Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 03:45 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,905 times

Advertisements

Daddy Yankee isn't really a rapper.. His genre is Reggeaton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 03:56 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Race is a factor, 90% of all blacks are voting for Obama because he is black, now that is racism!
67% of all percentages are made up

Old 08-26-2008, 04:14 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Daddy Yankee isn't really a rapper.. His genre is Reggeaton.
Spanish rap. More specifically, rappers from Puerto Rico who started the trend of rapping in spanish over reggae beats.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
Spanish rap. More specifically, rappers from Puerto Rico who started the trend of rapping in spanish over reggae beats.
They're not reggea beats at all. Reggeaton was created in Panama and was spread through out latin America. There is already sub-genre of Spanish rap. Reggeaton is completely different even though some reggeaton artists use rap in their lyrics. (not all). Anyway, OP, what lyrics are those? What's the song called?

Old 08-26-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
They're not reggea beats at all. Reggeaton was created in Panama and was spread through out latin America. There is already sub-genre of Spanish rap. Reggeaton is completely different even though some reggeaton artists use rap in their lyrics. (not all). Anyway, OP, what lyrics are those? What's the song called?
I'm sure panamanian rappers would like us to think that but i know better. Rap or sing over a reggae flavored track, its the same crap. 50 Cent "sings" too!

The majority ARE reggae flavored beats hence the name reggaeton! duh

I'm not here to debate the origins of reggaeton. It genereally sucks either way.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
I'm sure panamanian rappers would like us to think that but i know better. Rap or sing over a reggae flavored track, its the same crap. 50 Cent "sings" too!

The majority ARE reggae flavored beats hence the name reggaeton! duh

I'm not here to debate the origins of reggaeton. It genereally sucks either way.
I'd have to agree

Old 08-26-2008, 04:52 PM

305 posts, read 805,748 times
Quote:
Race is a factor, 90% of all blacks are voting for Obama because he is black, now that is racism!

What about the song by Ludicris ??, who talks about whites and downs America, and he did fund raisers for Obama.

Everything Obama touches has dirty finger prints on it.

Go McCain
!
Yea, I agree with you, blacks have no reason to be upset and vote for other blacks 90% of the time.... obviously blacks need to get ove it and move on with life.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:11 PM

479 posts, read 879,607 times
Spanish reggae and reggaeton are similar but different. Reggaeton is more like "spanish hip-hop" very popular in P.R. If you listen to spanish reggae artist like El General it has a much different flow.
Quote:

Old 11-01-2008, 10:10 AM

2 posts, read 3,026 times
Quote:

What about the song by Ludicris ??, who talks about whites and downs America, and he did fund raisers for Obama.

Everything Obama touches has dirty finger prints on it.

Go McCain !
McCain went to a highschool and supported Daddy Yankee's song Gasolina (which is about semen). Mccain is clueless he even thinks that the song supports his offshore oil drilling. McCain should be associating himself with Don Omar who sings about HIV and important issues. McCain doesn't even care enough to learn about what song he is promoting.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latina923 View Post
McCain went to a highschool and supported Daddy Yankee's song Gasolina (which is about semen). Mccain is clueless he even thinks that the song supports his offshore oil drilling. McCain should be associating himself with Don Omar who sings about HIV and important issues. McCain doesn't even care enough to learn about what song he is promoting.
unbelievable.

I'm sure he calls hispanics "those people".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections