Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 02:14 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
So this thread is just a comparison of their attendance record and what bills they may have piggy backed off of? I thought this was going to be a real "tale of the tape" Presidential style..........dammit....no <yawn> emoticon.

LOL I think it's obvious.......what have they actually accomplished....did you have anything prudent to the conversation or are you just trolling with no real information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 02:16 PM

Come on your guys are the best the other side has....you have to have something other than spins that have been provided......speak on the facts at hand the facts posted in the OP.....Opinions in situations like this just make you look clueless.....sort of like the previous thread with his adviser fumbling over himself to come up with his accomplishments.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
McCain: finished at the bottom of his class at the Naval academy

Obama: Number 1 in his Harvard Law School class

I report, you decide...

Lies....more truth next time?

"Always on the edge of flunking out, McCain finished fifth from last in his class. Poindexter—the future national-security adviser—finished first. After graduation, McCain went out of his way to choose a naval career that was as different from his father's as imaginable. "Actually," he says, "I wanted to be a navy pilot, because I thought it was a pretty exciting life. I wasn't interested in being on a destroyer or a battleship or a submarine. I thought being a navy pilot would be a lot of fun. But that was the extent of my ambitions. It was not to reach higher rank or to advance up the ladder. I just thought it would be a great life, and it turned out indeed it was."
"

Since then his record is impeccable. Howd you do in school and did you become valedictorian and graduate top of your class.....if not why aren't you president?

Not comparing him to Albert Einstein but you do knw he dropped out of school intelligence comes in different forms...not just academics.

I dropped out of my school for personal reason and @ 16 tested to a grade level of sophomore in college.....does that mean I'm an idiot also ....of which I finished.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:23 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
LOL I think it's obvious.......what have they actually accomplished....did you have anything prudent to the conversation or are you just trolling with no real information.
What other information is there about their voting attendance? You have the numbers posted Your thread died right there. The only thing left is for the Obamatrons and the Mccainiacs to start slinging the same crap they do in every other thread.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:23 PM

540 posts, read 962,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Obama knows how a bill becomes a law.
Project Vote Smart - GOVERNMENT 101: How a Bill Becomes Law

Congratulations...you now know as much as Obama.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:25 PM

If the proverbial **** can't be slung apparently nothing.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
We can go back to the futile attempt to see what they've accomplished lately - Namely, What Bill have they submitted in the 110th CONGRESS, since this will give us a more honest view of what the Senators care about relative to current events. (The consensus is Senator McCain's low number of legislative Bills in the 110th CONGRESS is to be expected...Interesting)

If you wish to consider Senator McCain's record back to 1993, an objective appraisal should include Senator Obama's record at least that far back, while in public service as well.

What's it matter if only 2 passed.

Maybe JM doesn't come up with garbage he knows is only propaganda that would never be passed......beside what better way to hide that you have done think but to try and pass as many as possible....see the lottery....chances in crease with numbers of tries......it's still a gazillion to one you ever win.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:33 PM

I'm sure Obama will help fund you guys...look at all his other funding programs he should have plenty left over.

!!!!help save obama from embarrassment fund!!!!
Political Mavens » Obama funding of cronies

Old 07-29-2008, 02:36 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
Now lets review Ron Pauls record and if he actually votes the way he talks.

WOW amazing he actually does.

Also missed less then both of them.

Rep. Ronald Paul [R-TX] - GovTrack.us

Old 07-29-2008, 02:38 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,739 times
What I see is two different senators who seem to do the very same thing. And that is miss work! I'm sure it is the norm for our illustrious senators who work a whopping 1 1/2 to 3 days a week to miss votes all the time. All this says to me, a hard working middle-class American, is that these pompous, pampered politicians can't even make it to work every day of an average 2 day work week.
This makes me even more aware of the impossibility that either of these men could truly represent me and all the rest of the average Americans. I have missed 3 days of work(5 to 6 day work weeks) in the last 6 years and I am a carpenter for G's sake. Your info. has simply made me even more upset with the current system we have in place for choosing our leadership. And if they aren't going to do any more work than they do, they need to be paid less. I already knew the salaries for senators were a bit heavy, but when you factor in all the down time these guys really have it made.
And for the OP, I think I am still kind of on your subject, though I haven't added any data so to speak. I just went a different direction with the comparison issue. Sorry if you feel I tried to hijack your thread. I just had something a little more personal to convey.

P.S. You have awoken in me a desire to research these voting records myself, not only our candidates but a general overall view of the whole deal. Just curious to see how all our other senators fare in the attendance and voting department. Especially Mrs. Dole and Mr. Burr!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections