Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 02:46 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,636 times

Advertisements

I visit other forums here and I'm actually getting busier at work so I don't have as much time to come out anymore. The election forum got a little too snippy for my tastes so I don't come over here much anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 02:48 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Oh, and here are some geographic connections:

Sanrene and I long ago discovered we lived near each other (beach cities of southern California), even had the same hangouts. And of course I also lived in NOVA for many years, which gives me a lot in common with jmarquise, McMolly, and quite a few others.

Like GeorgiaDem and NCN, I now live in Georgia. I live in a small mountain town kinda near the NE border. When I want to do something in a bigger city I head to Greenville, SC. So that’s something in common with gsupstate.

Like kristynwy I like quotes from Jefferson and I love Wyoming. I spent a summer working there 30+ years ago. What a beautiful place.

If you live or lived in Miami, Denver, Cleveland, Asheville, Houston or Chicago, you also have something in common with me.

Like Tigerlily, I really love the pacific northwest—wish I could live there because I love cool rainy days. I’m the exact opposite of a sunshine chick.

But—speaking of SC—like her I think the area near Wacammaw Bridge is a nightmare!
Nice post normie. I spent my honeymoon at a dude ranch in cody,WY. Beautiful country.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:56 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
what a coincidence. I spent my honeymoon at a dude ranch in wyoming too! well kind of. replace the word "honeymoon" with "two saturdays ago", the words "dude ranch" with "gay bar", and the word "wyoming" with "branson, missouri."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Nice post normie. I spent my honeymoon at a dude ranch in cody,WY. Beautiful country.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:28 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,946,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
what a coincidence. I spent my honeymoon at a dude ranch in wyoming too! well kind of. replace the word "honeymoon" with "two saturdays ago", the words "dude ranch" with "gay bar", and the word "wyoming" with "branson, missouri."
You probably saw more entertaining things than I did in Branson.

Last edited by normie; 08-05-2008 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: Because I had this great stay-cation joke--until I read the post again & realized it didn't work. So I'm stuck with this.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:31 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
what did you see? andy williams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
You probably saw more entertaining things than I did in Branson.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:52 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,120,743 times
I'm also retired Normie. Well sort of.

I retired form teaching math and science and coaching football 11 years ago. I tasught in virtually every situation form small rural high schools to inner city schools.

After I retired my brother and I began developing residential real estate. We've since branched out into Commercial as well.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:25 PM

Oh well, I'm retired in the same sort of way. I'm one of those people who buys a house every place I live but then can't bear to sell them, so I become a landlord. And... the older you get, the more you start inheriting properties and buying places from family members. So now I have a bunch of rental properties. They keep me busy, so I'm not truly retired.

See--I have things in common with you, too!

Old 08-06-2008, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
I visit other forums here and I'm actually getting busier at work so I don't have as much time to come out anymore.
I hear you! I don't know how people who work full time have time for this forum, either. I've gotten to a point where I can only read 1-2 threads when I do find time to log on at all... probably won't even have time for that soon. And I'm retired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
The election forum got a little too snippy for my tastes so I don't come over here much anymore.
Yes, it gets childish here, especially when there's no real news to discuss. Then it's mostly:

"Is too."
"Is not!"
"Well you're a doo-doo head!"
"Well you're a bigger doo-doo head!!"

Old 08-06-2008, 09:12 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Sanrene and I long ago discovered we lived near each other (beach cities of southern California), even had the same hangouts. And of course I also lived in NOVA for many years, which gives me a lot in common with jmarquise, McMolly, and quite a few others.

If you live or lived in Miami, Denver, Cleveland, Asheville, Houston or Chicago, you also have something in common with me.
I used to live in the beach cities of southern California and also lived in Denver.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I used to live in the beach cities of southern California and also lived in Denver.
Did you go to DU by any chance? That's where I did my grad work. Are you anywhere near Denver now, and if so are you planning to go to the Convention?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections