Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2008, 02:18 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
I don't think either one should be critisized for alcohol use. As long as they keep within reasonable limits. They're adults, and supposedly responsible and in firm control of their urges. Obama has freely admitted to it, and you think that's a problem. Bush is obviously hampered by his long-term abuse but won't admit to it. Bush is in the White House, where his poor judgement has resulted in a terrible mess. Obama isn't showing any signs of lingering after-effects, and you want to focus on him.

Like I said, if your concern is presidential drug/alcohol abuse, you're swallowing alligators and choking on gnats.
Stop putting words into my mouth, where I did say it was a problem? Try to find anything like that from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 03:26 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Stop putting words into my mouth, where I did say it was a problem? Try to find anything like that from me.
It's clear that your concern is not presidential substance abuse.

You just fear Obama.

You have plenty of company in that. But it's time that our nation matured and moved beyond such silliness. Maybe you'll even get to respect him some day, if he does well in office. The right wing has driven a deep wedge between Americans, making us approach one another as if we were enemies. Perhaps Obama can bring some healing. We need it badly. The merchants of hatred and intolerance have had the stage for far too long.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:32 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What, I never determined if it was relevant or not, I posted a thread here to read other peoples postings. Just because you dont like the topic, doesnt mean its not relevant...
Look, pghquest, you created this entire thread as a bait thread, the title would make it appear that Obama is currently a heavy user of drugs and alcohol, which he is not.

That's like me creating a thread "McCain, the next president, adulterer".

It's low class and frankly doesn't belong in a political debate.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:43 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Look, pghquest, you created this entire thread as a bait thread, the title would make it appear that Obama is currently a heavy user of drugs and alcohol, which he is not.

That's like me creating a thread "McCain, the next president, adulterer".

It's low class and frankly doesn't belong in a political debate.

Stop putting words in his mouth!

Old 07-12-2008, 06:18 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,120,290 times
Alcohol:
G.W. Bush-Admitted alcohol abuse in mid 30's. Strong evidence of abuse in early adulthood. Says he doesn't drink alcohol presently.
B.H. Obama-Admitted underage alcohol abuse begining in high school. Called a "binge drinker" by friends. Occasionaly seen drinking socially.

Marijuana:
G.W. Bush- No evidence that he ever smoked Marijuana.
B.H. Obama-Admitted using Marijuana regularly in high school and afterwards in college.

Tobacco:
G.W. Bush- Has never smoked cigarettes according to his biographer. Said to have tried a pipe but did not enjoy it.
B.H. Obama- Regular cigarette smoker. In college he was said to have smoked "up to two packs a day". Told his doctor at his last physical that he "has been unable to quit". Frequently seen smoking before campaign stops.

Cocaine:
G.W. Bush- There have been accusations but no evidence exists that Bush has used Cocaine
B. H. Obama- Admitted abuse begining in his teen years in Hawaii and afterward.

There is no evidence that G.W. Bush has broken the law with respect to illegal drugs.

There is strong evidence and his own admission that B.H. Obama committed a Felony by using an illegal substance (Cocaine). He knowingly and willfully violated the drug laws of the United States and the State of Hawaii.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:51 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
Alcohol:
G.W. Bush-Admitted alcohol abuse in mid 30's. Strong evidence of abuse in early adulthood. Says he doesn't drink alcohol presently.
B.H. Obama-Admitted underage alcohol abuse begining in high school. Called a "binge drinker" by friends. Occasionaly seen drinking socially.

Marijuana:
B.H. Obama-Admitted using Marijuana regularly in high school and afterwards in college.

Tobacco:
G.W. Bush- Has never smoked cigarettes according to his biographer. Said to have tried a pipe but did not enjoy it.
B.H. Obama- Regular cigarette smoker. In college he was said to have smoked "up to two packs a day". Told his doctor at his last physical that he "has been unable to quit". Frequently seen smoking before campaign stops.

Cocaine:
G.W. Bush- There have been accusations but no evidence exists that Bush has used Cocaine

There is no evidence that G.W. Bush has broken the law with respect to illegal drugs.

There is strong evidence and his own admission that B.H. Obama committed a Felony by using an illegal substance (Cocaine). He knowingly and willfully violated the drug laws of the United States and the State of Hawaii.

As we have already discussed. There may be no evidence, but why won't bush just come out and say "I have never done drugs." He only says " I have never done drugs in the past 25 years."

His friend secretly taped him saying he would not discuss any previous LSD or Cocaine or pot use, because he did not want to negatively impact the youth.

It does not take a rocket science to read between the lines and understand Bush was on his own little pharmaceutical planet during his college years.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:58 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
By his own admission in his autographical books, Barack Obama says he used Pot and Cocaine while in high school in Hawaii. According to the laws of the State of Hawaii Cocaine use is a felony.

Regardless of at what point it occurred in his life, BARACK OBAMA COMMITTED A FELONIOUS CRIME for which, if he had been caught he would have served PRISON TIME.

The disingenuous EXCUSES his supporters concoct are just cop-outs and not reasons that explain Obama's ILLEGAL behavior.

One ludicrous response suggests that if your friends are all breaking the law it's ok for you to commit a crime as well! What irresponsible reasoning! The respondant explained further that he experimented with drugs in college. I BELIEVE HIM! His lack of competent reasoning skills demostrates that is true!

Both Barack Obama and his doctor have made statements about his habitual disorder which he has never been successful at controlling. This lack of self control as well has his current struggles with addiction do not bode well for obama and show a deep flaw in his character.

WE DO NOT NEED A FORMER DRUG AND ALCOHOL ABUSER WITH DEMONSTRATED HABITUAL PROBLEMS IN THE WHITE HOUSE!
Why should I care, especially if you voted for Bush both times?

Old 07-12-2008, 06:59 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,120,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
It does not take a rocket science (SIC) to read between the lines and understand Bush was on his own little pharmaceutical planet during his college years.
Considering Bush's suspected drug abuse and personal failure as Commander in Chief the electorate would be wise in refusing to vote for Obama fearing the same or worse consequences!

Old 07-12-2008, 07:02 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,673 times
Quote:
Considering Bush's suspected drug abuse and personal failure as Commander in Chief the electorate would be wise in refusing to vote for Obama fearing the same or worse consequences!
No, I don't think it was Bush's drug use. Just his natural home grown born-with stupidity.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:21 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,059 times
Quote:
Alcohol:

Marijuana:

Tobacco:

Cocaine:

Nice thorough write up (even though cites would have been nice). I can't help but chuckle a little pondering the last few statements in bold though... in retrospect of all that Bush has done over the last 8 years in terms of breaking many laws, both foreign and domestic; though perhaps nothing as blatant and direct as doing illicit drugs (that we have undeniable evidence of). Bush and Drugs + 1; crimes against humanity - i.e. WHERE TO BEGIN?!

/end of OT rant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections