly lead a large organization before running for President. The only large noteworthy organizations either of them have lead is their campaigns. And in that contest, Obama is clearly the better leader.
By that logic we should be having an election contest between David Axelrod and Karl Rove.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections