Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2008, 10:06 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,495,102 times

Advertisements

Oh my God, Obama might drink alcohol on occasion?!!! Fiend!

Never mind that most of the rest of us do so as well! Marijuana in college?! Who ever heard of such a thing?! Never!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 10:36 PM

278 posts, read 791,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
There is strong evidence and his own admission that B.H. Obama committed a Felony by using an illegal substance (Cocaine). He knowingly and willfully violated the drug laws of the United States and the State of Hawaii.
use of cocaine, in and of itself, is not a felony offense. depending on the amount/weight, it may be a felony to posses it, and it is a felony to posses it with intent to distribute it regardless of amount/weight.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:17 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,121,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Nice thorough write up (even though cites would have been nice). I can't help but chuckle a little pondering the last few statements in bold though... in retrospect of all that Bush has done over the last 8 years in terms of breaking many laws, both foreign and domestic; though perhaps nothing as blatant and direct as doing illicit drugs (that we have undeniable evidence of). Bush and Drugs + 1; crimes against humanity - i.e. WHERE TO BEGIN?!

/end of OT rant
I have never voted for Bush but if he has broken laws why has he not been prosecuted?

Use your common sense. If G.W. Bush had violated ANY law, charges would have been brought up not only in criminal court but in congress. Believe me lawyers for the DNC have been searching dilligently for anything they could convict G.W. Bush on and they have come up empty.

Do you seriously think he would be in office now if he had committed even the slightest infraction?

If you have provable evidence that G.W. Bush committed a crime please contact the DNC immediately!

On the other hand there is testimony from others and admission from B.H. Obama that he violated drug laws.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:06 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,651,171 times
Quote:
I have never voted for Bush but if he has broken laws why has he not been prosecuted?

Use your common sense. If G.W. Bush had violated ANY law, charges would have been brought up not only in criminal court but in congress. Believe me lawyers for the DNC have been searching dilligently for anything they could convict G.W. Bush on and they have come up empty.

Do you seriously think he would be in office now if he had committed even the slightest infraction?

If you have provable evidence that G.W. Bush committed a crime please contact the DNC immediately!

On the other hand there is testimony from others and admission from B.H. Obama that he violated drug laws.
Well, he was probably going to get away with it. Thank goodness you're here to point out he should be convicted for his past drug use. Good job!

Old 07-13-2008, 08:16 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,121,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJickler View Post
Well, he was probably going to get away with it. Thank goodness you're here to point out he should be convicted for his past drug use. Good job!
I never said he should have been convicted. I said he could have been convicted.

A great part of growing into maturity is choices and consequences.

There is no doubt that Barack Hussein Obama has made bad choices.

Willfully and intentionally breaking the law by possessing and consuming illegal drugs shows a serious flaw in Obama's character. By his own good luck he has, so far, suffered no consequences. As you say he has gotten away with it.

However, there is evidence of long term and/or late life effects of cocaine. Peruvian workers who produce the powder from leaves sometimes suffer chronic joint pain. Dementia is common among regular users.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:05 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,863,269 times

Actually,
I think if you look it up W is the only president elected with a criminal record. I wondered why more was not made of this. but I guess in a shame election it doesnt really matter.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:28 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,651,171 times
Quote:
I never said he should have been convicted. I said he could have been convicted.

A great part of growing into maturity is choices and consequences.

There is no doubt that Barack Hussein Obama has made bad choices.

Willfully and intentionally breaking the law by possessing and consuming illegal drugs shows a serious flaw in Obama's character. By his own good luck he has, so far, suffered no consequences. As you say he has gotten away with it.

However, there is evidence of long term and/or late life effects of cocaine. Peruvian workers who produce the powder from leaves sometimes suffer chronic joint pain. Dementia is common among regular users.
I still say that I'm glad you're around to point it out. And I'm gad you're concerned that he may suffer from dementia at some point down the road. You're a great warrior in the fight to bring down Barack Hussein Obama.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:54 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,495,102 times
Quote:

What would you say is worse? Experimenting with an illegal drug a few times way back in the day? Or driving while drunk, putting the lives of innocent people at risk?

Go ahead and answer that.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:18 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
What would you say is worse? Experimenting with an illegal drug a few times way back in the day? Or driving while drunk, putting the lives of innocent people at risk?

Go ahead and answer that.
mm, lets see, one was a felony, the other one was a traffic ticket in its day...

And you dont think drug users put peoples lives at risk? Obviously you live in fantasy land where there arent drug users around.

p.s. topic of the thread is Obama, nice try at deflecting though..

Old 07-13-2008, 01:03 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,762,150 times
Which was the felony? I would hope drinking and driving as that is by the killer over both Marijuana and Cocaine. Hell, if you can afford to have a habitual cocaine habit, you don't even need to drive... you probably have a driver/butler. But hard to rationalize one over the other based on legality anyway. Morally, alcohol is equal to or a more egregious offense, in terms of what an obnoxious moron/incapacitated driver it can make people. I would ride with someone stoned or high ANY day of the week before I'd ride with someone sloshed.

http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-dr...tatistics.html

Go and try to find 13,500 auto fatalities due to smoking weed or snorting coke in a year.

Fundamentally, what does all this really equate to anyway? Rather, what relevance to the election? It's clear both McCain and Obama are both upstanding individuals in this regard these days. Who cares what either of them or Bush dabbled in when they were younger?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections