Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 12:00 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,616,320 times

Advertisements

Allies help each other all the time, its the way it works.

Besides McCain or Bush run Iraqi air space, the Iraqi's do and I am quite sure they would allow any allie as we would to use air space to take out an enemy.

I dont want to go at Iran, but if the time comes and we need to defend ourselves and or our allies, air space means nothing.

How about asking Iran what air space they would be violating if they send missles towards Israel?

They are the ones threathening to destroy not us, while you just making up this hypo idea that means nothing.

Dont worry McCain will protect you, he has the guts, the tools and the experience and wont go running around asking for help or say present when their is a time of need. You dont want Obama answering the phone at 3 am or 3 pm for that matter, his skills and lack of decision making might be to late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 12:10 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,495,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post

Besides McCain or Bush run Iraqi air space, the Iraqi's do and I am quite sure they would allow any allie as we would to use air space to take out an enemy.

I dont want to go at Iran, but if the time comes and we need to defend ourselves and or our allies, air space means nothing.

How about asking Iran what air space they would be violating if they send missles towards Israel?

They are the ones threathening to destroy not us, while you just making up this hypo idea that means nothing.

Dont worry McCain will protect you, he has the guts, the tools and the experience and wont go running around asking for help or say present when their is a time of need. You dont want Obama answering the phone at 3 am or 3 pm for that matter, his skills and lack of decision making might be to late.
If Americans are committed to the invasion of 3 countries within one decade, then we all need to be prepared to pay, easily, a double in the price of oil. Most analysts project that a strike on Iran would send oil prices into the $200 to $250 range immediately.

Do you think crippling the U.S. economy is worth going after Iran?

Old 07-12-2008, 07:11 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,162,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post

1. What proof do you have that Iraq (a Muslim country) would be an ally of Israel (Jewish state)?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/20/wo...20shiites.html

CNN.com - Senate Democrats*press Iraqi PM on*Israel remarks - Jul 25, 2006

2. Protect us from what? The borders are wide open. There is not even a faint guise of protection coming out of DC. These wars are being fought for other reasons. None of them help protect us.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:31 AM

9,370 posts, read 14,319,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I am not getting a good feel for the whole Iraq thing and am wondering at times if we will allow them to be free and independent.
Are you joking?

In 1991 I had the feeling that US troops would be in Kuwait at least twenty years and I joked about it being the 51st state.

Now I have the feeling that US troops will be in Kuwait for fourscore and twenty years, Iraq as well, and possibly Iran as well, not to mention the UAE (in other words, the whole Persian Gulf region) or at least until the oil runs out, or a US scientist comes up with a civilization-changing invention. Maybe the Chinese will get there first, and this time they'll know what to do with it (unlike the case of gunpowder).

If Obama has a better plan, he'd better spell it out clearly. But, like the same ole' same ole' politician that he is, and he is a good one, he will hedge his bets and say whatever he needs to say to whoever is listening to get into office, and then roll in the bucks with whatever pet schemes that he and his cronies have up their sleeves.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:25 AM

351 posts, read 336,831 times
Israel doesn't need Iraqi airspace to attack Iran. They can just as easily fly on the boarder of Turkey/Syria to accomplish the mission as it is appox. the same distance. Hence the fly over demonstrations earlier this year. Most Middle East countries would be happy to have nuclear capabilities hampered for Iran, but won't say this publicly. Gas prices will no doubt double and that is why President Bush filled the US oil reserve to 97% capacity. I say attack The Iran Whacko, Drill Here Drill Now and once we don't need the Middle East's oil let's see how long before they fall back into the stone ages.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:31 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
If it is true now that Iraqi airspace is being violated by Israel with the complicity of the United States will McCain also allow it. What will be the impact on our relations with Iraq and the safety of our troops if Israel attacks and flys though the skys we control. What will be the consequences on you at the gas pumps? Do you concur and will you vote for Senator McCain because of?
I don't see how that's relevant. Are you suggesting that all Iraqi air controllers are blind, or that just some of them are blind?

The key to even marginal success for any air strikes in Iran by the US or Israel is surprise. The Iranians aren't going to be very surprised if their Shi'a buddies in Iran are contacting them by cell phone to warn them that 132 armed Israel aircraft are flying over the country or are landing and refueling at Iraqi air bases, or that their refueling in-flight (which would take a few hours).

Old 07-13-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal512 View Post
Israel doesn't need Iraqi airspace to attack Iran. They can just as easily fly on the boarder of Turkey/Syria to accomplish the mission as it is appox. the same distance. Hence the fly over demonstrations earlier this year. Most Middle East countries would be happy to have nuclear capabilities hampered for Iran, but won't say this publicly. Gas prices will no doubt double and that is why President Bush filled the US oil reserve to 97% capacity. I say attack The Iran Whacko, Drill Here Drill Now and once we don't need the Middle East's oil let's see how long before they fall back into the stone ages.
You know, we could just wait until the elections in 2009 for Ahmadeninajad to be replaced by a more moderate Iranian President. Or, we could realize that he doesn't actually have any control over the Iranian forces. I wouldn't bet that Bush actually knows that either.

Quote:
According to Iran's Constitution, the Supreme Leader is responsible for the delineation and supervision of "the general policies of the Islamic Republic of Iran," which means that he sets the tone and direction of Iran's domestic and foreign policies. The Supreme Leader also is commander-in-chief of the armed forces and controls the Islamic Republic's intelligence and security operations; he alone can declare war or peace. He has the power to appoint and dismiss the leaders of the judiciary, the state radio and television networks, and the supreme commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. He also appoints six of the twelve members of the Council of Guardians, the powerful body that oversees the activities of Parliament and determines which candidates are qualified to run for public office
The Structure of Power in Iran

I can't believe so many people are talking about bombing Iran when they don't even understand their culture or how their government operates.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal512 View Post
There is no time in the foreseeable future when we will be independent of Middle Eastern oil. Our reserves, as well as any untapped oil offshore or in ANWR, are far, far short of being close to quenching the drop in supply from oil partners in the Middle East.

Any person from either party knows that as dead fact, except a few gung-ho neocons.

So you're willing to pay eight bucks a gallon? I'm not, and neither would most Americans. But hey, at least we'd be jumpstarting Armageddon for the wacko right wing Christians!

Old 07-13-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I don't see how that's relevant. Are you suggesting that all Iraqi air controllers are blind, or that just some of them are blind?
The US currently has control of Iraqi airspace. Iraq has no fighters at the moment and less that 50 total aircraft including 23 helicopters.

Iraqi Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-13-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I can't believe so many people are talking about bombing Iran when they don't even understand their culture or how their government operates.
The U.S. doesn't need to understand cultures! We just need to understand how to bomb them! And everyone else who doesn't subscribe to our views!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections