Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 09:46 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times

Advertisements

I might just hold my nose and vote for Palin/McLoser. As a conservatarian, she is the closest thing to a real conservative since Reagan. This pick may very well might unite the base and swing enough support for the republican party to steal this election that the dems should have won handidly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 09:47 AM

575 posts, read 1,515,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
Well, the Soviet Union collapsed b/c of an incompetent leader and policies. Now the US will probably collapse if McCain were to die in office and this ***** were to become the president.
Thank you for the democratic parties spin, clueless and classless.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:49 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
He just lost the election.

Period.

If he had hired a team of experts from think tanks across the globe and asked what was the most hoplessly idiotic thing he could do to guarantee he would lose the election, this would be it.

This will go down in history as the single greatest gaff by a presidential party nominee who had a chance at winning.

If this is true, then he also does not deserve to be president. He's clearly lost his mind.
Why do I suspect the old Blaze isn't voting for McCain?

LOL

Old 08-29-2008, 09:57 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,947,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
1) She is the ONLY candidate with executive experience..
2) So now because people are parents, they cant run for office? Wait, I think that means Clinton, Obama, McCain are all unqualified.. Oooh, that part that she didnt abort a special needs child is what you meant..
3) Obama does not have more experience then Palin, try again. She has balanced budgets, Obama NEVER has..
4) So was Obama.. And the Clintons, whats your point?

Admit it, your upset because the nomination is female, its ok.. you'll feel better if you just tell the truth.
Not at all ... and it's moronic for you to even state that! Sounds like you're a sheep willing to follow a mother ewe anywhere.

If McCain wanted to pick a woman for the votes... he would have been much better off with Condy Rice. That's someone I could have voted for. She has the experience and leadership that's proven. Not a Mayor for 10 years. Y'all keep the chip on your shoulder and ignorance that we don't make educated decisions. If that was the mentality, we "neanderthal" men should have jumped for joy that winner of the Ms. Wasilla crown is VP. Woo hoo.. a hot woman. Whatever. Get me one that has the BEST experience. To me that would have been Condy Rice!

Old 08-29-2008, 09:57 AM

1,348 posts, read 3,585,527 times
McCain just lost the independent vote.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:58 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,947,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
McCain just lost the independent vote.
Thank you! Short. Simple. True.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:00 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Ah, the question is not how much he has lost, for I am sure it is few--but how many he's gained.

If you liked McCain before, you should like him even more as a result of his choice.

If you go from McCain to Obama, you were never a valid Republican to begin with, and I say, don't let the door hit ya!
So I guess valid Hillary supporters who went to Obama were never really her supporters?

Old 08-29-2008, 10:04 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
He did not loose any, he gained all those fence sitters that supported Hilary. This was a huge move by McCain. I admire McCain for this pick.
Yes, because all women are interchangable. Every broad knows that.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:06 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Sarah Palin is a brilliant choice. And now McCain will get some of his much-vaunted mojo back... >vomit icon<

Old 08-29-2008, 10:06 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Yes, because all women are interchangable. Every broad knows that.
You sound like a Democrat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections