Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 10:35 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,523,528 times

Advertisements

I would like to have a discussion where we identify the things we have in common, as even among the most opposed CD posters we surely must have issues that we can agree upon.

I believe it would be far more productive to find what we agree upon, and then work from there, to discuss the issues where we differ, and why, and maybe find some compromises, or, if nothing else, learn about each other, and why certain issues are ones we cannot compromise on.

So think of the poster you most strongly disagree with, and find some issue where there is common ground, for example, Jmarquise and I have disagreements on some heated issues, but I just found out that s/he likes to cook.

Well so do I, I work in a commercial kitchen and at a fine restaurant.

Sunshine Chick is concerned about government costing her more money. Well, we'd all like to keep as much of our money as possible. Even in the disagreement there is still some commonality....She has kids, and so do I, and so we share certain economic realities even if our income and tax situations are different and we disagree on how the government should be involved.

Get the idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 10:44 PM

29 posts, read 36,896 times
I have four legs, a tail to swat flies and love sugar cubes. Who is next?

Old 08-01-2008, 10:46 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAD HORSE View Post
I have four legs, a tail to swat flies and love sugar cubes. Who is next?

Dead Horse and I both like acres and acres of Real Estate....

Old 08-01-2008, 10:52 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,523,528 times
And I have a history in Real Estate, so Walidm and I have something in common, I'm also a monkey and I have a nice tail, as I imagine Dead
Horse must also posess.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:16 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Well, I will try.

SSC and I are both proud of our children and are both passionate in our beliefs.
Jmarquise and I both seem to enjoy a bit of sarcastic humour
And for 10 years (in between my two careers in education) I owned my own Real Estate Appraisal company....so I'm with you Real Estate folks in that respect.
Sanrene and Goldwings .....I'm thinking....I'm thinking

Old 08-01-2008, 11:20 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Well, I will try.

SSC and I are both proud of our children and are both passionate in our beliefs.
Jmarquise and I both seem to enjoy a bit of sarcastic humour
And for 10 years (in between my two careers in education) I owned my own Real Estate Appraisal company....so I'm with you Real Estate folks in that respect.
Sanrene and Goldwings .....I'm thinking....I'm thinking (Like to Post on CD?)

How's that?

Old 08-01-2008, 11:21 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
the biggest common ground I can find with anyone, is humor. I have been blessed, and cursed, with sarcastic humor and I love to put a smile on the face of people, be them democrat or republican.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:22 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
good thread by the way!

Old 08-01-2008, 11:23 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
How's that?
Yeah....that's the ticket....we all own computers and like to post on CD.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:25 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
the biggest common ground I can find with anyone, is humor. I have been blessed, and cursed, with sarcastic humor and I love to put a smile on the face of people, be them democrat or republican.
Yeah, that's why I really don't mind your posts jamrquise....even though you're usually dead wrong. I do appreciate your humor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections