Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 11:01 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,281,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
If that is true than its a good thing. Still, I need to read up on her to find out more before casting my vote.
Somebody kill me now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 11:02 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,685,729 times
Which world are you in.

This pick was golden.

If he would have picked Romney the libs would be saying the same thing.

You should be asking Obama why in the hell did he pick that joke to run with him?

Old 09-20-2008, 11:03 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post

You should be asking Obama why in the hell did he pick that joke to run with him?
Ooooooooooooooooh. The angry right.

Why are you guys all so...angry?

Old 09-20-2008, 11:05 PM

50 posts, read 90,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSweetWorld View Post
He doesn't give a sheight whether or not she's ready, and if you think he does, your just ignorant. All this lame old fart is trying to do is snatch up the hillary feminist movement. It smacks of desperation and I think by the end of next week he will have lost this election. Makes me happy...
No, it was a desperate attempt to snatch up the Christian Conservatives that were not very supportive of him. Now, there behind him 100%. Meanwhile, true Republican's are trying to put on a happy face and say that they are "pleased" and "how she brings a breath of fresh air to the ticket". Meanwhile, there screaming behind closed doors how the self proclaimed "maverick" sold out!

Old 09-20-2008, 11:17 PM

50 posts, read 90,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
If that is true than its a good thing. Still, I need to read up on her to find out more before casting my vote.
That's about all there is...not a whole lot to read up on. Went to five different colleges to achieve her 4 year degree in Journalism, was mayor of Wasilla (pop. 5,600 during her time), became Gov. of Alaska running on the ticket of the "Bridge to Nowhere" (before she opposed it). Now here she is running for V.P. with McCain. Oh, I left out member or possibly the president of the P.T.A. (not sure about the last one). Of course she doesn't know a lot about foreign policy or anything like that, but she knows how to field dress a moose! However, with the way things are going in this country that could come in handy as a V.P.

Old 09-20-2008, 11:20 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,431,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
What does this have to do with the issues and the election? If someone was into crocheting, should I vote for them? Jeesh, the country is falling apart, and people are voting for other hunters.

Rosie Grier has entered this race?

Old 09-20-2008, 11:25 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,428,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
I can say one for sure... mine!

First, I'm not saying that I'm not voting McCain's ticket because she's a woman. Let's get that out now. Here's the problems with her that I have:

1. McCain has been touting Obama's lack of experience as the reason he's a better choice. Now, he picks a VP nominee with less experience than Obama, both in age and in politics.
Who's on top of the ticket?

Quote:
2. He picks a person with a possible special needs child. I don't know how effective she will be as a parent and a VP to fill that child's need. May not be as big an issue, but it adds.
That's pathetic.

Quote:
3. McCain's age/health has always been an issue. If Obama is not ready with the experience he has (more than Palin) and his age, if something were to happen to McCain, what makes him think she's ready?
What make Obama ready and Biden has had 2 cerebral aneurysm.

Quote:
4. She's virtually an unknown and untested quantity.
Just like Obama.

Quote:
McCain... you just screwed up!! Had you picked Romney, I know many people on the fence around where I live (Texas) that would have jumped on the ticket to vote. Now... not only have you lost our votes... but gave them to your competitor. Bad move!
Nope I like Romney, I think he'd make a great president, but it would have been the old white guy ticket and too many morons have a problem with his Mormonism. It was not a winning ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections