Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 11:27 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Unless you have a crystal ball, you don't know how "liberals" would have tried to prove someone with Obama's heritage is ineligible. Actually, the Senate had to pass a resolution making McCain eligible, as he was born in the country of Panama, not in the Panama Canal Zone. The law at the time he was born made him ineligible. You did not see a plethora of threads about that on CD.

The law you are referring to about Obama's mother's age is in reference to people born abroad. If you're born in the US, you are a citizen, even if neither of your parents are citizens, and even if neither of them are "of age". Since Obama's mother was underage, the age of majority being 21 at the time, there is likely a different law, never pursued by the "birthers" that gives him citizenship.

For once and for all? He submitted his BC last summer, and the birthers immediately called it a forgery. They would do the same with anything he submitted.

The governor of Hawaii, a Republican, has declared that Obama was born in Hawaii. What more "proof" do you want?
>crickets<

I'd like to know what more proof they want, specifically, too.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:13 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,725,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
>crickets<

I'd like to know what more proof they want, specifically, too.
They want some proof that supports their ridiculous claims that he is serving illegally, and will settle for nothing less.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:36 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Default Is Obama Legally Eligible to Serve as President?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
Is Obama Legally Eligible to Serve as President?
I don't know.........................................BUT.. ..................

Here's a question for you . . .

SOME TIME AGO HILARY SAID SHE HAD SOMETHING ON OBAMA THAT WOULD CHANGE THE ELECTION AND THAT'S WHY SHE ONLY SUSPENDED HER QUEST FOR THE PRESIDENCY, WELL HERE IT IS.

This came from a USNA alumnus. It'll be interesting to see how the media handles this...

Barack Obama is not a legal U.S. natural-born citizen according to the law on the books at the time of his birth, which falls between December 24, 1952, to November 13, 1986. Federal Law requires that the office of President requires a natural-born citizen if the child was not born to two U.S. Citizen parents. This is what exempts John McCain, though he was born in the US Panama Canal Zone.

US Law very clearly states: '. . . If only one parent is a U.S. Citizen at the time of one's birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for minimum ten years, five of which must be after the age of 16.' Barack Obama's father was not a U.S. Citizen is a fact.

Obama's mother was only 18 when Obama was born. This means even though she had been a U.S. Citizen for 10 years, (or citizen of Hawaii being a territory), his mother fails the test for at-least-5-years- prior-to Barack Obama's birth, but-after-age-16.

In essence, Mother alone is not old enough to qualify her son for automatic U.S. Citizenship. At most, 2 years elapsed from his mother turning 16 to the time of Barack Obama's birth when she was 18. His mother would have needed to have been 16 + 5 = 21 years old at the time of Barack Obama's birth for him to be a natural-born citizen. Barack Obama was already 3 years old at the time his mother would have needed to be to allow him natural citizenship from his only U.S. Citizen parent. Obama should have been naturalized as a citizen . . .. but that would disqualify him from holding the office.

The Constitution clearly declares: Naturalized citizens are ineligible to hold the office of President. Though Barack Obama was sent back to Hawaii at age 10, any other information does not matter because his mother is the one who must fulfill the requirement to be a U.S. Citizen for 10 years prior to his birth on August 4, 1961, with 5 of those years being after age 16.

Further, Obama may have had to have remained in the USA for some time frame to protect any citizenship he might have had, rather than living in Indonesia. This is very clear cut and a glaring violation of U.S. Election law. I think the Governor Schwarzenegger of California should be very interested in discovering if Obama is allowed to be elected President without being a natural-born U.S. Citizen, since this would set a precedent. Stay tuned to your TV sets because I suspect some of this information will be leaking through over the next several days.

So, how did that little birth certificate blow-up work out for you Obama haters?

Old 05-20-2009, 06:44 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Talking Country first...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
Oh please, if Obama were republican the shoe would be on the other foot - you libs would be tripping over each other trying to prove that he's not eligible wouldn't you.
Prove it.

Quote:
He is not legally eligible until his real birth certificate attests to the fact of his birth. A certificate of live birth is not proof. We don't know that he was born in Hawaii. We do know that he was registered for school in Indonesia as Barry Soetoro. His mother was not legally eligible to confer citizenship upon him because of her age.

If he can prove he's eligible why doesn't he put this to rest once and for all?

You can laugh and call us "non-believers" wackos (and worse) all you want.
You have no proof that he IS eligible.
Relax. No president has ever presented his birth certificate to me. Probably not to you, either. They all worked out.

Presidents aren't required to present endless documentation to rabidly oppositional haters. Get over yourself.

Quote:
I just hope the real Obama is found out before he completes his goal of destroying capitalism and turning this country into one large welfare state
with everyone beholden to the government.
Hope?

Yes, you can.

http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/obama%20hope.jpg (broken link)

Old 05-20-2009, 06:55 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
He is doing a pretty good job. I'll keep him President.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:23 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,524 times
Obviously not or he would be President. Oh wait, he is the President. Hm, I wonder how that happened? I wonder if had something to do with the fact that he's an American citizen. Interesting...

Old 05-26-2009, 01:05 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
I don't know.........................................BUT.. ..................

Here's a question for you . . .

SOME TIME AGO HILARY SAID SHE HAD SOMETHING ON OBAMA THAT WOULD CHANGE THE ELECTION AND THAT'S WHY SHE ONLY SUSPENDED HER QUEST FOR THE PRESIDENCY, WELL HERE IT IS.

This came from a USNA alumnus. It'll be interesting to see how the media handles this...

Barack Obama is not a legal U.S. natural-born citizen according to the law on the books at the time of his birth, which falls between December 24, 1952, to November 13, 1986. Federal Law requires that the office of President requires a natural-born citizen if the child was not born to two U.S. Citizen parents. This is what exempts John McCain, though he was born in the US Panama Canal Zone.

US Law very clearly states: '. . . If only one parent is a U.S. Citizen at the time of one's birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for minimum ten years, five of which must be after the age of 16.' Barack Obama's father was not a U.S. Citizen is a fact.

Obama's mother was only 18 when Obama was born. This means even though she had been a U.S. Citizen for 10 years, (or citizen of Hawaii being a territory), his mother fails the test for at-least-5-years- prior-to Barack Obama's birth, but-after-age-16.

In essence, Mother alone is not old enough to qualify her son for automatic U.S. Citizenship. At most, 2 years elapsed from his mother turning 16 to the time of Barack Obama's birth when she was 18. His mother would have needed to have been 16 + 5 = 21 years old at the time of Barack Obama's birth for him to be a natural-born citizen. Barack Obama was already 3 years old at the time his mother would have needed to be to allow him natural citizenship from his only U.S. Citizen parent. Obama should have been naturalized as a citizen . . .. but that would disqualify him from holding the office.

The Constitution clearly declares: Naturalized citizens are ineligible to hold the office of President. Though Barack Obama was sent back to Hawaii at age 10, any other information does not matter because his mother is the one who must fulfill the requirement to be a U.S. Citizen for 10 years prior to his birth on August 4, 1961, with 5 of those years being after age 16.

Further, Obama may have had to have remained in the USA for some time frame to protect any citizenship he might have had, rather than living in Indonesia. This is very clear cut and a glaring violation of U.S. Election law. I think the Governor Schwarzenegger of California should be very interested in discovering if Obama is allowed to be elected President without being a natural-born U.S. Citizen, since this would set a precedent. Stay tuned to your TV sets because I suspect some of this information will be leaking through over the next several days.

This is a serious issue that deserves investigating.

Let us know what you turn up.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
The law you reference above is regarding a child born abroad. Despite the attempts of the birthers to unearth evidence that Obama was born in Kenya, there are no credible sources to support such a claim. He was born in Hawaii. Therefore, with no other criteria, he is a US citizen.

Believe me, if Hillary Clinton had had anything to disqualify Obama, she would have used it well before his inauguration.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:52 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
My t.v. set seems to believe that Barack Obama is eligible, elected and serving as President of the United States...there's nothing to "stay tuned" for, is there?

Old 05-26-2009, 05:04 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The law you reference above is regarding a child born abroad. Despite the attempts of the birthers to unearth evidence that Obama was born in Kenya, there are no credible sources to support such a claim. He was born in Hawaii. Therefore, with no other criteria, he is a US citizen.

Believe me, if Hillary Clinton had had anything to disqualify Obama, she would have used it well before his inauguration.
The last paragraph says it all. I also wonder if his father was unknown would this thread ever been started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections