Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 10:46 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,162,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
The U.S. doesn't need to understand cultures! We just need to understand how to bomb them! And everyone else who doesn't subscribe to our views!
At least you've figured that out. We don't attack countries that pose a real threat to us, we attack those that disagree with our desire to remain the world's only superpower. I'm wondering when we're going to invade China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 10:48 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal512 View Post
Israel doesn't need Iraqi airspace to attack Iran. They can just as easily fly on the boarder of Turkey/Syria to accomplish the mission as it is appox. the same distance.
What map are you using that shows that Iran borders Turkey and Syria?

Do the words "combat radius" mean anything to you? Obviously not.

Quote:
I say attack The Iran Whacko, Drill Here Drill Now and once we don't need the Middle East's oil let's see how long before they fall back into the stone ages.
You don't need the Middle East's oil? Um, okay.

Without Middle East oil, the US will not fall back into the Stone Age, but it will fall back into the 1960s.

You use powdered laundry detergent, right? If you don't, then you should start getting into the habit of buying and using powered laundry detergent, because without Middle East oil, you won't have liquid laundry detergent.

All of your artificial flavorings and colorings are made from Middle East oil, so that will clear out about 60% of the products on your grocer's shelves.

Without Middle East oil, all those people working at Wild Flavors and Givuadan will be out of a job, as will all those employees who work at Pierre's Frozen Foods and such. but I'll guess you're more than willing to pay another 10% in taxes to fund their unemployment benefits.

Since heavy oil produces 70% less gasoline per barrel than Middle East oil, I have to believe you're willing to pay $12/gallon for gasoline.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:05 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,584,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
israeli aircraft Iraqi airspace - Google Search

Pick your own article to read and form an opinion. If it is true now that Iraqi airspace is being violated by Israel with the complicity of the United States will McCain also allow it. What will be the impact on our relations with Iraq and the safety of our troops if Israel attacks and flys though the skys we control. What will be the consequences on you at the gas pumps? Do you concur and will you vote for Senator McCain because of?
I don't think McCain will be president. Neither do I think Prime Minister al-Maliki particularly likes Israel either.

PM hopes to lift Iraq by doling out cold, hard oil cash - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/07/13/iraq.money.ap/index.html - broken link)

Old 07-13-2008, 02:02 PM

351 posts, read 336,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
What map are you using that shows that Iran borders Turkey and Syria?
When did I say the two countries border Iran? Maybe you need to look at the map. Syria and Turkey share a border to the north west of Iran. Of course Turkey shares a border to the north of Iran therefore, Israel can fly between Syria/Turkey and into Iran just as easily as they can fly along the Jordan/Syria border and then across Iraq to Iran. Sorry you don't have the common sense to figure that out and glad I was here to spell it out for you...You must have gone to Obama's school of geography. Either way it is approx. the same distance therefore back to my point Israel doesn't need Iraqi airspace to get to Iran. Between the oil shale, ANWR, The Gulf and The Atlantic we have more oil than Saudi. It will take us a year to have that oil in our tanks(Google Eric Bolling Fox Buisness & CNBC). The Saudis are currently pulling as much sour crude (high sulphur) as they are sweet crude and they don't know when they can get more rigs in the ground. The US can do it better faster and cheaper as we have always done. When there is a Tsunami who does the world turn to? When there is an AIDS epidemic in Africa who does the world turn to? When the Germans are attacking who does the world turn to? The US always comes to the rescue with aid, money, and support only to bashed, ridiculed and insulted. It is lonely at the top.

Old 07-13-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
You know, we could just wait until the elections in 2009 for Ahmadeninajad to be replaced by a more moderate Iranian President. Or, we could realize that he doesn't actually have any control over the Iranian forces. I wouldn't bet that Bush actually knows that either.

The Structure of Power in Iran

I can't believe so many people are talking about bombing Iran when they don't even understand their culture or how their government operates.
I lived in Saudi Arabia when the US Embassy was taken Hostage. I saw firsthand in Damman what happens when you steal in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Have you ever seen someone get their hand cut off? I was 12 when I witnessed that. The Khobar Towers bombing was 20 min. from my house. I know more about the Middle Eastern culture than 99% of the US public. These people want us dead. Our freedoms and open society is a threat to their control. There is no negotiating as our death is the only acceptable outcome.

Old 07-13-2008, 02:14 PM

Well Eric Bolling seems to know his stuff. Dude, that myth has already been debunked. Cheney started it and retracted it.

News Hounds: Fox's Eric Bolling Repeats (For the Third Time in Four Shows) Retracted Lie About China Drilling Off the Coast of Cuba

Old 07-13-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
I lived in Saudi Arabia when the US Embassy was taken Hostage. I saw firsthand in Damman what happens when you steal in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Have you ever seen someone get their hand cut off? I was 12 when I witnessed that. The Khobar Towers bombing was 20 min. from my house. I know more about the Middle Eastern culture than 99% of the US public. These people want us dead. Our freedoms and open society is a threat to their control. There is no negotiating as our death is the only acceptable outcome.
Business or soldier?

Old 07-13-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Business or soldier?
Buisness - Saudi has potable drinking water in part thanks to my dad who's won national and international awards for his designs.

Old 07-13-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Well Eric Bolling seems to know his stuff. Dude, that myth has already been debunked. Cheney started it and retracted it.

News Hounds: Fox's Eric Bolling Repeats (For the Third Time in Four Shows) Retracted Lie About China Drilling Off the Coast of Cuba
Whether or China is or is not off the coast of Florida is not the point...
Although the blog you offer up as evidence posts no facts to oppose Bolling's claim...
Bolling: Profit on Offshore Drillers - TheStreet.com
Click image for larger version

Name:	toon062508.gif
Views:	91
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	23166

Old 07-13-2008, 02:56 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
not guna happen. a lot of mideast public policy is sword rattling and boasting.
the public loves it. empty threats are a hot mideast item.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections