Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 01:01 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I enjoy stirring the pot, I will admit that. but at the end of the day, whoever becomes president isn't all that important. people read too much into it. vote local people. that is the way to get your voice heard!
LOL, these are two things you and I have in common. Plus I do enjoy your occasional "ridiculous" post (except I don't always think they're ridiculous, LOL). I couldn't agree more that people focus wa-a-ay too much on POTUS, when so many things are going to happen the way they will (no matter who is--or is not--president).

Vote local--amen to that! Local politics has more effect on your quality of life than who becomes POTUS.

Oh yeah--jmarquise and I also lived in NOVA at the same time.

Last edited by normie; 08-05-2008 at 01:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 01:02 PM

Hey, this is a fun topic—especially since I think I must be the Kevin Bacon of this forum. I have something in common with everyone.

Like Delusianne, I think this election has had some hilarious moments and that some issues would make a really great reality tv game show.

Like Tuborg, I’m retired. But he’s a young ‘un—I’m wondering who else out there is like me— actually older than McCain?

And whaddaya do when you’re retired? Well, I do lots and lots of volunteer activities—which gives me a lot in common with norcalmom.

I’ve never owned a dead horse. But I did see a dead sea horse once while scuba diving.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Anyways... my favorite activities and interests include swimming holes with rope swings.
Ooooh, me too, me too. Except when I lived in Miami--I kinda worried about gators in the canals.

Like brattpowered I like watersports. Kayaking mostly, these days. When you’re my age the really hunky guys at the marina carry your kayak down to the landing. Extra bonus!

Somebody (I forget who) said s/he liked hiking, and so do I. Well, walking, really. And since passing 70 it’s become more like strolling. But still, I cover 5 miles a day. It just takes me awhile.

Like Teatime, I’m really into gardening. My roses don’t care who wins the election, boy oh boy sometimes I really appreciate that.

Like many of you, I get addicted to CDF for short periods of time, then get busy with something else, then come back sometimes weeks or months later and jump right back in as if I’d never left.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:08 PM

Oh, and here are some geographic connections:

Sanrene and I long ago discovered we lived near each other (beach cities of southern California), even had the same hangouts. And of course I also lived in NOVA for many years, which gives me a lot in common with jmarquise, McMolly, and quite a few others.

Like GeorgiaDem and NCN, I now live in Georgia. I live in a small mountain town kinda near the NE border. When I want to do something in a bigger city I head to Greenville, SC. So that’s something in common with gsupstate.

Like kristynwy I like quotes from Jefferson and I love Wyoming. I spent a summer working there 30+ years ago. What a beautiful place.

If you live or lived in Miami, Denver, Cleveland, Asheville, Houston or Chicago, you also have something in common with me.

Like Tigerlily, I really love the pacific northwest—wish I could live there because I love cool rainy days. I’m the exact opposite of a sunshine chick.

But—speaking of SC—like her I think the area near Wacammaw Bridge is a nightmare!

Old 08-05-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Sanrene and I long ago discovered we lived near each other (beach cities of southern California), even had the same hangouts. And of course I also lived in NOVA for many years, which gives me a lot in common with jmarquise, McMolly, and quite a few others.
Do you ever get the feeling that:
25% of the people at CDF live in Southern California,
25% live in NOVA,
40% live in North Carolina
.... and the final 10% are scattered across the rest of the country?

Or is it just this forum? (Maybe those are the people who really love politics???)

Old 08-05-2008, 01:16 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
we lived in NOVA at the same time? nice. it was hard to miss me, I was there for like 20 something years.

Quote:
LOL, these are two things you and I have in common. Plus I do enjoy your occasional "ridiculous" post (except I don't always think they're ridiculous, LOL). I couldn't agree more that people focus wa-a-ay too much on POTUS, when so many things are going to happen the way they will no matter who is or is not president.

Vote local--amen to that! Local politics has more effect on your quality of life than who becomes POTUS.

Oh yeah--jmarquise and I also lived in NOVA at the same time.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
where ya been my friend? prozac is available as a generic now, so doctors don't prescribe it anymore. no money to be made.
Plus... for decades people broke addictions by flushing prozac down the toilet. A lot of people did this, enough that it's in the water supply. So no need to buy it anymore.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
ladies, I am stating this for the record, I have a 17 inch penis.
Oh my!

I have oversized body parts too. But I'm on a diet.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:43 PM

Here's what I'd like to know about my fellow CDF posters...

Whadday going to do with all your extra time with this forum comes to a roaring halt? It closes down after the election!

Old 08-05-2008, 02:44 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
I posted a thread that kind of dealt with this. it was, "if barack obama is elected, when will we start the impeachment hearings?"

Quote:
Here's what I'd like to know about my fellow CDF posters...

Whadday going to do with all your extra time with this forum comes to a roaring halt? It closes down after the election!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections